Thursday 23 April 2009

hhhmmmmm...........

Not sure where to start really except we have been on school holidays for the last few weeks hence the lack of stitching posts..............I swapped work around so I was about more last week when we were suppose to be shearing the sheep and then it rained and got put off to this week..........not good...........4 out of 5 days out this week...........I feel very happy guilty at not assisting.........I did make 2 dozen patty cakes and 3 dozen muffins this morning before I went to work though...........that should keep them happy..........took some to work also........very popular..........

(Fitzroy Falls spectacular scenery)

The holidays have been busy though and I have stacks to do...............projects to finish by Monday.............OMG............stress, stress, stress............where will I fit it all in..............does anyone have a day or 2 to give me............

Oh.. and some disturbing news... I've found a blogger that is so much like me it's NOT FUNNY!! Okay, well, it is a little! We were chatting last night and are the biggest procrastinators you've ever seen... we were talking about if we should be encouraging each other to get as many wip's done as possible.... OR... maybe we should encourage each other to start as many new projects as we can....!!! If she wants to "out" herself... that's fine! But I'll keep her identity a secret for a little longer! ;)

Maybe I could have a challenge how many projects we could start in one weekend............if only I could find a weekend free to do it............how does everyone get so much sewing done..........tell me your tips..........I am failing..........

Take care til next time.............
.......Chookyblue..........

12 comments:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Im with you chooky . Lost the plot at the moment. Walking around in circles. And the biggest procrastinator. When you fine out let me know.

Lynn said...

I'll be watching your comments - maybe it will help me. I'm a horrible procrastinator and my big problem is starting too many projects at once . There's so much I want to do - I end up not finishing much. I have sewing ADD.

Chocolate Cat said...

I've been looking for that extra time myself!!! without success. Promise if I work out how to fit more in I'll let you know!! Hang in there I'm sure things will calm down one day.I have so many things to do, to finish and that I'd like to do.................

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

ohh I think that there are many of us Donna, the greatest procrastinators of all time! and it is so so easy to do so when there are all these lovely blogs to hop around, so much to sew!
have fun!!, Shiree

Cardygirl said...

You have been a busy girl! No wonder the stitching has fallen behind. I found a good way to stop my UFO's making me feel guilty- I gave away those that I knew I would never finish to the ladies in my mum's craft group! They finish them, sell them & donate them to charity.That leaves me feeling almost virtuous (LOL) to start new projects. My only approach is stitch when I can, but enjoy family time as they grow up too fast!

Jodie said...

I cleaned out my sewing room - like a real cleanout and then i bagged all my projects into see through bags. Now i can just go in and pick one up and work on it without thinking......but cleaning out the sewing room just made me want to start new things...

Lori in South Dakota said...

one day a week set some goals. They are only GOALS, you don't have to make them, but it will keep you more focused. Then one day a week go over where you are on those goals. What held me up? Was I distracted? Overwhelmed? Pulled aside by family or other things? Life happens!

Val said...

I totally agree. How does everyone do it? I have the "want to." Other things just take first place I guess. Oh well, I am glad that I am not the only one.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I think I'm at the top of the list of procrastinators. Wait to the last minute and then it's crunch time. Staying up at night is when I get the most sewing done, but I don't have little ones at home.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Anita said...

It is very hard Donna, for everyone! I don't have young children like you do or live on a farm but I do work lots. For me, my sewing is my sanity saver, otherwise my life would be just work at work and work at home. I cannot do that, I need some "me" time! So if it means that the ironing is not done, or the floor is not washed that week, then so be it.

jacquie said...

i'm a total procrastinator....putter offer and a notorious starter not finisher. i would love a weekend to simply start things...it's the finishing thing that stresses me out.

Helz said...

So That's what it's called !!!
Me? I just head for the Garden/Paddock... @ least this way I still get to create Lol...