Monday 28 December 2009

Advent Swap sent & received.............

This is the bundle of goodies I received from Kate in the Advent Swap
the pack of threads on the right will go well with the jelly roll I have of Patisserie I have so will have to find a small stitchery project to use threads.........lots of great goodies here..........oh and the applique glue will be very handy as I can't find mine...............

these are the things that missed the first pic................think a couple are missing.............I had never seen the ring of circles for applique before and saw them on someones blog in the last week and a couple of days later I opened some in a parcel......yeh.......I have already started using the journal book..............the charm packs are beautiful...............and all the other goodies are great...............it has been interesting to see all the different things people included in there parcels..................

here is the main gift.............this wonderful lap quilt................love the colours..............blue just for me.................thanks so much Kate for all the thought you put into this parcel..................

i don't have a pic of all the goodies I sent Kate but she has blogged some of them so head to her blog..............this is the main gift I sent to Kate.........I loved making this xmas tree.......I could easily make several more...............it was a free design from one of the american girls in the blog hop.................

Thanks to Fiona for organising the swap.................most appreciated...................I was a bit hesitant at the start to sign up but so pleased I did and I managed to find the required goodies to include in the parcel..............thanks for spreading the Christmas cheer............
&&&&
&&&
&&
&
On the rain front we have had over 5 inchs of rain now.................all the dams are full and running over the little creek is running....I can see the water from the lounge so it is starting to flood out of it's banks.............don't worry we are safe, high and dry in our house.........it can stop now but they have MORE forecast.............we will have some fencing to do once this goes down I am sure...........lets just hope the new fencing we did at the other place doesn't get taken out again this afternoon when the flood water hits there............if it isn't raining later I will go take some pics..........the mozzies haven't arrived yet but they will be here in there millions................and the last few nights going to sleep the orchestra of bug, crickets, frogs etc in the creek is amazing and really loud wished you could hear it.............very special................
Take Care til next time..............
Chookyblue

8 comments:

trash said...

Delighted you have had so much rain. Another Christmas miracle.

simplestitches said...

Lovely pressies from the Advent swap...glad you have had some good rain.
cheers Julz

Brenda said...

The sounds - I hadn't thought about them in years but as soon as I read your post I was back on the family farms at either Windsor or Adelong. This city girl misses the country right now. Hope the rain is just enough. Happy New Year.

jodie said...

I have that same singer tin, I use it for my yo-yos.
I like the Christmas tree, I scrapped this years Santa photo and made a tree like that (out of paper).

Leanne said...

Such lovely gift sent and received. An orchestra of frogs and bugs sounds pretty groovy to me.

Unknown said...

You received and sent lovely things for the advent swap ! We haven't had that much rain, if you get too much we'll take some here , lol !

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wonderful goodies ........ I did have fun in this one, I still haven't received my parcel yet, but I am sure it will turn up any day, look at all the fun I will have when it arrives...

Kris said...

That would make an excellent cd, your bug & frog orchestra!