Friday 25 January 2013

Santa Bag for James..........

Well I didn't get the 32 they forecast last Sunday..........it went to 35..............it's been around the 35-37 all week............with a bit more humidity is hasn't been so nice..........so I am still dreaming about a nice cool day............
It's been a big week work wise with some longer days...............another night of thunder storms and 3 fires from lightning that got put out while the boys were on the way to them from some rain.............unfortunately we only got 2 mls of rain.............again others got random bigger falls.......
some how in the last day or so I have gained a poor neglected calf and a lone lamb.........lucky me..............I will get you some pics soon..........
had some cattle stuck in a muddy dam - the boys have now fenced it off............
crazy amounts of rain falling up the Queensland coast.............we don't want it all but some would be nice..........
Haven't had a chance to get to the chook shed yet.............
this is a Santa bag I made before Christmas..........
Note to self.......think about the size of the writing before you draw it and cut it out in material............
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

17 comments:

Tracy said...

Some of the Qld rain would be nice Chooky. I'm sure they would happily share if they could.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

Thats something I would do....not think about the size before you cut it out....well it still looks good...and I hope Santa filled it!
Xx Lea

Anonymous said...

oh i do hope you get a decent lot of rain soon our water tanks are only 1/2 full we could also do with a top up.Love the santa bag,a good size for lots of goodies.xx

Salley said...

This proves you shouldn't name kids Sebastian or Christopher or Frederick! Glad to know you still have head above water... so to speak.

De said...

Love the Santa Sack! Lucky James - look at how many goodies that would fit in it! I would share some of this rain if I could. Here's hoping it reaches you soon!

AnitaS said...

Strange weather. Some places to much rain and you get to little. I love the bag.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

We had two nights of storms...a bit of rain...love that bag Chooky...xx

Diane-crewe said...

hope you get some relief soon x wish I could you send you some of our snow ... by the time it gets to you it would be rain xx

Susan said...

We haven't been deluged yet - but I am sure we will be and Brisbane would happily share!! Great Santa sack - looks planned to me!

Lorraine said...

After a hot week we are enjoying some cooler days.....hope you get some relief soon..and some rain.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I like the big letters Chooky!!! Hope you get some of that rain...I wonder if some will make it down this way? We have predicted rough surf on Sunday.

Marilyn said...

At least no one else could claim James' bag could they. Any longer name and it could have been a problem. Lovely bag though. Would love to send rain, and hope that it moves on through your area.

Chocolate Cat said...

Fingers crossed yo get some of the qld rain. Ha that is something I would do!

Wendy said...

Hopefully you will get some rain soon. I like the big letters and they do fit!:)

Fiona said...

decent showers of rain are sidelining us too... I have a James and he would love a sack that size... and his ego would love the big writing too!!
Hugz

Sue SA said...

Yikes and I thought Adelaide had it hot, so I hope you get some respite from the heat soon. Hard to wish you rain when it has all been torrential. Lets just pray for weather suitable for sewing in the chook shed!

Jude said...

Thats one BIG bag, wish mine was that big, more pressies could go in it.