Friday 5 April 2013

enjoying the weather..........

The weather for the last week has been beautiful.........well if it can't rain at least it has cooled down..............the last week has been a max of 27deg C...........have to go back to October last year for weather like this..........so much nicer then the 30+ temps......need more rain though......nights between 10-14degC.......
&&&&
The final post about Girls Day in the Country......already booked in for 2014 with Lynette Anderson.........if you are thinking of going it's pretty much booked out you need to contact Kerry ASAP to get on the waiting list..........the 2 main shopping items...........
Some Riley Blake goodness............
The thing to remember with Riley Blake is the layer cakes/charm packs don't have 42 pieces like the Moda ones do..........you need to check what you are choosing.....most have 18 or 24 I think.........
The Sweetest Thing by Zoe Pearn.............

Then I got a pair of scissors that are designed for snipping shaggy quilts.......Mr Chooky has snipped the last couple and I have another one coming up so he can snip that one too.........with HIS NEW SCIZZORS........
Birch Rag Quilt Scissors
And a random picture of my canisters in the chookshed.............don't think I have shown you.......
Still stuff to catch up emails/blogs etc......i'm in a bit of a switched off mode......things are/have been busy......
And struggling with the end of daylight savings..........I am so sick of fighting with kids to get them out of bed of a morning in the dark.............and struggling to get out myself...........
Oh next week is going to be SOOOOO nice..........6pm sunset......heaven...........
I love autumn......especially when it feels like it...........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

21 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for swapping with me, I'm glad you like your fabric so much. I will be a happy little early riser on Sunday too.

AnitaS said...

I am glad the weather is better for you. Here it is far to cold and I want spring with nice weather.

Vicki said...

Must admit I am looking forward to it being lighter in the mornings for at least a little while - hate getting up in the dark! XX

Susan said...

I'm with you on the weather - even getting pleasant in Brisbane - mostly - still hate that we don't have daylight saving - but it does go on a bit too long. Love the canisters.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Glad to hear your temps have dropped..ours too....am really enjoying the coolness! Your canisters are sooooo cute Chooky....I love them!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

We can't wait for it to warm up in the UK,it's been a very long very very cold winter,and no let up yet.
Mind you my daughter lives in Australia,and tells me how very hot you have all had it.
Hope you get some rain soon Chooky.
X

Annie said...

Autumn is my favourite season...I'm pleased with the cooler weather too, and excited about all the changing colour in the trees. I'm loving holidays and catching up on some of the fun stuff.

Pine Valley Quilts said...

Autumn is my favourite time of the year, getting cooler here in NZ too. love your canisters, I am a chook fan too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love those canisters....so pleased DS is finishing as well....nearly going to work in the dark...x

wish2stitch said...

How kind of to think of Mr Chooky when you purchased some new scissors for him. Now he can continue to be involved in something you love!!Oh, nice fabric too.

jfoster8 said...

Love the canisters and the twister quilt.

Anonymous said...

IT'S OVER!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!!! When I woke up this morning the sun was just rising!! BLISS!!

Sue SA said...

Love your chook canisters, very cute! Enjoying the autumn weather here too, not so sure about daylight savings ending though, I like a evening walk v a morning walk!
Thanks about the tip re other company pre cuts...I am new to pre cuts but very hooked!

Googy Girl said...

ohhh what yummy fabrics have you in store for your fabric....
Love Mr Chooky's new scissors....

enjoy your cooler weather

DAWNIE said...

dropped temperatures mean perfect stitching weather - bring it on!!!

EclectChic said...

I'm loving the cooler weather too... Though bring on the rain...And was thrilled to discover daylight savings is done and dusted this morning... No more getting kids to sleep at night in bright daylight!

Jenny said...

Thank goodness for NO daylight savings. You should come to QLD......LOL.....Hey Mr Chooky might do a better job than with his other shears......LOL.Get rested Chooky....

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Thank you for sharing Chook. I'm glad for the time change also, I dont enjoy walking early in the morning in the dark! LOL
We are into our rainy season now, but I dont mind that....it keeps me in the house sewing...shucks eh?!

Quilt Kitty said...

I love your canisters & lucky hubby getting some new scissors, bet he can't wait to use them! xx

Aussie Nanna said...

Ooooh....love your canisters and I love Autumn too....my favourite time of year :) Good ridance to daylight saving!

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

I have a pair of those scissors they are great...