Thursday 12 June 2014

bits and pieces......

a cold weekend is forecast after some rain tomorrow so I might just escape to the Chookshed and sew some more............it's been so nice to have extra time out there.............mind you sometimes I just go and sit out there and have a cuppa........it's a nice bright space and I just enjoy being out there..............
.
&&&
&&
Thanks for signing the petition for the pancreatic cancer drug...........if you missed doing it it's not to late and we could still spread the word...........they are close to 25,000 signatures so lets get them over the line.......it could be someone you love it helps next.............
&&&
&&
The comment word verification thingy...............some of you don't even realise you have it but you don't like it so maybe check your own blog and change the settings..............here the link for my post............
&&&
&&
Feedly is down this morning as someone is trying to get money out of them and blocking the service............scumbags............
&&&
&& 
Anyone interested in a retreat in Bathurst 21-23rd Nov...........email me if your keen.......

Anne Ida Quiltoholic has started a paper pieced quilt called Floral lanterns..............I started mine a few years ago.......she started hers and in 6 days had nearly caught up to me...............but it has prompted me to pull mine out to see where I am up to.............and I even joined a couple more blocks......will try and take some pics to show you where I am up to.........not sure I have blogged it at all previously..............
.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

14 comments:

Fiona said...

I see aus is supposed to be in for a big chill this weekend..... I wondered what was up with feedly ....
Hugz

Susan said...

Those lanterns could keep you busy for a while...enjoy your Chookshed!
I liked Anne Ida's countdown method!!

Julia said...

It's cold here too Chooky.
Love the lanterns.....be great to take out sewing, be a nice change from hexies.
Julia ♥

Maria said...

Yes is cold here sew nice to sit and stitch.. Wish I could join you for the Bathurst Retreat but it's a bit far.
Enjoy the Chookshed.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky i am posting about the i am not a robot on tomorrow's post.Your chookshed sounds like a wonderful place to be,have fun with your lantern quilt,cant wait to see it,hope you have a lovely day my friend.xx

Deb said...

You Chooky the nicest thing I can read on your blog these days is that you are forecast rain. So wonderful.
It must definitely be lovely to be able to have "you" time in your chookshed. :)

Nemo said...

I'd love to see a picture of your lanters. I've seek Anne Ida's in person (well, the pieces and the first lantern anyway), and they are so pretty.

Lorraine said...

Always nice to spend some time in the sewing room - or in your case the Chookshed....I am a big fan of winter - so far it's been very mild here - looking for some more rain soon!

Noela said...

A bit colder here the last few days. It's great having a sewing room. I can lose myself in there for hours. hugs......

Salley said...

Quiltoholic's Floral Lanterns looks a beauty . . . cant wait to see yours.
Hope it pours with rain and you cant get out of that Chookshed all weekend!

Anne Ida said...

Keep warm in that chilly aussie winter, and enjoy your time in the Chookshed, hope you get heaps of sewing done! Can't wait to see your Floral Lanterns ;-)

Simone Harding said...

Hope it rains lots. Then I can stay home and not have to go to Parkes.
Already signed up for the retreat and am looking forward to it.

Melody said...

Thanks for all that info. Very valuable indeed. Hope you have a great weekend.

Michelle said...

Hmm nov 19 the is our 21st wedding anniversary do you think he'd mind??? Mmmm very tempting.