Monday 23 June 2014

shearing finally..............

yes shearing is VERY late this year.............one delay after another but it will be "cut out" this afternoon...........
I helped with some mustering on Thursday...........
thankfully no rain in those clouds..............(it's the only time you will hear me ask for no rain)
getting them up to the woolshed...........
letting a mob out.............not the clearest pic it was pretty dark I am surprised it was this light.......they look naked being so white and skinny..............
A quick unexpected trip away meant I missed working Friday.........yesterday afternoon I was helping do the final "check everywhere again" muster - make sure we haven't missed any.........
today I went down for a couple of messages etc scones for morning tea and got stuck there counting out, penning up and working on the wool table...............I HATE SKIRTING FLEECES ON THE WOOL TABLE.........I hate working in the woolshed but I especially hate the wool table.........so I don't have any more photos as I was too busy...........but shearing is done...........well it will be finished in the next 30 mins yippee.........Mr Chooky will have some wool to press up tomorrow and it will all be ready for the truck to take to the wool sales............
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.......

18 comments:

Jan said...

Oh wow, Chooky, wish I was there. Many years ago I worked for a while in shearing sheds in Otago NZ - loved it. I even fleetingly considered studying to be a woolclasser... Hope all goes well and the rain keeps off, pouring and very cold here.

jude's page said...

well thats a good job out of the way for another year, hope you get some rain now, its wet, windy and very cold in SA at the moment

Melody said...

Sounds like a very big job.

Anonymous said...

going to be a bit chilly for them the next few days baaa :(

Jacqueline Morris said...

Only ever seen this on tv! Ha ha that is what living in England does!! Wow so many sheep!! So many naked sheep! Great photo's.
Smiles :)

Googy Girl said...

After that job done, you deserve time out in the chookshed....

Susan said...

Poor little naked sheep - and just as its getting cold too - can't you make them each a little quilted coat???
LOL- no reply to that rubbish expected.
I hope you get some good $$ for the wool.

Jewells said...

A job well done and finished for another season!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Busy girl....

Maria said...

A big job finished.. Poor skinny sheep look very cold now...

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Job well done. Glad all went well, no rain.

Anonymous said...

It's always so busy on the farm,good to see you are keeping out of mischief,lol,hope you have an awesome week my friend.xx

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Just think of all the wool dryer balls you can make as gifts!!!!
D.G. L

Solstitches said...

As a new spinner and proud owner of a spinning wheel I am fascinated by sheep shearing and fleece.
Would love to be in the shed inhaling all the sheepie smells :)
Margaret

Lurline said...

Happy for you! xx

Rebecca in AK said...

Such a lot of work! I am sure you are glad it is over for another year! I hope you get a good price for your wool!!

Janice said...

A good job to tick off the list.

Thimbleanna said...

SHEEPIES!!!! And naked sheepies at that LOL!!!