Thursday 31 July 2014

Quilts Show part 3.............

I have some pics to share from the quilt show..........
I have more that are just amazing but the "rules" quilts shows seem to have now days I don't know who the people are so can't ask for permission to share............but I have contacted a few I knew and here are some of the quilts.........and a few snippets..........
you can see the prize winners here..............
The photo above is about 1 1/2 inchs square....TINY......hand embroidered then domestic machine quilted............the amount of work in the space is amazing..............it would drive me nuts to do this.............the whole quilt is amazing..........it did win first prize in it's section.............
love this design............."Ikat Diamonds" by Kathy Doughty
"Data Garden" by Belinda Betts
Awarded Excellence in Long Arm Quilting and also Judges Commendation................
the quilting is amazing..............
Closer detail..............
Belinda said both the quilt above and below are her original designs and the quilting is freehand with the use of rulers and templates.........no computerised stitching................
Garden Tiles also by Belinda Betts
Inspired by the centre panel which was a gift.............
I love the detail in it..............

snippets.................
When I saw this one I think made from saris I thought Susan @ Susan's Sewing Space, Helen @ Helbels World of Craft and Maureen (no blog) would love to see it...........
You can see the whole quilt here.................
This is a group quilt by Springwood Community Quilt Show........just gorgeous...........they won 3rd place in the group section.........this quilt is a Chris Jurd design.............
"Fiesta" by Chris Jurd...............would love to make this one.............
Onto something more modern..............
Metro Medallion by blogger Leanne Harvey @Mount Vincent Quilts...........I think this reminds me of my EPP project a bit with the shape of the light and dark sections...................
4th place in modern - new traditions from old favourites (open)
Another one by Leanne...."Spinner".....inspired by origami............made from 64 different blocks........
&&&
See a little bit of everything............so much inspiration seeing all the quilts...............I could have spent more time wandering around thru them...........just stunning............

Congrats to Janet @ Quiltsalott who won Best Hand Quilting, Retaining the Tradition and Best of Show.........her quilt was amazing..........sadly I didn't get any pics as I was too busy photo bombing while Sue Anne was trying to take a photo......then we were discussing the detail in the quilt and I forgot to take my photo..............

So that's it for the quilt show 2014...........maybe i'll get back in a few years...............if I lived close I would go every year...............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

9 comments:

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great quilts Chooky! Next time you go let me know and maybe we could catch up! That would be awesome....enjoy the weekend!

Susie said...

Thanks for showing and sharing Chooky. Its lovely you highlight these designs and intricate work. I'm a huge fan of hand quilting and that is something I always look out for at these shows. Some of the work just astounds me.

Julia said...

They sure are great quilts Chooky,
There were so many, I don't remember seeing these. I can always pick out a Chris Jurd design...all so beautiful.
Julia

Lynn said...

Beautiful quilts, thanks so much for sharing.

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Preciosos trabajos!!!!!

Janice said...

Such clever people. So nice to get to see their work up close.

Cheryll said...

Great pics. Thanks for sharing! :)

Anita said...

Wonderful quilts! There are some very talented people out there!

Rebecca in AK said...

Fabulous quilts!! Thank you so much for sharing your photos. I don' t think I would have the patience to do such detailed quilting. These quilters are extremely talented!