Thursday 23 October 2014

feeling hot hot hot..............

So October is the middle of spring isn't well - I think someone needs to tell October that.............
It's going to more like the middle of summer for us................
they say we're in a heatwave...........I think that's 5 or more of days X(5?) degrees above the average temp of the time......... 
So today got to about 34 deg cel..............the next 4 are forecast as 38 deg C but they had some 40's and changed them back.............our average temp for this month is 27.4..........this month our avg is already 28.3...........I hope this is not a sign of a very hot summer but who knows............
I know heat like this knocks us, gardens, animals everything around more now then the middle of summer when we are used to it a bit more.......but 38 is no fun anytime except when your on a run of 40 plus when 38 is a cool change........lol........
it's still 33deg now at 6.30pm...........
Maybe it will stir up the weather and bring us some rain.......
&&&&&
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments on the bags Fairy Girl and I have made..............bags are a good project to see quick results............
&&&&
OK best go find something for dinner..........
any suggestions for quick and easy...........

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

16 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Heat must be coming our way...had it pretty easy so far....28...

Jenny said...

I hate summer 40 , dust and flies .

Robyn of Oz said...

Hi Chooky
I'm in Ballarat and we have had some interesting weather. Winter really doesn't end until early October. Apparently it was 7 degrees last Tuesday! We weren't home, but in Cairns where it was a balmy 28 with a lovely breeze off the Coral Sea!
My mum is in Mildura and it has been pretty darn warm there as well.
Like you, I do hope it doesn't presage another summer of draught and fire.
Take care out there!

Cherry Pie Designs said...

Wow glad we picked last weekend, I would have been a basket case! Hope it cools down soon for you.

Caroline said...

Hi there, we are having autumn, rain, wind and cold. It feels strange that your are celebrating X-mas with sunshine and warm temperatures in summer ; ). Caro from the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Wow chooky such hot weather and down our way I hear that they had snow,how bizarre.xx

Grethe said...

And in Norway some are preparing the ski areas as the snow has arrived. Not here in Oslo though as the raining is pouring down! Hope your Spring will turn out better :-)

kraftier said...

here in Portugal we still going to the beach temperatures about 30º celsius ,some days we have heavy rain but still warm weather .
by this times ( fall) it should be rainy and chill , I guess st Peter is playing with us all
or Portugal will have a tropical climate....i dont like the hot temperatures of summer....i hate melting....

Susan said...

Sim going into hiding.....wake me up in autumn please.

Susan said...

I'm with Susan - time to move to the northern hemisphere...or hibernate...
Brisbane has had high 20s, fortunately not over 30 ...yet...but its coming
Quick & easy? -sounds like cold meat & salad days to me

Susie said...

It's warm here too. I'm with you in the dinner issue. - what is nice and easy in the heat. Salads are great but you need something else. Beef or chicken snitzel? Btw did you know you have word verification back on?

Susie said...

back on again chooky - even though I have just logged in to google. weird. I'm now on PC but wouldn't think that would make a difference.

Lorraine said...

Yep, hibernation sounds good to me! We have had a very hot October as well with temps in the mid-high 30's...way too hot way too early! It has been changeable up to now though with one morning last week being the coldest October morning on record at -1C..very cold on my morning walk...fast forward to this week and I have been walking in temps of 20C! what a difference a week makes (btw I much prefer the cold temps!)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Sounds hot there already Chooky! Quick and easy dinner....

Pasta
Can of chopped tomatoes
Add some meat.....chicken breast already cooked
Or some prawns...I think frozen would work.


You can fry up some onion/garlic then add the tomatoes, cook for a little while, add meat. I add some coriander if using prawns and it's ready.
Pour over the pasta
Quick and easy

Noémia said...

In Portugal is Fall and we have also all this week with 30ºC and it's not normal to this time of the year!

Cardygirl said...

Hope it is a bit cooler tonight there x