Saturday 29 November 2014

100 plus aggies.............

Not the best pics as it was late in the afternoon but this week in between everything else i have managed to plant about 100 agapanthus maybe more.......thankfully I was given some.......2 sizes.......lots of medium size and the standard large ones...........here are pics of a few spots I planted them
This poor bed has at times been edged with white roses which I have lost several times with droughts and the bed has been in disrepair for quite some time.............I decided I could plant heaps in here............while I have loved the roses I don't think I could take losing them all AGAIN.........there is one sad rose left..........
\
edged this garden bed too..........
sorry for the blurry pic.........
Many years ago there was a fund raiser in town and they got a truck load of aggies from the mountains.............they came by the tonne...........I got a tonne.......mostly aggies not much dirt there was hundreds and hundreds............this drought I have lost quite a few.........i used to have them all around this tree but slowly they have died...........I am trying again as they really are pretty tuff and worth replanting............hopefully they will settle in before we get too much HEAT again...........
I LOVE aggies......I have them everywhere....
once when sorting and dividing I potted up 2 aggies/big pot and sold them $10/pot....(at the time $15/pot with 1 aggie at the nursery).......we made about $600 just on the aggies for school..........so you can only imagine what these would have cost me to buy these.......actually I would never buy aggies as you can always find someone who wants to split some up and can get a few here an there............
dinner last night...spaghetti bol.........my delicious recipe here.......
preparing some Bathurst posts...........so look out......
Catch you later
Chookyblue

8 comments:

Raewyn said...

I quite like the aggies too, they fill spots in the garden and just get on and do their own thing - at times a little too well, ours self seed quite readily. I hope your predicted cooler week is a long one!

Susan said...

I love them too - I think its the "sort of purple" colour!! LOL
Fingers crossed for a healthy life for them

Show and Tell said...

You can't go wrong with aggies....I love them too and they are tuff so I hope they do well for you xx

Rebecca in AK said...

I look forward to seeing your aggies bloom!

Marcelle said...

Aggies are the best and plumbago also.I can't kill either of them. Hope you have a cooler week. Gardening is very good for taking your mind off things and often go out to hang out the washing and find myself still wandering around the yard at 4pm. Chooky if you are ever in Parkes pop into Marcelle's Patchwork Cottage and say hello. Marcelle ( also fellow farmer so can empathise with you over how cruel mother nature can be.

kiwikid said...

I so hope you have a cooler week chooky and too that the aggies settle in and thrive for you...love them too, have them in our garden here...buds are coming now.

creations.1 said...

I can kill the hardiest of drought plants!! I just plant the basics now - geraniums, lavender, gazanias, roses (these I seem to be able to grow)and aggies. With these plants I always seem to have some green and some colour somewhere in the garden. I hope you not only get the cooler weather but also some rain.

Susan said...

I love Aggies too. Reliable and very pretty when they flower. Hope they all get a good start.