Friday 1 May 2015

Catching up....

Bit of a revolving door here with visitors...........but I do love having visitors.........
Boy Wonder has friend/s coming this weekend......
Miss Sonia (and Mr Forever Always Online) has been here earlier in the week........
finally she got here........the last time she tried the car had a major break down..........
so it was very exciting to finally have her here with no car issues......
Look at this gorgeous cowl she made for me......gorgeous colour......sooooo soft......I love it....
Thanks so much Sonia........
Jewells put out a call for quilts for the flooded Dungog..........
I pulled this one out........Disapparing Nine Patch.........
Wild Rose charm pack and jelly roll...........Autumn journey border.......
looks a bit dark in this pic but it has navy borders..........
quit size 57in x 77in
bit sad I only got to hanging it up and enjoy the top finished for an hour......
It has never had a destination really...........just something I was playing with............
I started it here, more progress here......and a bit more here.........
This one will be great for a male........Jewells needs quilts for adults so I thought this would be perfect..........Fiona @ Bubz Rugz has kindly offered to quilt it and it will be a joint donation from Fiona and myself...........
I had to get the borders onto it and I had some binding and found a backing too.........
Fiona will supply the batting and quilt and bind it.........
Do you have a quilt for Jewells?
she sure could do with some more quilts.......
NJ SAL blocks got put on the back burner.........the flood quilt was more important, then add in work and meetings...........but I did get lots of prep done and my blocks are waiting to the turned under and stitched down..........
Looking for something yesterday I got all these needles together................they were stashed here and there.............OMG don't think I need to buy a needle for some time to come...........not that I really know what i use  all of them for...........

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I had needles stashed everywhere and when I put them in one spot I didn't have the ones I needed and had to buy them!! I don't think I will be needing to buy any more anytime soon lol.

Anonymous said...

Good morning Chooky,oh i love that cowl Sonia made you she is so clever.Your blocks are looking fantastic and oh boy that is a lot of needles at least you wont run short for a long time,lol,enjoy your day my friend xx

Gail said...

Lovely cowl, you'll really enjoy it with the cooler weather coming. The quilt for flood victims is lovely, someone will be so thankful for such a beautiful labor of love! I recently gathered up my needles-sheesh where do they all come from?

Lynda said...

Love your pile of needles - it's hilarious. The cowl is very pretty. The quilt you are making looks wonderful.

elliek said...

I have a pile of needles like that but always go back to the one that is as bent as you know what! Just seems to fit my fingers better. Love the cowl and quilt.

KERYN B said...

Beautiful cowl the colour is just beautiful. Quilt looks great someone will love it. If I need a needle I know where to go lol...

Jenny said...

nice for Sonia to call , bet you enjoyed yourselves.. The quilt is lovely, its pouring rain here, raining all day... ruined the show I think...

Susan In Texas said...

Love the cowl; beautiful color. I have a needle collection just like yours. I keep meaning to make a beautiful needlecase (or three) for my collection, but there's never enough time.

Happy stitching,
Susan in Texas
susanintexas.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

What a lovely, luscious looking cowl. It was a sweet gift.

Sue SA said...

I had to make a special pouch to hold all my hand needles...I was a bit oversupplied as well! I have a quilt top that can go to Jewells, I have left her a comment. Just got to quilt it...after jury duty next week, fingers crossed they don't pick me, then it will get finished quicker!

Deb R said...

What a lovely soft blue cowl, ohh Im sure you will enjoy it this winter...

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely cowl Chooky...how nice to have a visit from Sonia! Love your quilt....it is going to makes someone very happy! Lol at your needles!

Fiona said...

Great post.. the cowl is really pretty and perfect for winter coming up... I didn't realise the quilt was a charm pack and jelly roll.. they go far don't they... looking forward to playing with it.... oh my those needles.... you'll be right for a while!
Hugz

SG said...

Hi Chooky! A quick hello from Portugal! I allways enjoy yor adventures, both in home and quilting front! Sorry for my poor english!

Craft to Do said...

Love your scarf, great colour.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Lots of catch up in this post. That is such a lovely scarf. You're really flying through your sew along blocks, I love the colours youre using. It's funny how needles end up all over the place, you certainly wont run out in a hurry!

Unknown said...

Love catching up with you on your blog. Great to see that you are progressing with your SAL and that your friends arrived. We have had a lot of visitors the last month with our wedding, it's just horrible when they have to go. Perth is such a long way away from anywhere. hugs xxx

Janice said...

Busy, busy, busy. I'm sure the quilt will be greatly appreciated in Dungog. It must have been great to have Sonia visit the chookshed. So many people visiting your part of the world lately. Good luck with getting you April SAL blocks finished. I know you can do it. They are looking so nice and cheerful.

kiwikid said...

That is a beautiful cowl...nice for the cold mornings! Love the quilt for Jewell...good of Fiona to do the quilting...your blocks are looking good...you should be supplied for life with needles!!

Sonia said...

So wonderful to visit. I will stay longer next time for sure, you did get my ball rolling with SAL but sadly its still bouncing....come monday hopefully I will pick it up again at sewing.
So pleased you loved your cowl...

Oh and it looks like the sorting continued with that stash of needles being uncovered.....hmmmm I would hate to consider my stash...or even think about uncovering it.