Sunday 14 February 2016

This goes with that at Lucy's..............

For the Aussies I digress the blog title a slight twist on the old "This goes with that at Susans" advertising line.............
anyway back to Lucy.............
thought I had shared this but I hadn't so this is how I put my Lucy Boston blocks together..............
I join centre pairs and then put a green in this case and repeat for below then join those 2 sections and add the other 2 greens to make the section below.........
 I pair up the outer fabrics sometimes these have one directional prints etc and it is easier to think as I join them in pairs then as I put each one onto the block........
then it all goes together...........OMG when I first started I sewed wrong bits in or joined the wrong angles...........thank goodness I found a system.........well it works very well for me anyway..............
then  I add the units I have prepared of creams as per previous post........you don't need the little squares on all points.........
then we grab the fillers (see this post)
And this goes with that.........and Lucy starts to come together..........
Ignore the bottom left block as it is a corner and I am working that bit out............
I'll show you how I am finishing it off later..........
It needs more sewing and I am banned from Lucy at the moment.................
I moved it apart a bit so you can see the outline of each block...........
And just a bit closer..........
OK enough of Lucy..........I would not have done it today but we have free data with Telstra today so I have been getting some computer stuff out of the way.......updates etc..........I think they upped the speed because this morning mine was going SOOOOO fast for us..........not the case this arvo...........
usually we have such limited amount I am taking advantage.......
And it is hot so I am inside with the air con...............
I got one of the flowers finished and now April is done.............yep April last year........
better late then never?
Natures Journey.............

And my beautiful feathered friend Jenny @ Bird on the Border has been visiting for a few days..........the Chookshed was buzzing.............more from Jen then me but hey I got some sewing done.............made the design board above for Jenny while she was here.......
sadly she had to go home...........even if she banned me from Lucy and flogged me along with Natures Journey..................feeling heatly and reinspired with many projects and some time to do them..........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.........

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Chooky you are doing such beautiful work,you are doing well my friend xx

Sharm said...

I love your Lucy and how awesome to have Jenny down from Townsville for a visit!!

jude's page said...

Your explanation makes it look so easy. Well done. One day I will do some hand work, and I do like this quilt.

KERYN B said...

Love your Lucy Boston blocks they are looking fabulous. Great to have some company in the sewing room...especially when she gets the whip out.

Oops-Lah said...

Sewing with a friend is always inspiring and gets one going, doesn't it? I love your Nature's Journey blocks and your Lucy is coming along nicely too, and I can't believe Sussan is still doing the "this goes with that" ads as they already did them when we lived in oz more than 20 years ago)!

chook said...

oh wow I love you Lucy blocks so very beautiful

KimM said...

Beautiful! I love the fabrics and colors.
xxx

Ondrea said...

Your blocks are looking awesome girl! LOve your appliques too. Gee, you really are feeling better, thank goodness. ( I have started my 3rd LB block tonight).

Susan said...

SO good that you are better - good that you had some sewing company and that she cracked the whip!! NO MORE LUCY!!
And you did a design board - congrats on that too!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que precioso trabajo de patchwork, bss

loulee said...

I don't know where you find the patience for EPP. I get so fed up when I try, it's such a slow process. LOL Looking forward to seeing your progress on Natures Journey.

Linda said...

I❤️❤️❤️ that block...I might have to make just one for a table center.

Sue SA said...

Great progress on both projects, but would love to see you finish Natures journey!

pandchintz said...

Thanks for sharing how you put Lucy together - your blocks look great. Love the sweet appliqués.

Melody said...

Lucy is looking good

kiwikid said...

Oh dear, now I am singing that stupid jingle in my head!!!! Seems you have a great system worked out for putting the Lucy blocks together...looking good!! Your Natures Journey blocks are lovely too. Well done!

Michelle said...

This is looking beautiful!

Susie said...

Those LB blocks are just gorgeous.

Julia said...

Love your LB blocks Chooky....and yours is the prettiest setting and colours that I've seen so far.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks so much.....saving it! Where were you when I got started lol! Keep a stitchin Maria!

Narelle said...

Wow! Your Lucy is looking stunning!
Great progress with your NJ blocks too. Glad you got some benefit from the free data day ... I was lucky if my home page would open ... then go and make a cuppa while the next page would load :)

Sonia said...

Lucy is looking fabulous, love seeing how you've used some of the fabrics we traded. Can't wait to see it in real life.

Cherry Pie Designs said...

Your Lucy is looking lovely

Jenny said...


Wrong Jenny Sharmayne. Although I do know her.

Jenny said...

I wish my Lucy was as put together as yours...... Its beautiful

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Donna, your Lucy is stunning. Am loving how it is coming together. Thank you for taking time to share how to build her up.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear chooky,
your Lucy blocks are so beautiful and what a nice way to put them together. Such a gorgeous project.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Gorgeous quilt you are working on!

Deb R said...

I need to get back to sewing on the borders, all that's left to do on Natures Journey lol Love your Lucy Boston, I have the templates etc ready but being sooo strong not starting it lol

Deb said...

Looking more fabulous every post Chooky. You have encouraged me to get my "Lucy" gatherings out to look at again.

Wendy said...

Your blocks are awesome! I also use the same method to put mine together, less confusing that way! Have a great weekend.