Tuesday 21 November 2017

National Agriculture Day................

It's an important day......National Ag Day....we all rely on Agriculture to exist............
there are many different areas..............

I'm at least a 4th generation farmer...........
yes every generation back to my great grandparents.............
on one side I think I am at least 5th or is it 6th generation.........
my kids are planing to be in the agriculture industry..........
I feel like this is you my readers peering into my world through the blog........
leaving comments or just stalking...........
but this is my part of the AG world that I get to share with you............

there are the mobs.............

There are precious cows...........remember Curly Pops.........

crops..............

glorious sunsets..........

stunning surprises to be found in there paddock when working..........

new life...............
death..............

floods............

more amazing sunsets..............

lots of hard work............

droughts...............

poddies to raise in bad times get to enjoy the garden.............
random great paddock lunchs...............
stock to feed...............

and occasionally selfies..............


How about you do an Ag Post this week!!!!!

What does ag mean to you????

Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.........

10 comments:

jude's page said...

You have me thinking, will have to go back before digital photos and scan to post, lots of farm memories. Will try to meet your challenge. I do enjoy your farm posts.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I so love reading your posts and lurking around your paddocks! I have cried at your losses due to drought and cheered when the rains came. I can almost smell the sweet flowers from your gardens and the familiar aroma of the barnyard. We are lost in this world without farmers. You have my thanks for sharing your life with others!

gracie said...

I so enjoy visiting your blog and learning what the farm life is like. I admire all that operate a farm. There have been times when your posts were sad about the difficulties you endure and then the times of babies and smile. I used to have the romantic notion that farms were beautiful crops and happy critters all the time. You have taught me to appreciate the crops and livestock and hard work that allows me to have these products. Thank you, even if we are in different countries.

Sue SA said...

No new photos for me to share on my blog of our family farm but I was delighted to hear that both my boys had a wonderful time with PaPa on Melbourne Cup day (I had to work) at the farm, marking lambs. It was such fun to hear them tell stories about the dog working the sheep, the crazy lambs they had to help catch and droving the sheep back to the paddock, for miles and miles and miles (not!), all a great real life education for my two city boys!

Wendy said...

What a great peek into your life! All those beautiful animals, although I never thought about riding cattle before I saw this pic!:)

Susan said...

Done my AG post
great group of photos - look at Curly Pops now!!!

Lin said...

Great pictures - I love seeing them. xx

Maria said...

I always enjoy your farm posts and praise all farmers for their hard work... there would be not food on our tables without you all. Thank you.....

Jenny said...

Its good to see some families continuing the farming dynasties, it's such a hard unpredictable life for many but I know you love it and I love your farm posts and your persistence and tenacity as all farm girls need to have.

NoƩmia said...

I Love your post and your pictures, I admire your hard work.Lovely sunsets.