Saturday 25 November 2017

The end of Ag week..............

Why I don't want to be a farmer...........
when Mr Chooky is away everything happens...........
A quick check of the dam yesterday morning revealed this bogged sheep........
See how far that sheep got into the dam......
I drove over to the bore and the cows that buggered the water trough............
And emptied the whole tank.........I could not fix it but I could stop the water running out.........
Drove back to the house and grabbed Boy Wonder (who is out of action at the moment) I could picture myself slipping head over heals in the dam and I took him to drive me back to the house muddy...........
It was cool and wet and slimmy and I nearly fell a few times but managed to stay on my feet......I did manage to drag the sheep out........when wet they are so heavy and they get stuck into the mud too..........it is not easy at all.........
getting out of the dam was interesting..........my feet kept sliding back down.............But i made it out and got a lift home on the back of the ute.........hosed off on the lawn........
Running late for work with all these problems I was rewarded with pretty wispy skies...........even better in real life............
That's enough from me for Ag Day/week.........
Hope you enjoyed the posts and you thought about your connections to agriculture.............
Back to sewing posts soon hopefully......I have heaps to share.........
Catch you later..... 
Chookyblue......

20 comments:

jude's page said...

Yep there is a positive to every negative in life, if we look close enough, love your sky, glad you got the sheep out.

kiwikid said...

Good to see you got the sheep out even if you did get muddy. Brings home to us townies, once again, the things that have to be done on the land..and how hard you guys work. Beautiful sky.

Susan C. said...

They never mention all that mud in the brochures.......all the glamour!!!!!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad sheepie was rescued! Dirty job for you though. Glad you were rewarded with a pretty sky xx

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Glad all ended well. Lovely sky.

Pidgeon Patch said...

sheesh... what a rescuer and a fixer you are....as Michelle said good you had the lovely sky as a reward...

Lin said...

Oh well done you - glad I am not a farmer! Thank you for your posts this week. xx

Jenny said...

Oh Yuk you poor thing

gracie said...

I could never be a farmer but have the highest respect for you and all others. Job well done. Magnificent sky.

Oops-Lah said...

What an end to the Ag week! You did brilliantly and I hope your day improved from then on! xx

Janice said...

Don’t you just love it. The joys. Thank goodness you didn’t have to drive yourself back.

Sue SA said...

I had to help Dad pull a couple of sheep out of the dam last year....Dad waded out in the mud and put a rope around him, and hooked him up to the ute, but I was so scared we would pull the sheep in half! Well done you, this is a super heavy job made worse by not being steady on your feet or up to your thighs in the mud! Hope it rains soon!

CountryMum said...

Seems everything that can happen does happen when the boss is away! I know that feeling all too well.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You are such a handy gal....😜😍

pandchintz said...

Silly sheep! Glad it ended well.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Disaster always strikes when the man is away... I did an Ag post a few days ago... looking forward to seeing your sewing posts xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky yes i agree everything happens when hubbies are away,glad you got the sheep out though without hurting yourself.
How is boy wonder going,bet its hard for him not being able to do what he could before.
Hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Susan said...

thankfully the sky made up for that drama!!

Diane-crewe said...

the sky is beautiful ... but don't think I will change my cold, wet windy day for yours xx Hope you smelt better than it looked xlol!

Rose Marie said...

Goodness, you were in a bit of a pickle. You saved a sheep and that made everything feel just right. Beautiful sky!