Wednesday 26 August 2009

part 2................

ok so where were we when I had to take a break............of yes.............nearly finished Friday...............well Friday night saw us having pizzas and champagne with some city friends................great to catch up...........

before I forget here are some pics of my bag I made with Audrey and Maude..............it was so nice to just sit and sew...........

ok so Sat morning the traffic was so much better.............it was to be the BIG BIG day...........Anita and Jo Jo go there about mid morning.....we wandered around some shops together........a little later Jenny Daisy Chain arrived (amazing what happens when you send someone an email and tell them to be in Sydney..........ok well she did happen to already have a ticket for a girly weekend but she squeezed in S&C too just the catch up with Annie and me)...........there was lots of texts back and forward with Annie and Jodie of there travels............finally they arrived at lunch time and the commotion outside stitches when we met up was film worthy - just not sure who it was that was videoing us crazy ladies meeting.............(some poor ladies that had to share the bus trip with Annie and Jodie)...........lol..........

if all that catching up wasn't enough we all went to Jodie's blogging talk............she is such a hoot...........talk about laugh............I took a few pics on Jodie's camera.............go beg her to share them..........

I also got to meet some of Tutti's crafty friends..............Jade and Cass so nice to meet you both..........sorry I missed Claudine..........

must make a mention of Mrs Amitie Jenny and Mr Amitie...................more about that later with the shopping...........thanks for making me feel so welcome..............lovely people..........

Saturday night saw a big group of girls out for dinner and drinks................I dragged my non blogging city friend along too............thought she would fit in well fit in she did and we had a fab night............lots of drinks, laughs and chatting as if we hadn't done enough already............no gossip to share here you had to be there..........

but really am I just showing how old or countryish I am...........Jodie (sort of country chic) and I went to the loos and were amazed at the size of the full length mirror in the ladies...............we tried to take a pic............can you see us peeking around the corner............lol............anyway later in the night when the dance scene started happening I know why the mirrors are so big...............every darn person that walks into the toilet has to check themselves out for at least 5 minutes on there way in and out of the loos and some just went in to check themselves out in the mirror.............OMG what a hoot............

don't worry I didn't drink toooooo much ...........but I sat up talking way to late at my bloggy sleepover with Jodie and Annie(who fell sleep) and Sunday was a hard day on 5 hours sleep..........

Sunday I had the morning at Stitches unplanned but as my girl friend I was going to stay with has a little girl I thought she might like to do the canvas workshop..........H loved the workshop and this is the canvas kit I also got for Fairy Girl............

Anyway I have one more weird in a good way blog story..............I saw a lady walking down the isle and panic hit as I knew I should know her..............ok by the time she got to the front of Tutti's stand I remembered I knew her from work............she recognised my face and we started chatting............had to do the bad thing admitting I couldn't think of her name (very unusual for me) anyway she mentioned she lurked on Tutti's blog..........so I said do you know Chookyblue (not saying it was me at this stage) anyway she said yeh..........well when she found out it was me there was lots of OMGs this and that..........including - "your the one that posts all those weird farm pics" yes that was definitely me............to cut a long story short......we have met several times before............each time in very different circumstances and never realised either crafted or got the full names at the time..............Brenda you are such a city girl.........lol...........(Keryn and Mereth this is the weirdest meet up yet but she had the proof...lol..........)

I also got to help out a little with a couple of Audrey and Maude's workshop..........that was fun........thanks

Anyway it is time to finish all this bloggy goodness.............I was very sad when I had to go on Sunday.............need some help..............do you think the crafty events could continue to time with great blokes events............last year Stitches and Craft collided with the Grand Prix in Melbourne............dh got to go to the Rugby on Sat night........

now I have to start planning my next trip to stitches............got any ideas!!!!!

Take Care til next time..............
Chookyblue

23 comments:

Annie said...

Just Come . . . that's what I say

rachelmp said...

More Ballarat girls to meet you?

Tania said...

Oh my goodliness - I am exhausted for you after all that S&C frivolity! Off to have a little lie down...

Helz said...

Hey There Chookyblue... How on earth do you return to the Everyday after That Lot... Lol !!!

PS. Happy Belated B'Day Wishes !!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Lurline said...

Wow, I have lots to catch up on - I'll get there rest assured - maybe a glass or two of wine over the weekend!
Hugs - Lurline♥
PS - so pleased you had such a great time!

julieQ said...

I am glad you got to meet some blog friends! Not weird farm pictures...I love thme.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast!! I think I'll have to get myself along to one of those!

Cardygirl said...

Love hearing all the news...now for the shopping...any more?

mereth said...

Yep, that's weird. When I saw your photo on Brenda's blog I thought "That looks like Chookyblue, but how would they know each other?" And it WAS you! Amazing how things connect together....

Jenny said...

It was an excellent time had by all! That reunion was sure loud!! How much fun it is to meet blogging friends in real life! I am saving up for the next one too!Loved reading about all your adventures:)

Sue said...

Wow, how busy you've been...I'm exhausted just thinking about all your adventures

Julia said...

Wow, how busy you've been...go, go go!
lots of fun, and great to read..
Julia ♥

Cubby House Crafts said...

Sounds like loads of fun! Thanks for sharing! Lisa

Rumi said...

sounds like a blast! Now to catch up on your sleep!

Anita said...

I shall have to plan to go out with you all after the show next time!!
I reckon we should plan a big bloggy meet in Melbourne for next year - I hear they put on a good quilt show!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great posts about the show .For those of us who can't get there for real we see it on your blog , sounds like lots of fun !

Jodie said...

It was such a hoot...and that mirror was HUGE!!!

Cass said...

That mirror was big but I did try not too look at myself. Great meeting you.

Candace said...

What a great time. Lots of memories and now you can put more faces to more blogs.

Chocolate Cat said...

Sure you must be exhausted this week!!! Sounds so much fun. Count me in next year!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Well I am exhausted.....that was fun to read....sounds like you really had a fantastic time Chooky.

DAWNIE said...

What an awesome week - that would have been a real hoot meeting and chatting about chooklyblue and not admitting it was you initially. always great to meet people you speak with in person. I cant wait until the Brissy show in October to see what all the stall holders have on offer - havent been to one of these for a few years now.

Leanne said...

I'm exhausted just reading that.