Monday 6 September 2021

zoom explanation/questions answered......

 Hi All

I had a comment from a blog friend and I thought I might explain zoom..........I never have so now's the time..........its started due to xxxxx and I wished we had thought of it before..........it will stay long beyond xxxxx also.............

Just wanted to say how I plan a zoom sewing day.......it isn't planned.......there is no consistency as to the frequency.........

I can't say I will do it at a certain time as I need to be able to be online when we zoom...........Sometimes I have posted earlier in the week..........sometimes it's been Thursday or even as late as Friday morning my time............Zooms are usually on a Saturday my time....I have done one on a Sunday but that wasn't so great to back up for work on Monday........they always start early my time so as to catch the overseas girls.........they are often a sewing marathon for some of us and others pop in and out...........hanging out on zoom for so many hours is not draining like work meetings/training.......

The last one was shorter......ended up being 7 hrs but I initially had only committed to 4-6hrs as I had to juggle some other things around..........

But the 1/2 day worked well also so maybe I may do some more often.......I really hate saying goodbye to everyone.......its easier at the end of a long day as I am so tired by then I just want to go to bed before I fall sleep online............don't laugh I am not great late of a night and if not to active can nod off......my friends who have seen this will be laughing right now...............

Who can join in.......any crafty bloggers.........it's not a select group.........it's not hard to get onto zoom.....you can do it on a phone, ipad, computer.........yes the first time you do a zoom meeting might be a little daunting seeing yourself and others on the screen but you quickly get over that as we mostly have our heads down sewing unless someone is leading us off in search of a "squirrel" or enabling us to shop for some fabric or start a new quilt..........some people have started off quieter but are now more confident to add more to the conversation and ask more questions........

Yes I pay for a zoom account every month which enables us to stay on for a long time but that is what I choose to do.........its my couple of coffees a month social fun........

So I probably annoy some people sending them an email about zoom as I don't hear anything back from some but I have thought maybe I should just have an email list.........then I am only contacting those who want to be contacted.....

If you haven't commented on the blog post when I put it up do you want me to send you an email to let you know????

WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

Catch you later......Chookyblue........

34 comments:

Chris said...

I love joining in. And I love that you have calculated the different time zones for each of us overseas. We are usually close to the supper hour here in Canada when you are on so stopping to make supper or put someone to bed happens. I have also joined in in my early morning to see you falling asleep. Either way, I love it!. Sometimes a few hours notice works better than planning days head. The key is to have something ready to work on. I moved my computer the other night so you could not see the rest of the messy room and I was closer to the computer and sewing machine at the same time.

Cheryll said...

The get togethers via zoom are fantastic Chooky even though I don't always make it.
I love the fact that we can catch up so yes please keep zooming us.
If you want to start an email list put my name on it...otherwise I usually read your blog... Stay safe...xox

swooze said...

I had fun. As you can see I just leave without fanfare! Lol! What is the etiquette on that? I really am a chatty person in real life I just need to find my way.

Karen's Korner said...

Whatever works for you - email list or blog post. Sorry I was not able to come back on Saturday - the Facetime call was longer than expected then another phone came and the day just got away - as it does. Looking forward to our next "meet up" via the screen.

Rose Marie said...

Cottage season will be ending here at end of this month and then I hope to zoom into one of your meetings!

julieQ said...

I work every Saturday, but I love the idea and want to join in!

Katie said...

Yes, it would be lovely to get an email. One of these days I will join in!!

Ondrea said...

You are wonderful providing this social time for everyone when you are so busy. I completely understand why it is random. I would love to receive an email if you have time but I do not want to add any stress to your life. Thankyou so much.

ButterZ said...

I’m happy with whatever way you do it. I read your posts all the time. Love joining in even if I am in my pj’s.

Helen said...

Love reading about the zoom ladies and one day I look forward to joining in.

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
simplestitches said...

its a great way to keep in contact and also make new friends...I love joining in when I have time and enjoy seeing what everyone is up to.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Yes, definitely want to be on that list!! The Zoom times are such fun. I have a paid acct too, and we Zoom with our family every Sunday. With four of us in four different states, we actually 'see' each other more in the past year than we did in the previous 10 years put together!

Janice said...

I love being a part of the Zoom get togethers. So good to put faces to bloggers we’ve interacted with for ages and to meet new girls from such diverse locations and backgrounds, all with a common love of stitching. Email or just the blog post works for me.

Janice said...

I love being a part of the Zoom get togethers. So good to put faces to bloggers we’ve interacted with for ages and to meet new girls from such diverse locations and backgrounds, all with a common love of stitching. Email or just the blog post works for me.

Janet O. said...

I have been thrilled to participate this year. It is good to chat, stitch and laugh--and meet bloggers from around the world. I usually see the blogpost announcement, and I am fine with that, but if you decide to do it via email, put me on the list!

loulee said...

I love being a part of the zoom get togethers and if I miss out on your post, please, please do email me. It is great to see everyone and see all the lovely projects progressing as the day goes by. More frequent, shorter sessions is good too, what ever works for you.

Jeanette said...

I love to join in Zoom stitching. I do usually see your blog post but if you decide on an email list please add me. I agree with loulee more frequent shorter sessions would be good but do whatever works for you best. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

I too love being part of the zoom sessions, happy to read your blog or get an email which ever is easiest for you. Saturday session was great.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I’d love to be on your zoom email list. I don’t check blogs as often as I used and don’t want to miss out hanging with sewing ladies online. I don’t have any IRL sewing groups so this is my time to sew with other people :)
Thanks for getting us all together. It’s such fun!!

Susan said...

I'm not as diligent about blog reading as I was - but I am aiming to change that and spend less time "in that other place" but if you start a "reminder email list " please include me - in case I miss the blog post.
I totally understand its random scheduling for you - but sometimes I just can't do it...

Maria said...

I really enjoy catching up on Zoom and I read your blog , usually 😉, but I’m happy for you to add me to an email list too. 👍

Clare said...

I really enjoy Zoom meetings and an email invite is wonderful. Last time I didn`t see to go to your blog till morning and as I wasn`t well after my Covid vaccine #2,sleepy and a rash on my arm! Sorry I haven`t contacted before this.

Denice Barker said...

I love the zooms! And I am grateful that you do them. I am not great about looking at blogs every day so email reminders works great for me. Even if I can't join, I am there in spirit.

cityquilter grace said...

whatever works is fine...happy to join in when i can...keep me on the email list and i'll be there if possible!

Helen said...

Oh my goodness.... I have deleted my post....lol...
I would love to join in next time, zoom meetings are just great.....

Carole said...

I am so ever grateful that you organize zoom quilt meets. Thank you so much. HUM ... Thinking that maybe we should do a graphic/logo for our zoom meet. Will think about this. Lovely photos.

Jenny said...

Yes I would like an email please

Kleine Vingers said...

I would like to try, I have commented on another blogpost. aubphg (at) hotmail (dot) com

karenbbsnow said...

I would love an email notice for future Zoom dates. karenbbsnow@gmail.com

ShinyNewThing said...

I like the email as I don't often get round to reading blogs. The time difference table is a huge help too!

Deb said...

You can let me know anytime these are wonderful sessions and you are a great hostess thank you so much for a quilters retreat around the world!

Ma Betty said...

Hi Chookyblue
I found your zoom explanation. I'd love to join. Could you please add me to your email list.
Betty..

Jenny said...

So glad you do zoom