Saturday 4 September 2021

refueling the soul.......

The day started off pretty stunning.......
Gail @ Gail's Place wins the stayer award today....... She and Lou were on when I logged in...... And yes we only went until 1pm but later then planned but Gail stayed with us the whole time......
Was stunned when Jo @ ButterZ arrived bright and early..... Surprisingly she achieved lots at an hour she is not accustomed to.......lol
I plugged away at Blue Lanterns once again.....5 blocks needed to get joined to a big section I had prepared last zoom to fiIl in the right side......
People popped in and out.......
I think maybe 18 different bloggers....... As always a wonderful mix......
I started joining the big section in the right 3 wide by 4 long of blues...... Sewing from the bottom up you can see the break in the quilt where I am yet to sew.... Sadly I was thinking this was the end of the right side but alas I have another cream then blue row to add to the bottom corner.......
But I can see the end in sight .... Then I will lay this on the bed and see what it looks like for size before I start the edge pieces............
I've shut off all media, social, TV and radio re covid......I just can't do it at present.......
Times with these girls is great in a time of social isolation...... 
But even when it's just due to my rural isolation.......
It feels like everyone is sitting around the table in the Chookshed......
thanks girls.......
Stay Safe.......
Catch you later......
Chookyblue......

14 comments:

Janice said...

Thanks for a great morning. It really is like we are all sitting around your big table in the Chookshed. Let's do it again before too long.

loulee said...

Thank you for organising us all. It was a good session, well, it always is. Your lanterns are looking great.
I'm with Janice, lets do it again soon.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thank you for hosting this fun sew day! It is always great to see quilters from all over the world.

Maria said...

thanks Chooky for another fun Zoom GTG......
Your Lanterns are looking good!.

Chris said...

Yes, thank you for hosting. I had a great time in the 3 hours I was visiting.
I had to put my 7 year old grandson to bed and ended up doing the same by 9 pm my time.

Gail said...

I always have SO MUCH FUN when the Chookshed stitchers get together! I've been struggling lately and this helps to much. That's not even mentioning the amount of work we all accomplish! The lanterns are getting close to a finish-I can't wait to see it hanging on the wall behind you! Thanks for inviting us all to the Chookshed for Stitch and Bitch as Lou says!

Janet O. said...

It was refreshing, and I know I needed that, even if I am not in lock down mode.

Carole said...

Your quilt is lovely .... so sorry I couldn't make it. It sounded a blast. I too have stayed away from the news ... all news. I just can't handle it. Besides, I'm powerless. Hope to catch the next zoom meet!

Jeanette said...

Lanterns is looking wonderful. Hugs, xx

Susan said...

I love that you started these Zoom meetings - even if it was partly because of "XXX" - hopefully next time I'll join in.

kiwikid said...

Thank you for organising another wonderful session, it is so good to see what everyone is doing and how much progress they make, the Lanterns are looking wonderful...the end is in sight!!

Ondrea said...

LOL I missed it again. I thought it was monthly and only check blogs once a week. Sorry. Your Blue Lantern quilt is beautiful.

jude's page said...

Glad you had a great time, thinking of you in isolation and hoping it won't be for too long

Carole said...

So sorry I missed it. It's so good for my soul to catch up with you gals. Thanks for organizing these and for sending email reminders. Much appreciated.