Tuesday 10 May 2022

citrus punch......

Still catching up on blog posts...........
its a good problem having all the quilts finished..........
5/9 in this crazy binding blitz.........currently working on the 8th one.......
Its always fun/challenging searching back thru my blog to find stuff about these old projects I am working on..............
I forgot I had made a quilt with these same fabrics.............
I made another quilt back in 2011 that I called Citrus Squares........link here
shock horror I even quilted it myself and got the binding on at the same time...........
I loved the fresh colours and they have a bit of a retro feel and I called this one Citrus Punch........citrus being the lemons, limes, oranges....throw a little guava in too..........
the fabric range was Dream on by Urban Chiks...........can't find the link in Moda now but it does exist.......I think I only brought some fat 1/4's as I didn't have the whole range......
I made this quilt top at Scrub Stitchin' in 2018..........see it here..........
not sure if I have anything left from it now or if this project used all the fabrics......must have a look.......
I found a lovely fine blue and white stripe for the binding..........
Its finished the edge off very pretty.......
Found the hay bales for this quilt shoot...........
it was a beautiful sunny day when I took these pics..........
Started - 2018 finished 2022
Name - Citrus Punch
Quilter - can't remember
Size - 71x77inchs
Fabric - Dream On by Urban Chiks
Keep the love of blogging alive........
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue.......

17 comments:

loulee said...

You're up to number 8!! Go you.
This is a lovely bright quilt and I love the binding, that pinstripe is perfect.

Narelle said...

Such a lovely refreshing look to this one.

Janet O. said...

Wow, look at you go, girl!
This is such a sunny, fresh looking quilt. I love the simplicity of the piecing, because the fabric is too pretty to chop into little pieces. I need to do this with a few fabrics I have. Oh, there went a squirrel!

Denice Barker said...

You are just a stitchin' machine! You go, girl!

Jo said...

This is such an amazing effort. Well done. Keep it up.

dq said...

Cute, cute little striped binding. I love how your quilt is posing on the hay rolls.

Jackie said...

You go girl. Love the binding on the quilt.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

Another gorgeous quilt. Hugs, xx

Lin said...

Love that stripe binding - sets it off beautifully. xx

cityquilter grace said...

you are a binding tornado! this one is soo pretty, delicate looking and charming...very nice...

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sunny and bright, great finish!

Rose Marie said...

A simple quilt but so lovely!

Susan said...

great colours and I do love the blue binding

Raewyn said...

Another one bites the dust - well done! Another gorgeous finish. The beautiful sunshine-y day was perfect for showing off your quilt!

ufa88asia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maria said...

Lovely bright quilt and the binding looks great.
Fab photo on the hay bales….

kiwikid said...

Woohoo you sure are on a roll! The binding is great.