Monday 23 May 2022

catch up

I have nothing much quilty to show just to talk about...........
CHURN DASH SAL
There are 25 of us to support and encourage each other along in the SAL...........
seems a few were teetering on the edge and a kind nudge pushed them over........sometimes this has a domino effect hey Susan @ Susan's Sewing Space
there could be one or two still thinking.........
I originally found the fabric on the right for my next possible background........I was worrying that it was too dark....but then I sat the one I used on it............lol.......not much darker surprisingly............in my reorganising of the Chookshed I found the one on the left...........both have enough yardage for the background.............the one in the left could be winning at present............
back to the SAL............
If we can get our fabrics and have the first lot done by the end of June that would be wonderful............
some have ordered some fabric awaiting delivery...........others just a little busy to start right now but can very soon..........hence the end of June for the first lot.............
check and see if your name is on the sidebar of my blog top right.........also that your link works..........
once you have done that you can check out some of the other girls.......some have done a post already..........
This week ended with another social gathering............I got a sudden text from Helen who was passing thru my part of the world...(one of the Scrub Stitchin' girls)......so we had lunch and spent the afternoon together............
that was a lovely surprise outing........
arriving home this was the west..........red glow from sunset.........and the stars shining strong..........
my phone is amazing.........
On the sewing front nothing has happened as I have been reorganising stuff in the chookshed...........it looked like a bomb had exploded for a few days....you know when a bit of this ends up here and there and its not together with its buddies........like fabrics are more together now.......it was long due and i'm waning on the last so some stuff may just get shoved into a box to get rid of them (sort later) and clear the deck so I can sew again.............but things are so much better.........
It is a little overwhelming what I have and what I found to finish.........BUT........i've plenty of options......and reinspired on some stuff I found......just need another 100hrs in my week and I might start to make headway...........
Keep the love of blogging alive...........
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue........

19 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

I took time this afternoon to do some figuring. I know how many churndash blocks I need, this is doable! Thanks for giving me the motivation. Happy stitching!

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I look forward to seeing all of the churn dash quilts come together. I've made a few churn dash quilts in the past so wasn't going to join the SAL... but so tempted to join in some capacity. Maybe mini dash blocks for a table runner... Oh man!

Jackie said...

Can hardly wait to see all the different quilts. You all have fun.

It seems like I am always straightening my sewing/craft room. Got to be done once again as I made some cushions for the wicker rocker. I am a messy sewist.

God bless.

loulee said...

Sometimes a good sort out is exactly what is needed.
Remind me, we're to make eight blocks by the end of June?

Jeanette said...

I changed my mind about the background i had pulled out. I found a piece i forgot i had stuck at the bottom of the repro fabric cupboard. Goes much better with the fabrics i'm using in the churn dash. Hugs.

Rose Marie said...

I will be so glad to pull out my repro fabrics ….. fun times ahead!

Maria said...

Both backgrounds look great.. can’t wait to see my fabrics when arrive.
Fantastic photos , what Model is the new phone?
Busy times on the farm.

Helen said...

I have background now to organise the coloured bits, will hopefully get started very soon....yes my blog link works thanks Chooky.....

Janet O. said...

Oh, my goodness, I love your photos of the sky!! Those clouds are incredible. And I don't think my sunsets are ever that beautiful color in your last photo. Wow!
Almost forgot--my link works.

Fiona said...

haha... I know the feeling about overwhelming projects, cleaning space and wanting extra hours in the week.... but it keeps us happy and we make such good friends. I will enjoy watching you all make your churndashes...

Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

yeah 100 hours per week to sew is about right...LOL...my goal for my churn dash pattern is to have all 29 little blocks done...modest but leaves room to tackle some of the bigger ones if there's time

Christine B said...

Beautiful photographs of the sky! Have fun with your SAL! Christine xx

Annelein said...

It's that part to get started that shows me down. Good of you to first sort out your fabrics and stuff.

Annelein said...

It's that part to get started that shows me down. Good of you to first sort out your fabrics and stuff.

Carole said...

Lovely sky ... although I life in a small town, not as stars to see at night. The glow for the border lights are overwhelming not to mention my neighbour who always has his back porch light on. Who knows why ... I'm about ready to unscrew it! lol Organizing a stash can be overwhelming .. ask me how I know. I have so much stuff .. Oh well, it is what it is. Looking forward to the Sew A Long. Cheers!

Ma Betty said...

Hi Chookyblue
I have been pointed to your blog by Hanne and she says you have a Zoom group. How can I link to that?
Betty @ Rainbow Connection Quilters

kiwikid said...

Well I have tipped over the edge and will be joining, just need to get some background fabric.

Susan said...

Yep - dominoes & nudges

I've made some progress.... thankfully its end of June for a deadline - not end of May!!!

Kris said...

Hi! I am a friend of Janet O in Utah and I have a blog. I was wondering if I might still join you in your Churndash SAL? Love your Blog!! Kris akyoung499@gmail.com