Friday 20 May 2022

an adventure

well I got my little car out............slowly............there are some deep tracks thankfully I avoided those.........they will just be pools next rain.....which could be next week.........
and for those that ask yes our road is supposed to get graded..........
but it is rare and they are beyond a maintenance grade now and need some new top soil that is better also.............can't see that happening.............
BUT back to the story as I was getting ready to go Lianne @ Lianne Makes Stuff commented on a couple of posts............
the bell rung in my head.............wonder if she wants to meet at the new patchwork shop.........YES GIRLS you read that right..........NEW PATCHWORK SHOP...........The Crafters Cottage
normally this would be an hour away from me but I cannot go out that road with the road conditions..........and a creek in the way so I had to go the long way..........which would be twice the distance......couple hours nearly........but hey what's a girl to do......she's been stuck at home for a week and its a NEW patchwork shop.........Lianne says yes...........so its a play date all set..........
(it's roughly 1/2 way between us........)
so exciting.......its going to be a lovely shop..........she's getting fabrics in all the time...........and i like what she has so far...........threads and plenty of other bits and pieces that you need also..........plus some shashiko so I got one and sent off to my niece.........I must finish the ones I have before I buy another one.........
lovely wide backs which I rarely see (missed taking a pic of those) 
 I got one for my drunkards path quilt......
this is where I was supposed to go for a workshop last week when it rained and i couldn't go......
so nice to go and have time to check out the shop...........
for the wool lovers she also has a lovely wool corner............
Just to the left of the wool corner is the walk way to the classroom...............
the shop is nice and bright too........
After we did damage at the shop we enjoyed lunch together............
Was nice to meet Lianne and she's just as lovely as she's been on zoom........
maybe we can meet up again another day.........
&&&&&
CHURN DASH SAL UPDATE
Lianne's joining the Churn Dash SAL and she brought some lovely fabrics for her quilt......so that was fun........I got a small piece of fabric that could be a possible sashing.......
now until end of June will be choosing your fabrics and making the first lot of blocks........
I have started a list of names on the sidebar........it will turn into a linked list once I get time to organise it........there are still names to add to it but I have been busy.........theres at least 10-12 of us I think so far......I have some emails to reply to also..........

Keeping the love of blogging alive..........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue........


27 comments:

Karen's Korner said...

Two happy gals in that piccie. That road looks very daunting. I am going to cheer you all on from the side with your churn dash SAL.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

That looks like a lovely store and how cool that they have a wool corner too. I'm glad that you and Lianne got to meet up :)

ButterZ said...

Oh my… what a road. Lovely shop too and your sal is growing fast

Janet O. said...

I am so thrilled for you that you got out and were able to get to the new shop, in spite of the bad roads. Those roads do look pretty intimidating! And to be able to meet a friend at the shop--a bonus! Looks like a great shop. Well worth the effort to get there.
Very excited to get going on the churn dash SAL. I'm trying to get a headstart, because I know for certain I will have summer days ahead with NO sewing. Last night I pulled out my 3 1/2" square die, my 3 1/2" hit triangle die, and my 2"x3 1/2" rectangle die--as of this afternoon I have cut out all the pieces for over half of my blocks (I'm making mine a little bigger).

Fiona said...

lovely to hear of new shops opening ..... looks like a good FART (Fabric Aquisition Road Trip)
Hugz

Jeanette said...

The shop looks lovely. Nice that you & Lianne could meet up. My driveway is starting to look like your road. :(. Hugs, xx

Clare said...

A rough road but looks like a wonderful time spent at that new Patchwork shop. I`m needing a little more fabric for my background ,so some shopping at my local next week. Blessings.

loulee said...

Looks like a fantastic place to visit on your first excursion out after the rain. That road does look awful.
Time to cut and sew Churn dashes.

Maria said...

Lovely to be able to get out to join Lianne for your outing to the beautiful new craft store and enjoy lunch….
Looking forward to joining in for the SAL . Fabrics SHOULD be here in 10 days….🤞

swooze said...

Do we purchase a pattern or are you providing all the info.

julieQ said...

A patchwork adventure! So much fun! I have my churn dash blocks cut out and I am ready to go.

Jackie said...

What a lovely shop!!

God bless.

kiwikid said...

Your road looks very rough there Chooky, but so good you could go meet Liane and check out the new shop. so many ladies are doing the churn dash - do we use our own pattern or are they to be the same? I am teetering - ah why do I do this!!

Lin said...

Looks like a lovely new shop and on your doorstep - sort of! xx

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! Nothing like a little retail therapy with friends to give the heart a lift!

Deb said...

Well why not a,e it an adventure fore sure! Happy to see that quilters are still trying to make brick and mortar shops! I remember seeing roads like that living on the lake it was no picnic even walking on them! Glad you got out and about I hope to get out and about next Friday to my first quilt show in almost 3 years!

cityquilter grace said...

cute shop so bright and roomy too...

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Always fun to see a new shop, and hope she does well! Enjoy those wide backs!

ellen said...

So pleased that you and Lianne were able to get safely to the new shop and enjoyed yourselves. Keeping fingers crossed that the shop thrives.
Have started to seperate the fabrics from the cardboard (fabric coupons) for the churn dash sal. I love the feeling of working on an international joint project - thanks Chooky for organising it!

Carole said...

What a lovely shop. It's nice to see one opening up. I haven't been in a quilt shop in quite some time ... well since Covid ... You made me chuckle when you said "you're little car" ... I'm trying to imagine how small it is. lol

Narelle said...

Looks like a very lovely shop, lucky you 😀
I'm going to attack my stash for the SAL ... was supposed to go card making today but can't get out with this rain.

Susan said...

So happy for you that you have a shop…..kind of nearby…..
Seems I’m in a SAL….not saying who encouraged, enabled me but suffice to say I have been led astray!
I’ve got the background….will sort stuff from my stash and worry about sashing further along.
So….add me to the side bar!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I'm envious of your wonderful shop! Several have closed here which is disappointing. Love all your projects and your enthusiasm which comes through in your posts. Happy Stitching from me!

Ondrea said...

Woohooo! It is so wonderful to see a new shop open as many have closed. I hope she does very well and maybe I will be able to shop from her via the internet oneday. Glad you perservered to get there. I still don't know much about your churn dash along, must have missed you talking about it on zoom.

dutchcomfort said...

That looks like an awesome store! There's nothing more fun than going out with a friend an buy fabrics!

Annette said...

Country roads are forgotten roads by authorities! You didn’t mention the name of the new shop, I’m sure they’d love some “word of mouth” advertising. Looking forward to Churn Dash sew-a-long 🪡🧵

dq said...

It is so exciting to get a new quilt shop!!! Have fun with that!!