Sunday 31 May 2020

Chookshed Party Plans........

Well friends it has been a quiet and sad weekend. I've tried to do things to distract myself with other things since the Chookshed 8th Birthday party can't happen as usual this year. 
(2018)
My friend Kate who had been here for all but the first sent me some messages yesterday.........shes also missing the fun. 
So as i'm on town work holidays I hope to get things a little more organised & next weekend (which is a long weekend in my part of the world) i'm going to have a real virtual party.........I know over the years many of you have joined in at home and stitched with us where ever you were in the world..........BUT this year i'm going to try & really go virtual........
I'm going to have a zoom sewing day or two..........see how I go............got to work out the time zones... who's awake when.......but I would love you my friends here to join.......if you can't or don't want to join the video link up then you can just sew along as usual & do a post & let me know........but I did a zoom meeting all day for the Covid cancelled Scrub Stitchin' Retreat & it worked really well..........
Some of you have already indicated that you will join me.........
Feel free to use the image above.....
I've even been doing a little hand stitching lately.......I found a layer cake & if I have some background fabric to suit I have designed a quilt........
OK best go & do some more jobs this sunny Sunday.....
Stay safe.....
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue.....

16 comments:

Mia said...

Hi Chooky. I will be glad to join you, but I do not know anything about Zoom and teleconferences. So I will join you the traditional way. OK? Hugs, my friend. Please let me know when you want me to post my creation.

NADINE said...

Same for me Chooky. Don't worry about the time zone to Belgium, dear. I'll happily send you pictures of my progress, when needed. THANKS ! :)
In stitches,
NADINE

loulee said...

Sounds very exciting. And so very good to see your name popping up in my feed again. I have missed your posts. All of them, the stitchy ones, the live stock ones and even the drought posts. It's good to have you back.

Lin said...

Will definitely be sewing along with you even if I cant join in vitually. xx

Chris said...

I am looking forward to seeing you and spending time with you next weekend. I have been taking part in zoom meetings often in the past year and host a small group from my church. It is not hard. A bit of a learning curve, yes, but not hard. I think it is amazing the technology we have today to connect people from all over the world. I wonder what project I will be working on?
Blessings, Chris in Canada

Maria said...

Look forward to joining in Chooky sometime over the day....

Sue SA said...

We are taking advantage of restrictions being lifted to go visit my in laws but when I get home will definitely be taking part while sewing!

Cheryll said...

I'll be visiting my DD but will try to drop in if time allows.
Say HI... & good luck... to everyone. EnJoY all your time together... xox

Michelle Ridgway said...

Will sew along with you all.....lovely xx

Fiona said...

welcome back to blogland.... lots of plans have had to change and looks like adapting to the situation.... I'm sure it will be fun...
Hugz

Clare said...

I will join in but first will have to ask someone to help me connect to Zoom. A little reorganizing will be done this week.:) Sew looking forward to this.

Susan said...

You know I'll be joining - on and off probably - but will also spread the word!

Karen's Korner said...

I would love to join in. I have "joined" in with the party on a few previous occasions. It will be fun to "see" everyone.

Norma said...

This sounds interesting. I am looking forward to hearing more details!

Janice said...

It will be so much fun with everyone able to join in..

ButterZ said...

Oh I'd love too but I might need some help