Tuesday 31 May 2022

Housekeeping and Double Trouble............

Its all Ellen's fault @ So Sew Ellen .......I was just helping her fix a little blog thing and she said I have a questions about the Churn Dash SAL........she mentioned she was thinking of a double churn dash (what the hell is that???? search double churn dash block).......was that alright to make......yes absolutely but OMG that dam block has been in my mind the rest of the week and I even watched the video of how they made it......really it was all down hill from there........
It got the better of me on zoom sewing and I made one.......these blocks are big......they are 20 inch finished...........
What do you think????? the problem then was I was asked if this my Churn Dash I am making for the SAL...............uuuummmmmmmmmmmm woops no........
so are you making this one instead.......uuuuuummmmmmmmm no
so how many blocks you making...........uuuummmmmmmmmm not sure maybe 9 or 12 or 16????
so your making making this one and the other one............uuuuuuuummmmmmmmm woops yes......
you can see the colours much better here..........and it's a light grey background............
I cut another 7 blocks and need to cut the grey now...........

HOUSE  KEEPING
1. If I have not replied to you and you have left a comment then you are "no reply" and I cannot reply to you Mary, Kris, Annemarie, CozyQuilts, Phillis, whoever else I have missed i know there are more
2. You do need to be a blogger to take part in zoom and the Churn Dash Sew-a-long........
3. I cannot find a way for you to hit a button and follow my blog except via Feedly......
Feedly is an easy to use RSS service..........you just add in all the blogs you want to follow and it shows you the new posts by those you follow.....I am not searching out an email service and trying to add that option. I don't have time at the moment. The feature that I am sure was in blogger is no longer there...........
4. If you're not a blogger clearly you read my blog so start a blog its easy...........start blogging and make new friends......
OK that's it for me for now..........
What a freezing week it's going to be (in my part of the world).....fires burning........we did have to get more wood but didn't have to take the bikes this time..........
This photo was from last time.........baskets added to the bike racks to pile in some wood........
Winter sure is starting off with a blast.......
Keep the love of blogging alive.........
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue......
PS thanks for all the gorgeous comments on my wookshed/nine patch quilt post......I think I have got back to everyone now..........


30 comments:

Sharm said...

Congrats on the big extra churning now being done lol. Agree it's now Winter and how lol .....and I think you now get my comments but who knows since blogger is soo painful at times!! Glad you had a fab time with the zoom party xo

Fiona said...

the DD look good... could just keep going adding churns till it is big enough!! I will stick to one dash at a time.
Hugz

cityquilter grace said...

and summer is in full tilt here with temps of 95 tomorrow...love those big churn dash blocks and the others in process...

Jackie said...

Oh my doing two quilts at once, I am sure that you will get them all done quickly and perhaps with a bit of flustered feelings, but since you already have so much cut and ready.....

Summer is just starting here though you wouldn't know it really. Cold, rainy and windy.

God bless.

kiwikid said...

That double churn dash is an amazing block! Nothing like full on!! Cold week here this week too.

Jeanette said...

They are lovely. It's going to be a beautiful quilt. I had my fabrics picked out then i saw Janice's lovely selection of fabrics & i'm now rethinking my selection. Then i thought maybe make 2. :) lol Hugs,

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Loving that double dash block. Gonna be a cool quilt and big blocks will make it grow fast.

swooze said...

Love this double. I’ll email you another I found and fell in love with!

loulee said...

They are lovely blocks. No, I'm not going to join you and make two quilts. LOL

Janet O. said...

Oh, you are too funny! Two Churn Dash quilts, and one of them from double blocks. You are just looking for more quilts to bind, aren't you? LOL
I have to tell you, I remembered seeing a double Churn Dash block somewhere recently (but I don't think you talked about this block while I was on Zoom). Anyway, today it got in my head, and I made a double churn dash block--but I made mine the same size as my others for the SAL. That means that I just put a 3" churn dash block in the center square of my 9" churn dash. I was going to take a photo and show you, but you are way ahead of me. I am NOT making 2 churn dash quilts. I am just going to sprinkle a few double blocks amidst the regular blocks in my SAL quilt.

Tazzie said...

Ohhh Wow! That double churn dash block is super tempting ... decisions decisions ...
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Kris said...

Thanks for your answer to my comment. On my end it shows my email is akyoung499@gmail.com. I guess it doesn't come through on your end. Love the double churndash block!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Wow, they look like fun blocks! xx

Annelein said...

The dubbele churn dash is amazing!!!

Narelle said...

Those double Churn Dash blocks look great! I've been keeping warm and cosy in the craftavan, warm and cosy out of the wind. My 8 blocks are done :)

Lin said...

Those doubles really are brilliant. Can you add me to your churndashalong sidebar list please? It's going to be a wall hanging so going small! xx

Sandi said...

Don’t know how it happened but I have been encouraged by some very persuasive people to do the churn dash SAL - unable to start sewing until July but I can cut them out before then - oh chooky - how did this happen 😜🤔😂😂😂😂😂

Jennifer said...

It's very chilly here too, we have a fire going....love the huge churn dash, it is a fun idea!

Deb said...

Well the double churn dash is looking very tempting! These are so easy to make and yes they are like potato chips you can’t eat just one! Great fabric choices! I wish your weather was here gardening and cleaning the yard takes up Mach precious time!

Christine B said...

The double churn dash block looks a lot of fun! Enjoy making some more! Hugs Christine xx

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

I like your double churn dash, look forward to seeing how many you end up with. I follow you on Bloglovin - another blog reader service (https://www.bloglovin.com/). It is showing that you haven't claimed your blog yet, but when you do, you can put a Bloglovin button on your sidebar that will link to your blog for followers. You have 407 followers there now. I'll help walk you through it if you want to do this and need help.

julieQ said...

I love the double block...must make some of those, too!!

Janice said...

Why not start another quilt? You’ve just finished nine! This will be such a fun bright quilt. I’m looking forward to seeing it grow …….. and be quilted and bound……

Maria said...

Haha! Like Janice I agree just make another quilt with the double churn dash blocks… 👍

Diane-crewe said...

I have not seen that block before .. LOVE it x

Lianne makes stuff said...

I love the fabrics on your double dash they will look amazing, I do have a question though do you ever do anything small?

Susan said...

I almost just copied Sandi's reply.
How did I get roped into this - but not a double churn dash for me.
Its very cold here too (for BNE)

PAM said...

WOW I love those double churn dash blocks, that would be a pattern that would go together quickly and make a nice big quilt.

dq said...

Now there are too many choices for the churn dash QAL. I found a stretched one with applique' I was eyeing. I have not yet selected my fabric, but it will be coming from my stash for sure.

Linda Garcia said...

I know this comment is way after the fact. Just found out about your churn dash sew along.

But my comment is about getting email notifications for blog posts. I use "follow it" to follow my favorite blogs.
https://follow.it/enter-website
There is a section that says enter url. You enter the main url for a blog (not the url of a specific blog entry, but the main blog). Then there are a few options, on the second page I just click the continue button without making any choices, and on the third page I click individual emails. And that's it. The next time a new blog entry is posted, follow it sends me an email. Works like a charm!