Tuesday 15 November 2011

blog meet.......

I know i'm a bit slow on getting this one up but it was very late when i got home Sunday night..............and i've been chasing hoses watering etc here...............and then I fell asleep last night part way thru the post so here we are..........3 days late.......
pretty hot day yesterday, the thermometer said 36 deg.........I had the fan on all night.......very different to the super pleasant 24-25 in Bathurst on Saturday when we had our blog meet...........summer is here for sure..........
Saturday was wonderful.............meeting old/new bloggers..........it's like meeting up with best friends since you have been getting to know them for so long in some cases.............
Anita and Sandy headed west from the city.....I head in from the bush..........the others weren't quite so far - Deb, Khris, Kate (and non bloggers Alison)..................the km's we do for a blog meet............
Anni in front of her Some Kind of Wonderful book - quilt My Favourite Things.........
I seriously want to make the blue/cream quilt on the left..........it's in the book too...........
the chrismas display in the shop..........lots of gorgeous things everywhere...........
Deb and Khris being served by the gorgeous Margaret (not in photo)
thanks for the great service Margaret I know you will be reading this....you always make our visit so lovely.................
Not quiet sure what Kate was doing with my hexagon bag..........nice "hat".......NOT...lol...........

I am determined to get Anita doing a little EPP.............she is going to GDITC in March where Sue Daley is the tutor and she has to do some then.............this little hexagon flower can be a starter...........I wonder if it is finished yet............Anita????

a super delicious lunch...........the lady just locked the door and left us sitting there chatting while they did there own jobs tidying and preparing for the evening....................
Lucky Kate didn't get away with my little sewing bag from Janet......I'm thinking my little bag might need a security guard all the girls what to keep it for themselves..........no matter where I go................
Great idea Anita to meet up and so glad the date worked............we will definitely be doing this again sometime next year..........
shopping well yes I did some and some is secret............so well skip that post probably............
Chookyblue............

26 comments:

weidemama said...

Too bad, I, I was so far away that the meeting would also have been something for me!
Very dear envious Greetings from Wilma

Susan said...

Lucky girls... what a lovely day out. I'll be there next time for sure.

Wacky Woman said...

Looks like sooooo much fun. It is the best getting together with quiling buddies.

Vicki said...

Sounds and looks like you had a fabulous get together!! Great way to spend your time :)

Rebecca said...

What a lovely time you all had maybe next year I might come , as I would like to meet you all in person ;). Think the hat is cute but much better suited as a bag . Summer is truly on it's way and it's going to be a hot one hope you get some rain soon .
Hugs Bec

FIONA said...

Wish I lived closer than 7 hours away!!! You all look like you had a great time! I'm with Kate .... love the bag!!! xx

FloS said...

I wish,Oh I wish I could come next time!!!!
I'm glad to be able to put a face on Chookyblue now ! :)
Florence

Jan Maree said...

Oh what fun! Lucky girls!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lovely post Chooky...the SKofW is gorgeous...looks like a great day...when I read this I miss Bathurst...

Leanne said...

Ha ha hexagon bag hat. Looks like you had loads of fun.

Show and Tell said...

Great day out...Thanks Chooky and Anita for organising it....See you all again soon....x

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

some gals just have the bestest fun!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looks like you had a ball Chooky...great photos...

Shiralee Stitches said...

Looks like you all had fun......what a beautiful backdrop Anni's displays make....she really has 'the knack'.....love the SKofW photos too....thanks for sharing....

Cardygirl said...

Looks like soooo much fun!

Khris78 said...

Yay was a great day !!!!!

De said...

Awesome day had by all by the looks of it!

Anita said...

I had so much fun!! I miss you all already!!
And yes I sewed one more join on my flower LOL

SandyN said...

What a great day... wish we could do it again this weekend...

Sandyn

Miriam said...

Love the "best friends" stitchery!
Looks like you all had a ball!

Janice said...

I'm so disapppointed that I missed out. You all look like you are having the best fun. Here's looking forward to nex time.

nimble thimble stitchery-do said...

Wow, it looks like you all have so much fun...too bad I am on the other side of the world...are you getting together in July? I am gong to come and visit H & P in July! I am Determined to come! Even if I have to be on an airplane for 24 hours!!!
Holly

Khris said...

I am green with envy....would love to meet you all one day....I have met Anita and am sure we both agree she is a wonderful girl and friend.
Had Sandy recently in a swap and would love to meet here too....hugs Khris from Sew Prim Khris :-)

Chocolate Cat said...

Sounds like such a lovely day!

Stina Blomgren said...

A perfect day.. :O)
Saw that you have started on Annies new quilt.. good luck to you all.. eventually I´ll get to it.. have the book.. so who knows..:O)

Tatkis said...

Wonderful meeting - friends in a place that looks like castle full of treasures :)

Hugs,
Tatyana