Monday 1 April 2013

playing......


Fairy Girl has been playing today............
below is a Christmas present she got.......the simple softies book and the felts in the box......I got the darker felts above before Christmas and had hidden them so she didn't find them but pulled them out today too........
She headed off in another direction and got this idea from another book and made it with the felts instead for her kindy buddy at school.............the pink is actually the one in the box above but the colours are off below..........
I was playing with something that has been hanging on a coat hanger for too many years...............
stalled by the fact my border didn't fit it got put aside............solved the problem for the top/bottom borders to fit but the side ones don't so thinking I will put 2 more rows of checkers in to lengthen it and then I need a border.............need to go back and look what the range was.............not that I would find any of that now.........it's quite a few years old............it started off as a disappearing 9 patch.......think I had a jelly roll and 2 charm packs? Really need to back thru my blog books and find it.............who knows too if I have any more fabrics for it put away in a "safe" spot.........
Had a great easter weekend.........fairly quiet with one family of 4 here.........very easy.........
I need to take one more pic and I will show you what I did......which in-turn inspired me to get back into this quilt top..........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue
PS got the better of me and I searched my blog in the top left corner and the 2 posts I have done popped up....here and here........woops 5 years ago.........now I can look up my list of yardage as I think I may have something.............
The fabrics are Wild Rose  -Bannock and Patek for Moda

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

well done Fairy girl your friend will love this its very cute,it will be great for you to get this UFO finished chooky,lots of work in this one.xx

Susan said...

Love the felt colours, and very sweet of Fairygirl to make something for her buddy. That quilt must be vintage now surely.

Anonymous said...

Love the little felt box and what Miss G has made, very cute :)

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely work Fairy Girl. I love the things that children make, a charm that is hard to capture when we grow older.
Love the quilt, I really must finish the one that I have sitting upstairs.

Noela said...

Lovely little butterfly by Fairy Girl. I'm sure her friend will love it. Glad you found your posts so you can add more fabrics to finish your quilt. Hugs.....

Aussie Nanna said...

Love Fairy Girl's butterfly :)
It's fantastic that your blog has helped you find all the info about a quilt you started 5 years ago!! If that was me....I'd be completely lost!

Susan said...

Gosh you are an organised girl! Love Fairy Girl's project too.

Cheryll said...

Fingers crossed for a find of fabric xx. One never knows what is in the bottom of cupboards,drawers and boxes. Good luck :)

Cheryl said...

Love Fairy Girls project, and for a friend?! Even better!

Michelle said...

Well done to fairy girl on her felt project!! It is scary when you find a quilt not finished and then work out you started it five years ago! Think about all the projects you have finished in that time???
Michelle.

Cardygirl said...

FG is clever!

Fiona said...

WEll done FG... love the butterfly and what a great box of goodies....
Love the quilt - great colours... yay for blogs... they find friends and find lost fabric names!!
Hugz

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Well done Fairy Girl....Good on you for pulling out that quilt...I am still working on one which will be 13 years old this year....We had a quiet Easter here too...just the 3 of us!

Nicky said...

I love your gift for your little buddy Fairy Girl, so kind of you, and you have your Mum's great crafty skills too! Nice work on the quilt Chooky, you never know what you mind find lurking that may fit the border perfectly.... good luck....

Marilyn said...

Cute butterfly and great range of felt colours. The quilt looks good - hopefully you will find a bit of fabric tucked away so you can finish that border off.

Anita said...

What a clever Fairy you have! Quilt looks great - good to get some things finished that have been sitting around.

Salley said...

Clever Fairy Girl.
So lovely after a weekend of energy-giving chocolate!

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Wow Chooky,
I can't believe you were able to find the yardage by checking your 'yardage register' That is very organised and as for using your blog to check for it, that is great. Mine doesn't go back that far, but has been helpful for for the projects I have completed in 'blog time'.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Well done Fairy Girl. Your buddy will love that. hugs

Shiralee Stitches said...

Don't worry we all have 5 year old projects still on the go!!!.....Well done to Fairy girl, she is really a chip off the old block......the colours of the felt are lovely.

Jenny said...

Its amazing how long it can take to finish something. Imagine the anticipation the little quilt feels when you begin sewing it again.....

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love our girls gift...very thoughtful...5 years is that all.....LOL....love it xx