Tuesday 29 July 2014

Quilt Show part 2............

Finally back to the quilt show...............
Here is some shopping.............mainly I was looking for a few more blues for my EPP quilt............and surprisingly there were hardly any papers at the show.....and not the size or shape I needed..........For the shops that didn't go you missed out on my business.............There were quite a few that weren't there 2 years ago.............hopefully they will decide to come back.............
but still a black hole for some of a big name Aussie designers.........
But I did my best to show support for the shops that did attend...............

Somerset Patchwork

forgot where I got these.............

Fabrics from the new range Snowbirds..................pretty sure I got this at Appleyard Cottage but can't find it on there website...........
Bits and pieces............

Fairy girl joined in the dancing fun at the start of the day..........this was her prize............

I got the green spot at Fee's Shabby Shack.........Fairy Girl got the pink flamingo at Hatched and Patched

Fairy Girl did a resin jewellery workshop with Beads N Crystals............
I wished I had time to do it too but I didn't..........
She got a few supplies to make something else...........

This is one of the pendants she made the other one included some rice paper.........but I don't have a pic of it............it's my favourite.............
Not sure what stand I got this little zipper purse but I got a few they were a bargain......super cute......

Bags and books from Quiltmania............I got Carolyn Konigs new book.............

Saturday morning heading out from the city we had a stop to Quiltsmith in Annadale..............
A couple of pieces of yardage and backing for Fairy Girls quilt...............
At Spotlight on the way home Fairy Girl found some green chevron that she had been looking for..............
this one is flannel..............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky lots of lovely buys there and i love the resin piece that Fairygirl made,sounds like you 2 had an awesome day,have fun with your purchases chooky and i hope you have a lovely day my friend.xx

Fee said...

Wow lots of pretties there - It was so lovely to finally meet you !! I am slowly catching up on my blog reading. xx

Maria said...

WOW both Fairy Girl and you brought home lots of great goodies.
Sad about your hexie papers. Did you see Wendy from Sugerlane Quilts purchased tools from Spotlight that cut out hexie paper shapes... Looks like a good idea.

Cheryll said...

WOW... some great buys in there Chooky. Looks like you had a FuN trip! :)

Susan said...

such fun - shame about the papers though...we wousl loe to see quiltmania come to Brisbane and Fiona's shabby shack too..alas - probably not gonna happen.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Such a shame when you go to a show and you cant find what your after but it does look like you made up for it :o) Great purchases. hugs

Pinnylea Creations said...

You certainly did show your support - some great buys. Love the owl zipper purses and Fairy Girls creation.

Susan said...

Love your purchases, lots of nice blues. I noticed the same absences,quite a few things I wasn't able to get....including EPP shapes.

KERYN B said...

Love the snowbirds range, looks like a great trip.

Rebecca in AK said...

You certainly found some lovely fabrics! Fairy Girl's pendant is very pretty!

Wendy said...

lots of great buys you have there...I really like the little pouches, they are so cute...and the fabric is wonderful...

loulee said...

Just one or two essentials then! LOL
Looks like a great haul.

Cardygirl said...

Good shopping!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yummy stuff Chooky...xx

Fiona said...

feels good to support local business doesn't it? I love all your purchases and can see you have a busy time ahead...
Hugz

jude's page said...

looks like you certainly supported the shops that were there, lovely fabrics

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Looks like you had a fab time. All those goodies mmmmmm.

Michelle said...

Looks like you had a great trip, lots of goodies to keep you busy.

Rachaeldaisy said...

You got lots of lovely goodies!! They'll keep you busy until the next show.

Janice said...

That little lot will keep you going for a while. It is so good to find different bits and pieces that you don't normally see.

Carole said...

Lots of pretty quilty things! Thank you for taking the time to share the show with us! Cheers!

Jenny said...

Good retail therapy.....love the chevron fairy girl ...