Thursday 20 November 2014

sh!t happens..............

Its like the roller coaster is cruising out of control once again..............
I can't get any thing done as I keep having farm distractions/jobs/worries..............
today was a water run and cutting some feed for the cows at another property...........
So many decisions need to be made right now............
as you can see we have heaps of feed.........
even all the shrubby bushes are stripped by the cows............
 
the cows are about to drop calves and it is too hard to feed them on this property so they will have to be moved ASAP where it is easier to feed them and as these are the younger ones we will get rid of some of the older ones to make room...........
look very close under the tree I spotted the tiniest calf I have seen for a long time.........Mr Chooky thinks it may be premy too...........
Seeing if we could get it to stand up..........it is so skinny and tiny not sure how it will go but we left it with mum who came back to it and it had moved before we left............so good luck baby............
My blue chaste tree is flowering beautifully........a nice distraction from hell............
anyone want to buy some weaners..............not sure how you would go in town but we can't buy food for these boys so they will have to go in the hope we can hang onto our girls this time..........remember last year we had to sell the lot..................
Some herefords (red and white) like above and some angus like below............
beautiful babies but sh!tty decisions need to be made.............normally we would sell them in 12 months time..........heaps bigger........lots more money..............
I really hope we are not heading down the same path as last summer but it sure looks like it............
Oh and the heat...........40 tomorrow, 42 Sat, 43 Sun...........
Lucky I am escaping this dirt bowl and seeing the blog girls.........
Have a great weekend.....hope you find a cool spot to hang out in.............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

30 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh chooky I don't know what to say,but I will pray that things will improve for all you farmers. Have fun with the girls and keep Chez away from any poles,lol xx

Brenda said...

Words seem cheap. My heart breaks for you and all the others doing it so tough. A weekend away seems just what the doctor ordered.

Brenda said...

Words seem cheap. My heart breaks for you and all the others doing it so tough. A weekend away seems just what the doctor ordered.

Denice Barker said...

Things just seem so out of balance. You have the extreme hot and we have extreme cold and snow months earlier than normal. I would gladly send some to you if I could.

Flickenstichlerin said...

Hope this situation gets better right this moment and takes the load of your chest. Sorry it is so tough right now.
Greetings,
Sylvia

gracie said...

No matter what we say, it is really not what will help. I do hope things work out for the better. You are all so brave who do this job of raising animals and having to make such decisions. I do admire you. Deep breaths....

Maria said...

Things are so tough for you guys on the farm..
Will be great for. You to have a weekend away.

Grethe said...

Hurts to see the little calf, do hope things will turn out fine. All the best, love the blue flowers :-)

Cardygirl said...

Not good, enjoy your time away!

Melody said...

Life on the land is certainly tough.

Fiona said...

so so hard to see all that... and so so hot... thinking of you..
Hugz

Michelle said...

A timely distraction with the girls-enjoy the get together!! Farming is hard and we make decisions everyday which effect us in the pocket whether they are good or bad decisions. Just breathe chooky, I am praying you don't get as bad as last year!!
thinking of you, Michelle.

CountryMum said...

It is heartbreaking to see your photos and how bad it is. Praying for some drought breaking rain. Enjoy your time away with friends, you deserve it. We're thinking of you.

Fiona said...

And here we go again.
Thinking of you.
We're trucking cattle Sunday to make room for those we've got to move out of paddocks who are now out of water. Though we probably had better rain than you last Summer it didn't run a drop of water into a dam. They only last so long unfortunately.
Thinking of you.

Jo in TAS said...

Geez Chooky I wish I could make life easier for you, i don't think mother nature is playing fair, it's about time she backed off!

Susie said...

Oh it is shitty. I worry when I see your posts like this - let alone having to go through it. I pity all those poor creatures. So darn hot - ridiculous. Did it used to be this hot so early? all the very best in your decision making.

Terry said...

What a sweet little calf! Wish I could send you some of our cold...it's downright frigid here!

loulee said...

Just can't find the words.
Enjoy your weekend. Hope the weather changes for you.

Show and Tell said...

All looks terrible.....I know what those 40 odd days are like with no rain.....Can't say I miss it at all....We haven't had decent rain in Orange for a bit but it is nothing on what you are experiencing....Might need to take a road trip out to visit cause last time I did it was very wet remember.....Wish you could get some more of that my friend xxx

Jan said...

Oh Chooky, shit is definitely happening at your place and I'm so sorry. What challenging lives you farmers lead. I hope things improve soon, with lower temperatures and as much rain as you need. Meanwhile, enjoy a weekend of laughs and good company -wish I was going!

Noela said...

It is very sad to read what is happening at your place. I pray that rain will come soon for you. Enjoy your break with the girls. Sending big hugs....

Susan said...

Hope you enjoy some respite over the weekend. Fingers crossed for some rain and better conditions soon.

DAWNIE said...

Oh Chooky, I so feel for you. This is just aweful times for you. Enjoy your escape with girls , it will be good for you to have some "joy" time.

Pinnylea Creations said...

Everyone else has said it for me Chooky. Praying for you and your family that this summer will be better than the last xxx

Narelle said...

Side by side we'll come through the other side of this ... let your mind focus on sewing and friendship for a few days xx

annemariesquilt said...

Ohhh, sorry to hear this problem with your cows. We have had rain all fall and dry fields are very far from what we are having.. Some farmers here make a deal with bread bakers and get free old bread to feed there cows but I guess I cannot imagine hugeness of Australia .. Have a nice day though !

jude's page said...

So sad to see your photos, feeling for you and praying for good rains. Thanks for sharing the reality of your life.

Leanne said...

Have a great bloggy catch up and remember to rest that jaw occasionally LOL. It's dry down here but I don't have to feed herds of cows. Hoping some rain comes your way.

kiwikid said...

Oh jeez Chooky I don't know what to say either...am in Adelaide this weekend and it is bucketing down here, thunder and lightning. ...lots of water on the roads.....I hope this storm front makes it to your place. I hope you have a wonderful weekend with the girls, enjoy!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I will send all the watery thoughts I can muster your way. You are so strong. Glad you had a quilty getaway however brief. Wishing you well (with lots of water in it!).