Sunday 24 September 2017

Crazy.....

What's a girl to do when they forecast record heat for Sept and strong winds..........
head to the middle of no where and enjoy the day at picnic races..............
38 deg (over 100) and dust blowing everywhere.............
lost all my money but we we had fun..........
Did you do something dumb and crazy yesterday in the heat????
&&&&
playing with Lucy2.......i've been talking about her for some time now.......around I love making the feature blocks of Lucy Bostons quilt Patchwork of the Crosses but I don't think I love it that much to make a full on second quilt..........but I am working on my own quicker idea...........
today I was trying to nut out my idea I have in my head..........
the blocks on the right and top are not the correct size backgrounds...........I was hoping to use a 10in layer cake that I had but they are not big enough........also testing out a couple of sizes on the crosses.......the bigger ones are winning......and all will be fussy cut.......
not sure if I want a plainer background or even another colour but this one was a bigger piece to try the idea on.......
and looking at this photo the stripey background second one down on the left will not be staying in there.......I wasn't keen on it but used it now playing as it was the right colour.............
What do you think of Lucy2???
Catch you later......
Chookyblue.....

13 comments:

simplestitches said...

love picnic races...haven't been for a few years! yesterday we started the bathroom reno...it was only 30 degrees here, although that was definitely hot enough in a small room filled with dust!
loving the look of Lucy2.

kiwikid said...

Love Lucy 2, cant wait to see what you do. Mmm hot and windy I think I would stay at home!! 😀

Maria said...

Oh Chooky wish I could send you the rain we've been getting. 17ml today. It's been wet and cold which was sad as it is a long weekend and its was is "Show and Shine" weekend. Folks have come from miles around with their special cars....
Interesting layout for Lucy 2# . I prefer the bigger crosses too.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

I can't even imagine that kind of heat and being outside. I haven't been to the horse races in decades, but your pictures took me right back to them. My neighbor's family used to take us with them when they'd go. I loved watching the horses. Lucy 2 looks beautiful! I love the colors on the quilt. I prefer the larger crosses, too. Happy sewing! Andrea

Stitched said...

Nothing more fun than being hot, dusty and broke! ;) Looks like you're making good progress on some quilt tops! ;)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hot and dry here 😳Love your Lucy ❤️❤️

Susan said...

Superb idea - a lot less of the boring part - definitely the bigger crosses...the stripe probably should go - love the pink one - 3rd row down in the middle.
Not much to add about the weather - but probably a lot more fun being at the races than at home.

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Coming along marvelously.

Rose Marie said...

I like what you are doing with Lucy 2!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I think Lucy 2 is sensational! What a great idea! As for the heat - argh! I am so looking forward to snow in the near future!

Wendy said...

I really like the idea of putting these blocks on a solid background! Looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Lucy 2 is looking amazing! Love the background fabric too.. xx

Jenny said...

your right the stripy has to go. Perhaps if you have a busy background all the squares have to be the same or a plain background and different squares. But you know me I am not too adventurous.