Monday 3 August 2009

wattle time...........

August always brings out the wattle.................golden yellow...............so beautiful.............sorry about the pic but it was windy.............brightens up winter days though...........

July and August also brings on emails like below

Subject -??????????
"I was just thinking about your last secret santa s w a p and was wondering
are you doing it again this year because I want in if you are I LOVED last
year" (Beth)
Well you know it is time to put the SSCS post up when the emails asking
about the SSCS go from weekly to daily...........
2007 - 80+
2008 - 156
2009 - ???
2 people didn't get gifts to their partners so you're not welcome this year
Cindy and Debbie B- sorry but that's your fault not mine
If you want to see what happened last year go to my labels and choose Secret
Santa Christmas S w a p or Secret Santa Christmas S w a p 2008 (just after xmas there are a pile of posts of presents)
The rules are simple
. Make a beautiful gift (love, time and effort required) - you
can make whatever you want eg, bag, wall hanging, stitchery, table runner,
Christmas themed gift - whatever it is you love to make...send something you
would love to receive... (not something you whip up in a couple of hours)

. This year you also need to make a small decoration that can be
hung on a Christmas tree (simple or fiddly up to you)

. Don't tell anyone who your SSCS partner is please. This is a secret
shhhhhhhhh!!!!!! A different person will be sending to you....
. international posting essential.

You need to have an active blog .....posting a couple of times a
month.... so your partner can sneak a peek and get ideas of what to make for
you and they know you are active.....therefore existing
. Swap partners emailed when I can get it done (hopefully by 31st Aug)
. Sending (not before 20th November) deadline is 25th November to
ensure your partner gets their present before Christmas (remember reason for
swap)
. Please don't sign up if you are not prepared to send, non-senders!!!! will
be named and shamed
. Make sure you "thank" your Santa - very important and post about your present when you receive it..........
. If you are difficult to contact you may be dropped from the
SSCS.....several times between now and the deadline I email out and you MUST
reply...so if you are going away for a week or 2 just let me know
. If everyone can follow the above it will make for another very successful
SSCS..... less headaches for me.........
. Any problems make sure you contact me


. If you want to join email (chookybluesscs at gmail dot com) I need your
Name, Address (including country), email and blog address eg
http://chookyblue.blogspot.com/

PLEASE DON'T BLOG ABOUT THE S W A P ON YOUR BLOGS TIL IT IS CLOSED....

...more fun for my regular visitors.......

Take Care til next time..............
Chookyblue

EDIT......................CLOSED.........................

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I'm so excited!! Been looking forward to this SSCS since last year!!! Will email you my details NOW!

Jenny said...

Thanks once again to you. You fabulous SSC organiser extraordinaire!!! I wonder how many this year will bring????? Very exciting-love the wattle shot-have fun-maybe have the medicinal brandy nearby just in case this one is going to be bigger than Ben Hur!!!!

chook said...

woo hoo I will send you an email very soon
hugs Beth

Joy said...

Yay!!! I just sent an email ...... HOW FUN!!!!
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Anonymous said...

yippeeeee! I'm sending you an email right now!!!
:) Missy

Deb said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...... You're a legend...... the woman........ we bow to you........ oh organiser extraordinaire.................we lift our hats in reverence...... thanks Chooky, you're the best.

Love the wattle photo, its so delicate.

Joolz said...

Hi Chookyblue

Love the wattles when they come out. Plenty down our way and daffodils are sneaking their heads up too. Daffs truly signify that spring is around the corner, thank goodness.

Cheers - Joolz

Bev C said...

Donna, You are a star!! Did you know that there is a wattle in flower every day of the year here in Australia. Will think about joining in your lovely swap. Happy days.

Granny Goose said...

I love the idea of a Xmas swap, I have emailed my info and can't wait

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

YYYYAAAYYYYY - ditto that!!
I've been so looking forward to this too!!

loulee said...

I wanna play toooo!

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

I have been noticing the wattle too. Its so bright it stands out like a sore thumb around here. The gum's are all grey and grey blue, and there in the middle is this outstanding bright yellow wattle in all its glory, fantastic!

Please count me in for SSCS 2009. Glad your going to be doing it again. Three Cheers for Chooky. Hip Hip Horray !

quiltygal said...

Im in sent you my details ...ahhem twice actually ...I was so excited I didnt read your instructions properly & sent an email to your other account....anyway better to be sure :) so heres hoping better luck this time :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for doing it again this year.

Looking forward to my swap partner.

cheers
Christine

Anita said...

Goody, I've sent you my info so hope you still have room for more. I do have a new address this year. Now to start planning.

Unknown said...

I have already sent you an e-mail :) You are a hero, organising a swap like this is a big deal I can imagine. Thanks!!!

gai.dugan@bigpond.com.au said...

I would love to be in the SSCS...it will be fun...thank you for been the one,, who started me of with the swaps....Gaizie

Anonymous said...

Hello Donna, thank you for hosting the swap again this year.....so looking forward to participating........have been thumbing through my patterns the last couple of weeks.....warm regards lyn

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for letting me "play" again this year. You know how much we LOVE this. So glad we've shamed you in to hosting it again. I think I may have some things up my sleeve already. How about that?

Odette said...

HOLA AMIGA, POR SUPUESTO QUE ESTARE AHI PARTICIPANDO, NO ME LO PERDERIA POR NADA DEL MUNDO, TE MANDARÉ RAPIDAMENTE UN CORREO.
BESOS ODETTE

Leanne said...

What a champ. Sending my info now. Love the wattle

Julz said...

You're a star :) Just sent my email... Hugs Jx

Robyn said...

How funny that you blogged about wattles - today driving along the road, I noticed about fifty out in bloom. I used to have one in the backyard but it died. They're so pretty specially in big groups.

Angels Come to Play said...

You buedy...count me in girl. Cant wait...let the stitching begin. I will email details now.
Love ya
Shelley

-girl from the bush said...

yep i'm in please! this will be fun. I have emailed my details, thanx sue.

Miriam said...

I have emailed my details.

I would love to join in the fun!

Valeriacrea said...

Hi! I've just sent you an email with my details, toworrow I'm going to go in France, but I will be back by the 20th August. I think this swap will be great, I will be so happy to partecipate!
Hugs, Valeria, Italy

Renee said...

Oh no - is it too late to join in the fun?

Carole said...

I love you SSCS! It's so much fun. My only concern is making an ornament. It doesn't have to be stitched does it? Can I do something different? Cheers!

Tanya said...

I love your new header. The yellow is so bright and cheery! I've never seen flowers like this!

Kim said...

oh well, I missed it....
It was great fun last year

Simone de Klerk said...

Too bad I am much too late! Just saw it on Gudrun's blog. If you need an extra person, I will gladly join!
Lots of fun with this wonderful swap!

Mom of two said...

IS it too late???? I would love to join!!