Wednesday 2 January 2013

just can't help myself..........

these things are addictive............3 more done...........all nested together made of chook fabric.....
Susan and I have been discussing decorative stitches and she said she might do some on hers............so when I went out and did mine this morning I used 2 different stitches...........
I'm going to try and use them  more they are pretty......we also discovered we have the same machines so what she learns in her class she can share.........
all chook fabric which I think Nicolette sent me quite awhile ago..........
I made some different sizes.........
front red - as per pattern........
red back - think it was 6x10"
 blue one - 7x11"
I found it was easier to turn the thread catchers inside out to top stitch as I could fit them under the foot better and see where I was sewing............all was good until I hit a pin...........that took some getting out of the fabric...........
I liked the stitch above too...........
Catch you later..............
Chookyblue

18 comments:

Wendy said...

These are lovely Chooky. And I know they can be addictive. I have pulled fabric and will be making some this weekend.

Marina said...

They are really pretty! You can never have too many thread catchers :) Have a happy new year

Cheryl said...

They are wonderful Chooky...think I might need to whip some up!

Fee said...

They look great. I will have to make some too x

Susan said...

They look great and a good idea to do different sizes. I ended up just doing a triple stitch - sorry to let you down - maybe I will have to make another one now . .

Daisy Jayne said...

Wow ... love the fabric .... think I might need to whip some up .... for a few lucky ladies as thank you gifts

Shiralee Stitches said...

Well done, Chooky, they look great......we need to see them full of all the threads you will create in the chook shed next.......and that won't take long if you continue at this pace......I love the fancy stitches, I never seem to remember to use them on my machine.....can I borrow the idea??...please......

Annie said...

These are adorable Chooky and I love the fancy stitches! I can see I might have to be making some of these.

Susan said...

It's so much fun to get carried away with a good pattern and make heaps of them. These could be used for all sorts of thing, not just threads.

Nemo said...

So cute!

Solstitches said...

Lovely! Wow, six things made already and we are barely into 2013. I'm impressed.
Margaret

Anthea said...

Stop being so quick with things Chooky! They look great, and you have inspired me to try the variety of stitches i have on my Pfaff.
Love the fabrics too x

Lynn said...

Adorable! I love the fancy stitching.

Annik-Snor said...

Lovely, I am looking forward to sew them.

Michelle said...

These look very cute! I might make some to use in my kitchen!
Michelle

Michelle said...

These look very cute! I might make some to use in my kitchen!
Michelle

Michelle Ridgway said...

Such sweet thread catchers and they are great gifts too. Love the red ones.

Terry said...

Those fancy stitches really finish off the thread catchers! I love the last one! :0)