Tuesday 31 March 2015

My road....

this is my road.........the one I walk nearly everyday.............mostly twice a day these days too.............
sometimes I have company..............mostly I don't................but I hardly ever feel lonely..............
see it's a bit like my life...........I was never a person with a bestie.............I had lots of friends......some closer then others..........I like positive friends.............friends that do stuff and achieve stuff.........I avoid people who are complicated and hard work............they suck the good out of you...........
have you ever thought how you effect others...........
Sometimes I don't understand why people are like that............there is so much complicated stuff out there and sad negative things happening I try to stick with the good stuff........
I appreciate things and make do............it's probably a bit like my kitchen......the renos kitchen is not  my house.........people say why don't you get a new one for yourself......and trust me most people would have pulled mine out and replaced it by now............but you see my kitchen is about 50 years old..........it has heaps of cupboards, all solid and mouse proof except for one which does not have a door............the bench tops are grey/white marble look with metal trim and so outdated they have come back into fashion but nothing wrong with them.........
I could whinge and complain about it but just accept it as is..........and I accept people as they are you do need to look inside the cupboards (so to speak) as at a casual glance you may want to throw them out as in the old kitchen.........but really when you take a little time you find a real treasure..........
&&&&&&&&
I don't mind organising things either..............like the SAL girls...........they probably have me on a dart board at the moment pushing them along to meet their goals for the month BUT we will persist.........and thats why they joined the SAL.......to meet a deadline each month........

I organise lots of other stuff too...........some big some small.................and I don't mind doing it............but sometimes some people complain about trivial stuff..........well it may be major to them but truly it is trivial.............and I find the people who complain the most usually never organise anything.........never know how hard it is to try and please everyone............so I don't try and please everyone.............I try and please most and the rest can just deal with it themselves preferably in their own head to they don't bring the negative out only the positive..............
Also people do need feedback on things but there are better ways to give it like directly to the organiser whoever they are........
ANYWAY.............
my road ahead is calling......the birds are starting to wake and the sounds of the world coming to life for the day.........
it's a magical time of the day........
I am blessed to enjoy it with no noise from people or traffic......
no need for headphones listening to music as you miss life passing you by............
Life is precious and you only get one chance at it............
so live it the best you can.........
I know some areas of my life need improving more then others.........
Are you living life the best you can???

Chookyblue

45 comments:

sunny said...

Great post. I would love to walk down your road in quiet solitude. And your kitchen sounds perfect. Maybe you need those headphones to tune out the complainers. :-)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Totally agree with Sunny Chooky...I bet your kitchen will go another 50 years! I daresay it is solid as!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky that's a very in depth post and does get one thinking,you are so right in everything you said,I try to keep away from people that suck the energy out of you and also people that use you,life is too short to be around these sort of people ,as you say you only live once so make it a good one ,enjoy your day my friend xx

Fiona said...

lovely lovely thoughtful post.... I agree about surrounding with positive as much as it possible ... there is so much good things in life that we can focus on.... and we all walk our own roads so they may as well be good ones?
Hugz

Willow Grove - Kez said...

Your kitchen works fine.... Lots of scrumptious food come out of there....... I know first hand. ...... It is lovely being out on a farm....... I enjoy the walks around here but our road is a bit busy at the moment with some works happening. I love travelling alone ( I'm a loner and love it). I only have me to please and I can go where I want when I want and I meet so many lovely people on the way...... Its so easy because they are like minded people........ I will enjoy my day because everyday is a blessing..........

Michelle said...

What is there to say! agree with all that has been said! Have a great day.

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Well said! I'm not the best organiser but the rest of the post I relate to so very well.

Outback Crafter - Debra said...

Thanks Chooky.
That was just what I needed today. :)
I know why those SAL girls love you.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Great post! And yes, it's often the people who don't organise things or volunteer to help, which complain the most and loudest. I find this with school parents. The ones who never help or give their time to help the school... and ultimately their kids arethe ones you see huddled in little cliques, whining about how things are being done.

Denice Barker said...

Inspiring. Thank you.

Cheryll said...

Sometimes it's hard to treat negative comments "like water off a ducks back"... as the saying goes...
but it has to be that way. Otherwise THEY bring us down to their place...and that just NOT acceptable. xox

Maria said...

What a ripper post.
I am not a good organiser but love to be organised. Guess I am lazy,lol.
Your kitchen sounds perfect to me..
Enjoy your day. XXX

Lynda said...

So well said Chooky.

Michelle Ridgway said...

So beautifully said! We all have "stuff" going on in our lives. But trying hard not to sweat the small stuff and living with gratitude makes for a more fulfilling life. I discovered quite brutally a while ago that you will never please all...so I figured if you did your best with good intentions that's enough. I think that you do an awesome job. I can just imagine how peaceful your morning wander would be xx

Rebecca in AK said...

I think a walk down your road would be lovely! So peaceful! I am sorry if there have been people giving you grief. Some people are never happy about anything! I try to avoid those people if possible. I admire organizers! Such a lot of work and commitment, and probably never appreciated. I hope you have a wondeful week!

Flickenstichlerin said...

High philosophy, you're right and you had to get it out. Did you have a good walk? Did you see any aunts? You probably even heard them.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Susan said...

Great post, usually try my best but often fall off the wagon. i love my dirt road in the country too, but gee I'll be happy when it's not so dark in the morning!

Deb R said...

What a wonderful post, so simple yet deep and meaningful...just loved it...keep it simple and enjoy the little things, Ai hear you x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great post...well said ....I love to organise as well ....positive surrounding and people is the way to go amazing how good it makes You feel xxx

Cheryl said...

Well said Chooky

simplestitches said...

well said, out with the negatives and keep the positives around with loads of laughter.....and yes usually the whingers are the non organisers, never happy but never happy to help either! you do a wonder job organising all the things you do, and I know we all appreciate your hard work! thank you!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Great Post. well said. most appreciate all your hard work. thankyou very much. Thankyou for keeping us all on track.

Thimbleanna said...

Beautiful Donna! Thanks for an inspiring start to my day. I have big changes today and you've helped me look forward to them. XO

Anthea said...

I've really loved reading this post Chooky - read it twice in fact!
Something I believe keeps things simple for me is not using social media - no Twitter, fb or IG for me - I think I would spend so much time on them that I wouldn't actually do much else. I'm happy with blogging.
I don't think I'm living my best life, but I keep trying!!

gracie said...

Always a good post from you.

Tracy said...

Some people are always going to whinge and whine. They are never satisfied or happy and usually it is over the most trivial things. Those with big issues often keep them to themselves. Well that's what I've found anyway. I've learnt to let go of the 'toxic' people who try to drag you down with little snide remarks and digs.
I like the look and sound of your road Chooky. It's similar to my own. I spend a lot of time alone but never lonely. Take care xo.

Candace said...

I enjoyed your post so much. It's nice to improve things, but sometimes they, and people, are just fine as they are. I say all the time that I like 'plain' people. Just as they are, without a lot of trimmings.

CountryMum said...

Well said. A very thought provoking post. Thank you.

Marcelle said...

Love this post. Hope the weather is being a bit kinder to you this year.

wish2stitch said...

It's usually busy people that find time in there day to get stuff done. . I try to remember this phrase. 'You can't please all of the people all of the time.' Never a truer word spoken. Enjoy your walk.

BevBSews said...

Thanks Chooky - beautifully written. Keep on organising - you have a talent for it from which countless receive.

Aren't the mornings just a wonderful time for walking at the moment? I'm please that your walk appears a little greener than mine, but early mornings are always enjoyable when you're outdoors.

Regards, Bev

suzitee said...

What an inspiring and thought-provoking post Chooky! Thank you for sharing....I agree with so many of your points. So many people are prepared to criticise and complain, but would never dream of putting their hand up to help. I've seen it so many times (and live it many days with the organisations I'm involved with LOL) Thank you for all that you do with the SALs...I have several quilts in my basket that wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for you and your whip cracking ;)

Grethe said...

Wise story; nice to read; the road looks peaceful; must be pleasent sounds from time to time; love seeing you pics on Picasa too, Happy Eastertime, Donna :-)

jodie said...

You ok? Just popped in to see how you are and you seem down in this post. Have a lovely Easter.

Maria said...

Great post, Donna! I absolutely agree with your comment about negative/ high maintenance people suck the life out of you...and aren't they the same people who pester you for advice, and you do your best and they ignore it and do whatever they want to anyway? I rented a 1930s house once that had a huge 1950s built in kitchen. The workmanship of that cabinet maker was far superior to the flat pack stuff today...I loved that kitchen!

Anita said...

All so true. I stay away from people who I find draining in a negative way. In the other hand though, these last few months have taught me that sometimes I do need to speak up and say if I don't like something. I generally always just go along with things so as not to rock the boat, and always try to see the positive side of things.....but sometimes now I find if I don't speak up I am the one who pays the price, physically and emotionally. So I have started saying no a bit more and also deciding what needs to be said and what not to say

Anita said...

Oh and as one who is surrounded by houses in suburbia.....I love the solitude of your road!

kiwikid said...

Very well said Chooky, I am lucky to walk by the sea most mornings with out head phones too.....the sound of the sea and birds and people saying hello/good morning is so much better!
Your kitchen sounds great....no need to change what is good!
Enjoy your walks.

Salley said...

Chooky . . you are so lovely.
Loveliness deep inside. Thanks for making us think.

Sarah said...

Well said Donna! I hope you are ok!

Joy McD said...

Inspiring words Chooky... and no we don't have you on a dartboard - just appreciate all the hard work you put into keeping us going :) xxx

Janice said...

Inspiring Donna. That kitchen of yours is the heart of your home. Treasure it.

Carole said...

Beautifully written! Thank you!

Leanne said...

Nice post ............. As long as your life suits you it doesn't need to suit anyone else.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Ah, looking forward to walking that track with you again...and for the rest, my sentiments exactly!!!