Sunday 5 July 2015

Woops what a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the day went very pear shaped............
this is near were I was bogged and the cattle coming along.........
so much water still in some spots in the paddocks..............
The cows passing the Subaru ute.........
even they were bogging down in the mud passing the ute............woops............

So a quick try with the bike at pulling the ute out and not even a slit budge it was decided to worry about getting the cows in and sort the ute later...........
While the boys stayed on the bike I walked along behind the cows.........
atleast 2km so a good walk for me..........
found some gum blossoms............
lucky I found a narrow spot and a log in the creek to cross it............. cross a few water courses..........
lovely gums..........

a pretty paper daisy..........
a few more dramas later we arrived at the yards boys on foot also.............that's another story...........by this stage Boy Wonder had to run/walk another 2kms to get a vehicle from the house..................we'd wasted so much time it was lunch time.........

after lunch Boy Wonder took a different bike down.......he parked it in the marshmallow grass...it is so tall at the moment...........
A neighbor came to visit and offered to help so we had 2 x 4wheeler motor bikes and heaps of long chains/ropes to get to harder ground to pull the ute out..........
the only way out was going backwards..........being pulled by the bikes...........
the ground is almost like soup once you  break the top.......
I was pushing until they got going..............and then got stuck again.........
it was so hard........I was so bogged in the mud myself...........lucky I had my gumboots on.......it took us about an hour to get it out...........really I was picturing myself covered in splatting mud or falling face first into the mud/slop............

thankfully the cows behaved and we got them done and back to their paddock just  before dark.........
every joint is aching from pushing the ute, my big walk across boggy paddocks, doing the cattle work.................lucky i put the slow cooker on at lunch time.........
in years to come this will be a hilarious story of my day to tell - you got the short version but it wasn't funny at the time......
another mob to do in the morning but I will NOT be doing any mustering.........i'll just meet Mr Chooky at the yards..........
I was feeling very exhausted and down about my day and got a text to make my day.................OMG I am so excited............i'll share that wonderful news tomorrow..........well hopefully tomorrow.........
One of Boy Wonders mates/family friends left today and the other mate goes home tomorrow..........and Fairy Girl has finally got her friends organised and she has 3 coming tomorrow night...........Oh well what are school holidays for if not for catching up with friends...............
just more sheets to wash.......people to feed...........
Catch you later
Chookyblue

22 comments:

Susan said...

I do hope you can look back and laugh - and we are all on tenterhooks waiting for the exciting news . . ..

Anthea said...

What a caper! I hope there was plenty of hot water to give yourself a good soak in the bath after all that hard work!

sunny said...

Your life is certainly never boring, is it? Laughing is better than crying . . . .

Khris78 said...

Water is a bit of a catch 22 never the perfect amount !!! I had a little giggle , hope you are too now ;))

Denice Barker said...

What a difference from last year when you (and we) were praying for rain!

gracie said...

Never a dull moment for you. Hope today is better for you

Gail said...

Rough Day! On days like that-not that I've ever had a day exactly like that-I always console myself with the fact that I got a lot of exercise and burned a lot of calories!

Maria said...

Oh Chooky rough day indeed but sure hope the good news helped as well as a nice hot tub...
Great the kids enjoy their friends ....

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dea Chooky,
what a story, bet you had a good sleep after all the hard work.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Katherine said...

What an adventure packed day, Chooky! I bet it will give you a laugh to remember it in future times, but right now I bet you need a good rest, a hot soak in the tub and a day off from cattle wrangling. :o) Here's to you and your indomitable spirit, Chooky!

Wendy said...

My what an adventure you have had. At least all is well now and you are not out in the mud pit! Hope the soreness in the muscles goes soon and you are back to normal in the paddocks. Times like these can be trying, but like you say, down the road this will make a very good story to tell. Hope your day today is a better one.

Melody said...

What a drama, you poor thing

jude's page said...

The joys of farming, and the joys of rain, either too much or not enough. You can send a bit down this way, we would be happy for a good rain at the moment. Watering our gardens in July is unusual. Hope you recover soon and looking forward to your news!

Kim Brackett said...

Sounds like you had a really, really hard day. I hope you get some time to relax and do something fun, and I hope your good new more than makes up for almost falling face first in the mud.

Fiona said...

oh my gosh, I definitely wouldn't find humour in that ... but it was a great photo opportunity!!
Hugz

Farmyard Stitches said...

Maybe next time you should take the 4wd!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Geez what a time you had! Lovely pics a long the way.....hope you treated yourself to a hot shower and a cuppa or stronger after that lot! Nice that the mud means there's been some rain.

Cherry Pie Designs said...

lovely to see things looking so green for you

Maria said...

I agree...what a day! At least you've had some rain though.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

When you do stuff you really do it well ...lol ... Xxx

Yvonne W said...

The weather in the country goes from one extreme to another. At least you have had rain and hopefully full dams.

marina said...

never a dull moment for you!
love your cherry pie fabrics, that's my kind of diet