Sunday 15 January 2017

Down a Willy.....

OK so the cool change was 37 or 38............but that's heaps better then 44+
Last night I found the babies.............they really only go a few metres from the nest yesterday and today.........they spend a lot of time sitting on branches and not sure if it was the heat or another bird but one of the babies is missing.......
Can you see them in the middle of the photo.........not the best as it's just my phone camera........now they can fly I have to be careful not to get to close..........
Just heading out now to see if I can find them again............mowing and watering on the cards to start, then house cleaning and bookwork........
Stay cool............nothing under 39 for another week.......I guess this is the 3 weeks of hell we can get in January........missed it last year...........
Catch you later....
Chookyblue.....

Keeping the love of blogging alive

19 comments:

Sue SA said...

Yikes, hoping you get an early reprieve from the heat, one week is bad enough, three is most certainly hell!

kiwikid said...

The little ones are so cute. I do not knkwmhow tou manage with such high temps, a few days over 35 and I am done for!!

Anita : Shabby Quilt said...

Glad it is cooling a little for you. The heat just drains you. Hope you are getting some sewing done .Enjoy

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky ,oh i do hope it is ok ,stay cool my friend,we have had the heaters back on down our way xx

cityquilter grace said...

love your blog and all the goings on down under....

Jindi's Cottage said...

Two out of three in the heatwave is pretty good going...they certainly get up and out of the nest quickly...so cute...try and stay cool-ish...

Wacky Woman said...

Fledglings already? My that seems quick.

creations.1 said...

They don't take long to leave the nest do they!! Stay cool in the heat - if you can!!

Janice said...

Here's hoping the remaining two WillIes go OK. Stay in that air con as much as you can.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Catching up on all the news... glad you are surviving the heat.. I can't wait for winter, really! Lovely pics of birds and beasts and sewing.. here's to a great 2017! xx

Maria said...

Hope the babies are okay ??
Stay cool !!!

gracie said...

I do understand the heat, but happy for now that we are in the cool weather and recently a few rainy days. Let us know if yu find that baby.

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

Hopefully it will cool down a bit soon... I will be in Australia in about two weeks... I really love hot weather and I am glad to escape the nasty German winter, but it hasn't to be THAT hot after all.... :D

Diane-crewe said...

oh my goodness that is just TOOOOOO hot! I'm happy to be cold xx lol x

Salley said...

Always a cute story from you! Hope baby birdy was just hiding.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh no! Nature is nature, but I will hope for the best anyway!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Oh sweet little baby birds!! It's always sad to lose one. I get really attatched to the birds in our garden and worry if I don't see them for a few days. That was crazy that night that cooled to 38degrees! Phew! We're in for more hot weather, hopefully not that hot.

Unknown said...

My word, you must be melting! Just too hot. We have had wind, wind and more wind. A very hot dry wind. Early 30's temps. Driving me nuts. Today is cooler, lots cooler and it is so nice to do be able to do things. Loved your little birdies, hope they stay safe.

Jenny said...

Did you find the little Willy yet?