Saturday 25 February 2017

Jetstreams and prepping

Lots happening here as usual...........
Working on Lucy but run out of creams and blue squares I need to make the fillers with and put around the Lucy blocks.........
So its cutting, gluing and prepping bags to sew.........
Talk about prepping I'm trying to up my walking in preparation for March Charge a Cancer Council fundraiser...........
I headed out the gate and looked up........OMG the sun was not up yet but a jet and its short jetstream were catching the rays.............
Here it is further away.........it was a stunning sight and thinking of my walking and working out distance goals to go to I decided to walk the loop to the sheep yards...........I know if I go down and back the same way it is 3kms but I was not sure if I did the loop..........it's just under 4kms so glad I did it now..........
Dust catching the sunlight about the 3km mark.......the sheep had just crossed my path heading to water at the dam..........
&&&&&&
NOW BACK to the MARCH CHARGE for cancer...........
I am walking.......I have registered to raise funds.........

I am walking for many people in my life...........
ones I have lost - my sister, my nan, my uncle, my aunty, mums cousin, dads cousin, my great aunt, one of my best friends, Mr Chookys grandad, friends mum

Survivors - BIL, cousins grandson, friends husband

Fighting now - FIL for the second time, 
many others to numerous to mention but these are closer ones
&&&&&
In blogland I know of friends who have battles to close to the heart
my friend who lost her husband to lymphoma
my friend who's son is currently battling melanoma
  my friends mum battling lung cancer
my friend who beat breast cancer
another friend almost clear on cancer
another friends who's husband battled cancer 

So WALK WITH ME
but most importantly 

Crazily I said I would walk 93kms avg 3kms/day.
I usually walk 1-1.5kms sometimes 2km if I have time.......I walked 4km this morning and my knees are hurting (they are crap) but you know what my sore knees is nothing compared to cancer so I'll just live on panadol or nurofen if need be for the month........
Any amount of support you can give will all add up..........

if you have someone special tell me and I will walk for them too..........

I don't normally ask for anything like this but cancer affects way to many people and it is not just the person who gets it it is their whole world affected......family, friends etc....

Out here in the bush there are pretty much no services so you have to travel great distances just for treatment and Drs............
Cancer Council Australia 
####  SPONSOR ME ####
please.........
leave me your email and I can email you a link if you can't find me online

Is anyone else doing this challenge?????

Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.....

Keeping the love of blogging alive

23 comments:

Jo said...

What a great cause. I have lost quite a few to this wretched disease. I'll be cheering you on to. I'm going to go look..

Michelle Ridgway said...

Thanks Chooky. A great cause indeed xxx Awesome effort on Lucy too!

EL RINCON DE CHELO said...

Que bonito trabajo, cuanta paciencia!!! besos

Bethan said...

What a great challenge for a great cause. Good luck xx

gracie said...

Beautiful pictures.....a great cause and I am sure you will do well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Chooky what a wonderful thing for you to do ,i am going to check this out too,sending you big hugs my friend and i always love looking at your Lucy blocks,great pics too chooky.xxxx

Anonymous said...

Just sponsered you chooky come on girls lets get behind chooky,every bit helps,great cause and a wonderful thing for you to do my friend.xxxx

Jenny said...

You go girl good luck with the walk. Lucy is looking busy

Fiona said...

well done you... a great cause... every bit counts.
Hugz

Unknown said...

great cause..... donated. Xoxo

kiwikid said...

Love your Lucy bits, that is an amazing sunrise you saw, wonder where the plane was going?? Been and donated, wishing you the best of luck with the walking.xxooxx

Helen said...

Wonderful cause well done. Love your Lucy block !!

Raewyn said...

Beautiful photos - good luck with the prep - good cause...off to check out the link....

Lin said...

Your Lucy blocks are looking great. Good luck with the walk - such a great cause and so many to walk for. Hugs. xx

Maria said...

Lucy is looking great ... off to find you now ?

Susie said...

Loving these photos. Love your mix of craft and bush. All the best with the walk. Fabulous cause.

Lynda said...

Good on you Donna!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Your Lucy blocks are looking fab...Well done for doing the challenge, clicking on the link now... xx

Susan said...

I've been spared a lot - I know only a few who have been touched by cancer...thankfully - but you have moved me...almost to tears...so send me a link to make it easy and I'll sponsor you.
Love the jet steams too - we hardly see them in the city of course.

Jan said...

I've just sponsored you Chooky - have lost some precious people to various forms of cancer - my darling dad, dear friends and relatives... too many. Bless your big heart for doing this - I hope your knees hold out. Oh, and your photos are great, as always, and your blocks are just splendid.

Jan said...

I've just sponsored you Chooky - have lost some precious people to various forms of cancer - my darling dad, dear friends and relatives... too many. Bless your big heart for doing this - I hope your knees hold out. Oh, and your photos are great, as always, and your blocks are just splendid.

Julia said...

Just donated Chooky....good thing you had your photo there, so many Donnas....
I lost my dad and dil's dad to cancer.
Well done.

simplestitches said...

hey Donna, can you please send me the link, I would like to sponsor you too. thanks