Sunday 30 April 2023

zoom zoom and more zoom..........

 So last weekend I was hoping to do a big zoom day except I forgot about the power outage............

So I just planned a early morning session until the power went out...........
I hoped on again when I got back home and the power was back on..............the frustrating thing was it was only off for less then 2 hours but they had scheduled 6 and when they do that they usually need that whole time.........anyway this pic is from the morning.......I did pop in for awhile in the evening also........I worked on a sashiko piece i'm still stitching........I missed getting another photo...

I had a couple of quick zooms with some of the Scrub Stitchin' girls also.........
Wow it's really a few weeks now since we were together..........
&&&
Yesterday it was cloudy and rainy and cooling down..............I was achieving nothing, felt like being social so I thought I would see who was around...........
just under 20 people popped in thru the virtual door while I was on..........
I forgot to take a photo...........
I didn't have any sewing with me as I was inside and it was raining so I just sorted some papers while chatting...........
couple hours turned into a few more but it was a lovely way to spend the day catching up......
&&&
Anyway while I finish tidying up from Scrub Stitchin' (more posts to come) I am starting to prepare for the Chookshed's 11th Birthday early June........
She's a bit messy at present.........you know how I got the air con [super excitement].........that lead onto getting the wiring redone [super mess]..........which has lead on to deciding to line the roof in a few weeks[super mess remaining]..........which may lead to repainting [not a great painter]........BUT she's having a bit of work done........
&&&
Do you know early June it will be 3 years since we have been hanging out on zoom...........now we are known as the Chookshed Stitchers and I will be hosting a party online it will be joint with the online Chookshed Birthday party...........thinking this will be the weekend of the 27th May - pencil it into the calendar and there will be more news soon about that......
BUT it should be a big one.......thought i'd give you a heads up........
Anyway beautiful rain all day yesterday.........22mm
Winter is certainly slipping in.....
the sun's shining so I can get the washing done.......
Enjoy your Sunday.......
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue.......

12 comments:

Susan said...

was a very pleasant way to spend my afternoon.
good luck with the "mess".

Jennifer said...

I enjoyed the chat until I needed to leave! That date....hmmm, could be a clash with my 'real' group (as opposed to the 'unreal' group!). I'll see what I can do.

Lin said...

Really need to catch up with you all again soon - the party weekend is definite for a drop in. xx

Janice said...

It was a nice way to spend a rainy afternoon yesterday. We had 35mm of gentle soaking rain. Lovely. I’m looking forward to party time.

cityquilter grace said...

missed all of them darn! next time i hope! note on calendar for the zoomiversary!

loulee said...

You get lovely rain and we get fog!
Oooh! A party, but that is my weekend to work. Sigh, I may have to see if I can book a day of annual leave.

dq said...

It was nice catching up with you ladies. I haven't posted mine yet - super behind on even finishing Scrub Stitchin' and my trip.

jude's page said...

Was good to catch you on zoom for a short time, had to leave for a Nana nap, lovely to get the rain, will see how the party date works out

Christine B said...

Sorry not to have been able to zoom. We had a very emotional weekend here as we said goodbye to our dear little dog Poppy. I will try for 27 May but it may be difficult as my son's wife is expecting another baby due 30 May and my daughter gets married here at home on 3 June so things may be a little hectic!! Christine xx

Janet O. said...

Always a delight to pop in and join the conversation, even if I am out on a walk. ;)
I will pencil in the party weekend and hope to be able to join in at some point!

kiwikid said...

Great way to spend a rainy afternoon, sorry I missed the call. Good luck with the Chookshed renos.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

So behind on blog reading... just caught up on a lot of yours! So many lovely photos of scrub stitching - really need to plan ahead and try to be there next year!!!xx