Tuesday 15 July 2008

FQS Mystery BOM block 1........

Well I got this in the middle of all “crazyness” here but the last few nights I had a play and look what I made………this is the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Designer block of the month…………block one designed by Brenda Riddle………..love the colours in this one………..block two must be nearly here……………brilliant instructions…………..

and Peg I am counting this as 1 finish............lol...............I know you wanted whole quilts etc but with the time I have had lately this may be the only thing I get done................lol...........

&&&&&

Oh and I signed up for Linda’s Bag Swap now………….yes Linda I am crazy………….but you have left us plenty of time to make it…..

&&&&&

And on the lamb front 3 going really well, 1 died and I am sure another one will……………dam temperamental things they are…………thank goodness my kids are well tuned to the life cycle so no tears just a sad report and arguing over who was going to take it away………..and I have hardly had to feed them since the kids are still home on school holidays…………just some mixing milk………..

&&&&&&

Christmas in July.................

for all those Christmas lovers Kerry has the pics on her blog of the Christmas kits...............and if you think some of this may be to hard one of the Janelle, Natalie or Kerry will be available all the time.........and there are lots of extra pics for help...........head over and check them out now............they look great...........

...take care til next time.............Chookyblue..........

18 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Bad luck about the lamb Donna, but as you say, that's farm life. Love your banner! And the mini-quilt you received in your last post is just gorgeous. Enjoy your BOM quilting!

Lorraine said...

i have the pack from the FQS with the block and instructions....still unopened in my sewing room....I have a few other things to get on with, but pleased to hear the instructions are good.....sorry about the lamb losses it is hard if they don't get that first drink from their Mum they sometimes don't make it....One year I had the biggest, fattest and most healthy looking lamb and it just keeled over one day....like you say...temperamental! Nothing like farm life to give you the ability to cope with just about anything life will ever throw at you!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your Mystery BOM Block - great block design - it would look great as a whole quilt in that block. Hope the rest of the lambs do well.

Leanne said...

I like the colours in that block......sad news of the lamb....I would be hopeless on a farm.

Jenny said...

That block turned out so well and the colours look great. Hope your surviving lambs are doing well-I signed up for the bag swap too-thanks for letting us all know!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! Love your finished block - I think it should count as a finish!! I've also signed up for Linda's bag swap and am seriously thinking of having my head examined - but it sounded like so much FUN!! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope you're having a good day! Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OK....nice finish...LOL...will add it to the lis well done...

Candace said...

Your block looks great, lovely colors. Sorry about your lamb.

Scottish Nanna said...

Your Block looks great Sorry about your lamb That is the sad part of Farming.
Hugs Mary.

Cathy said...

Great colours and very good corners in the BOM.....sorry about the lambs...and thanks for the links more things to do...Yipee!!...some more hours in the day would be good!! Cathyxx

Tone Yvonne said...

Hi Donna

Congrats on finishing one on Peg's challenge :o) I'm workin on my number two hoping to make it, had my heart set on finishing three quilts...... ;-D

Had a great time on holiday, will blog about it later ( I'm doing this from work....).

Have a wonderful day!!

Unknown said...

Nice Block Donna do love the Colours.....looking forward to seeing the next one.
cheers
maree

Jeanne said...

Isn't that a pretty block! I saw Pam's (mama spark)when we met a couple of weeks ago. Love the fabrics, too.

maria said...

I am thinking about doing the bag swap too. I've never done a swap before and have just signed up for Helen's at Hugs n Kisses "I'm a Stitchers Angel swap". Sarah at If only I had Chocolate did an on line laugh when I told her i might do two swaps!

Unknown said...

This is a FINISH...

sewkalico said...

Lovely block!! I am MAD too (with capitals) as I also signed up for Linda's bag swap, but it sounded such fun!

Solstitches said...

Love the quilt block. Wonderful fabric and design.
Another mad bag swapper here and we both know whose fault that is!

Threeundertwo said...

I just made this block too. Isn't it lovely? So sorry about the lamb, glad it's not traumatic for the kids.