Friday 24 June 2016

Lucy blocks......

I'm not sure what I have shown you of my Lucy Boston blocks...........I've got 20 of mine done now and 18 of Sandy's BOM with more 3 cut to join up..........
I'm going to share over a few posts my blocks as I don't think I have posted many here............
Block 1
Block 2
Block 3

Block 4
The block above and below contain the exact same fabric in the 4x4 centre fussy cut pieces.........
Block 5

i've been taking out heaps of papers...........they'll all get reused.....and I was running out of papers again.....
I give the blocks a squirt of starch and press and remove the papers immediately.......the fresh ironing helps with the glue........
I use a tailors awl to slide in along underneath and release the glue from the papers.........then flip all the papers out...........(well except for the outside round)
i've been playing with the edge and corner too.............
last week i finally got this one finished of the BOM..............number 16.......it got left aside as one of the brown blocks needed better placement of the paper and I had just kept putting it off........took no time to finish once I unstitched and re-glued the paper...........
&&&&&
Stay warm if your in the south east of Oz.........just a freezing cold few days here now........it's windy outside......very chilly...........the fires great keeps the chills out......might need to shove an extra piece of wood in.........
Catch you later...... 
Chookyblue.....

21 comments:

Martina said...

Lovely blocks! We enjoy the sun but it is very hot these few days! After the rainy days it is just like a shock, but it will cool down a little bit today. As a swiss I just love moderate warmth, lol!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful! Even got our fire on up here......

Helen said...

Love your blocks Donna.... they are coming along nicely.

Susan said...

Love your Lucy blocks....all that fussy cutting is worth it!....very windy here to night....and cool.

Ondrea said...

Wow! You have done a wonderful job with those blocks. Sometimes the fussy cutting messes with my head and I need to try later. I still baste with thread as I get in an awful mess with glue lol. Easy to pull out the papers though. Great to see your beautiful blocks. A cold winter's day today with hail. Missed it last year...was in the UK lol.

Maria said...

Loving those beautiful LB blocks.....

Raewyn said...

Your blocks are gorgeous - what a beautiful quilt they will make!

Susan said...

You've been very busy. Love the fussy cutting. I reuse my papers too.

Anonymous said...

Wow chooky these are all beautiful,well done my friend .....

Dasha said...

You've done a great job of those blocks Chooky. Lovely colours and looking very pretty on your blog header too. The sun is out here, so even though its cold, its not unpleasant.

barbara woods said...

Beautiful blocks

Maria said...

Your Lucy blocks look wonderful! Very clever fussy cutting and some gorgeous fabrics give stunning results!

Elyte said...

Looks like you are having lots of fun with your fabrics and blocks. They all look gorgeous. Very cold here but as we have passed the shortest day it is all up from here.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful blocks, love how you have fussy cut Chooky. Cold here today but at least the sun is out sometimes which makes you feel warmer!!

Tarnyia said...

Love your "Lucy blocks", great fabrics... I just don't have the patience for hand sewing these but love them xxx

Wendy said...

Your "Lucy" blocks are just beautiful! Love the fabrics you are using.

Wendy said...

Your "Lucy" blocks are just beautiful! Love the fabrics you are using.

Lin said...

Great blocks - interesting to see how you will put them together. xx

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Beautiful blocks! So let me get this straight in my befuddled brain - are you undertaking TWO Lucy quilts, or mixing Samdy's blocks with your blocks to make a HUGE quilt?
( Me, am still plodding along, will have to recount how many I have done; not nearly as many as you, though)

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Beautiful blocks! So let me get this straight in my befuddled brain - are you undertaking TWO Lucy quilts, or mixing Samdy's blocks with your blocks to make a HUGE quilt?
( Me, am still plodding along, will have to recount how many I have done; not nearly as many as you, though)

Fiona said...

they are lovely... good idea with the taylors awl...
fire on 24/7 at the moment.
Hugz