Thursday 11 June 2009

back again..........

I'm back (not that I went anywhere)............had a lovely time with the visitors...........as it was so wet and rained a little even while the visitors were here we didn't get to go yabbying or do the bbq sausage sizzle at the dam...........we did have a little bonfire but it started to shower so that was the end of that............the days were coolish but beautiful and sunny for most of it..........went to the rodeo and also a very brief visit to a quilt show.........sorry no pics didn't take the big camera and the point and shoot is playing up...........

(a paddock flower- love the colours)

no time for sewing............today I am shut in the kitchen with the fire it has been freezing cold here...........we had a big frost this morning..............I know nothing compared to you girls that get snow but this is about as cold as it gets at my part of the world.............the southly winds are coming off snow somewhere...........going to put another piece of wood in the fire...........

.........take care til next time.............
.......Chookyblue..........

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right about now I'm so thankful for my house being temperature controlled at a lovely 22 degrees! Just ran outside to the shed for some more bread from the freezer... BRRRRR! Hope you can get warm and stay warm! :)

Lurline said...

So pleased you had a nice time regardless of weather, but , oh, isn't it nice to get the rain?
Hugs - Lurline in Rainy Perth♥

Teodo said...

Donna I'm happy you had a nice time with your visitors.

I come back from the sea and now here is time is very hot.

I love your Robert Kaufman fabrics.........ciao ciao

Helz said...

Lovely Frost here too this morning Chookyblue... Wishing I still had the Wood Heater that I've just exchanged for an Inverter... Lol Just not the same kind of warmth after all...

Sweet P said...

I hope you stay warm by the fire. Perhaps working on some sewing will help keep you warm.

Cathy said...

I think the snowy air is blowing from Tassie...you should see the snow on the Mountains around Launceston...brrrr!! Cathyx

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Donna! BRRRR!! It's cold and nasty here in Toowoomba, too! They're predicting 0 or a bit below tonight - think I'll just stay in bed for the rest of winter and come back out in September - always knew I was meant to be a bear who hibernated for winter! :0) Stay snug and warm! Bear Hugs! KRIS

limpingalong said...

Just in case you don't know, the flower pictured is Silver-leaf Nightshade. They grow here in Texas, also.