Friday 30 August 2013

i'm nuts I know but yes it's on...........

So whats on you ask.............
If you have done the previous 6 years you know exactly what's on..........

I am way beyond busy at the moment but I know some of you have emailed me....
"is it on???" 

I have agonised about this for weeks now - should I do it, could i do it, how ???
I though my SSCS buddies who have done it every year would be disappointed like me at Christmas time with no swap present to open since this will be the 7th year....

Well thanks to Googy Girl @ Too Many Eggs the SSCS Secret Santa Christmas Swap will run this year........so you may get emails from either of us...........
2007 - 80+
2008 - 156
2009 - 118
2010 - 108
2011 – 135
2012 – 103
2013 - ?????

If you want to see what happened in previous years go to my labels and choose Secret Santa Christmas Swap or SSCS08, SSCS09, SSCS10  SSCS11 SSCS12 (or just after xmas there are a pile of posts of presents each year)

If you're a regular you know the drill but if your not sure of the details you can read the rules from last year before you sign up.............this is the link.....(added below).....

If you want to join email (chookybluesscs at gmail dot com)(not my usual address)
Then Googy Girl or I will then email you a link for a form to complete. We both have access to that email address.

You can leave a comment on this post but to get the form you need to email the above address.............

This swap won't be open for very long at all so decide quickly...........

PLEASE DON'T BLOG ABOUT THE S W A P  UNTIL IT IS CLOSED....

If you have only come here to join the swap and never visited before this isn’t the swap for you......this is for my regular visitors......
*************CLOSED*************
Let the fun begin...........
Chookyblue 

PS don't forget to thank Googy Girl for helping make it possible this year

PSS swap details added 


The rules are simple
NO 1 Make a beautiful gift (love, time and effort required) – you can make whatever you want eg, bag, wall hanging, stitchery, table runner, Christmas theme (optional) ...send something you would love to receive... 
(not something you whip up in a couple of hours)

NO 2 Make a small decoration that can be hung on a Christmas tree (simple or fiddly up to you)

### Don't tell anyone who your SSCS partner is please. This is a secret until they receive their parcel or Christmas Day shhhhhhhhh!!!!!! A different person will be sending to you....

### international postage essential (think about weigh of parcel)

### You need to have an active blog .....posting a couple of times a month.... so your partner can sneak a peek and get ideas of what to make for you and they know you are active.....therefore existing

###  Postage is between 18th and 22nd November to ensure your partner gets their present before Christmas (reason for swap)

### Make sure you "thank" your Santa - very important and post about your present when you receive it..........

### If you are difficult to contact you may be dropped from the SSCS.....several times between now and the deadline I email out and you MUST reply...so if you are going away for a week or 2 just let me know

### If everyone can follow the above it will make for another very successful SSCS..... less headaches for me.........

### Any problems make sure you contact me sooner rather than later

Please don't sign up
  • if you are not prepared to send (non-senders are named)
  • if you’re too busy
  • if you’re not committed to making and sending quality handmade gifts

50 comments:

loulee said...

I'd love to take part again, but I'm really not sure where we will be. UK? NZ? Confusing for me, never mind a swap partner. I'll cry off and hopefully join in again next year.

Kate said...

I'm in again Chooky, will email you tomorrow x

Susan said...

Please count me in, email sent. X

Anonymous said...

you are a gem
googy girl,hip hip hooray,xx

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiona said...

yay, yay, yippeee, yay yay....

Hip hip horray to both of you...I have emailed


Hugz

creations.1 said...

have fun girls - I am already part of 2 secret santa swaps so that will do me. Looking forward to all the posts just after xmas though!!

Larissa said...

Ooh, I would really like to be a part of this swap, so I'll have a good hard think about it over the next 24hrs and get back to you ;) ... Enjoyed seeing everyone's items last year!!

Cheryll said...

Big THANK YOU to the two of you! Trish... you are a great friend for doing this!
I am so looking forward to playing this year! :)

gracie said...

I was hoping. ?..I am in again! Email on the way.

Maria said...

Oh yes please!!! thank you to you both..
Look forward to my second year....
E-mail on way soon.

Susan said...

Go Chooky Go!!! and Googy Girl.

yep you probably are nuts but everyone will love you both for doing it.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I think I love you. But you already knew that....

rockgranny said...

I didn't participate last year and really missed my SSCS present under Christmas tree...
Thank you girls

Wendy said...

Yay!!!I am so happy you are running this again this year...this will be my fourth year to join in...I have sent an email your way...thank you Chooky and Googy Girl for making this swap happen for us again this year!

lousnewsandcraftycreations said...

Would love to join you all,I have not had the courage to join a swap before.x

Indigo Blue said...

Really enjoyed this last year so I am now off to email.
x

Grethe said...

At last looking forward to Christmas 2013! Have emailed you :-)

Sherry said...

Yeah Chooky & Googy!!

Email has already been sent. I've only missed 1 of these & I was really sad about it.

Can't wait to see where my package goes this time around!!

Hugs to both of you for putting in all the work to do this again.

Ruth said...

Just emailed you about joining again wouldn't miss it.

DeeDee said...

email sent.. thanks Googly Girl.. :D
You guys are awesome for doing all this work... thanks so much..

Jan said...

Oh goody! And thanks for helping out, Googy Girl. I'm in (again); emailing now.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

I have just emailed. Huge thank you Chooky and Googy Girl. hugs

Michell said...

Loved it last year and looking forward to this year. Already know what I am doing for too

Sonia said...

huge thank you for doing it again, so love doing it....its my Christmas highlight, sent off my email....looking forward to it.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Been part of this for every year. can't stop now....thanks Chooky and Googy..

Quilt Kitty said...

Include me too please Chooky. xx

FloS said...

:D
What a good news !!! Thank you both of you !
Florence

AnitaS said...

Ithank you both for organizing my favorite swap.

Raewyn said...

woohoo, thank you, I would love to take part! Sent off my email!

Satu said...

You are super-Elf, Chookyblue! And I'm glad you found an assistant to organize SSCS in this year too! I think there is no Christmas anymore without SSCS!

suzeblack said...

Chooky and Googy...sounds like a match made in heaven!! Last year was my first year and enjoyed it so much.....signing up right now..

Frederika said...

That looks like fun.
I think i sign up.

Anonymous said...

I'm in again... Can't stop now :)

chrisi said...

yes i be back, E-mail send

simplestitches said...

thanks for hosting this awesome swap again...and welcome aboard to Googy Girl
(still laughing at suzeblack's comment above....)
email sent
xxxx

Nicky said...

Wouldn't miss it for anything, thanks to the two of you for running it for all of us...off to email you now.

Carole said...

Ya know, I downloaded the Freely app just this morning to check on the SSCS 2013. So glad you are doing it again. I've been there since the beginning! Thank you to Googy Girl for helping out. Hugs

Annik-Snor said...

Have emailed you, I would love to join.

Anne Heidi said...

THANK YOU!!!!! I just sent an e-mail, you are both so sweet, Christmas would not be the same without a swap present or two under my tree :-)

May Kristin said...

Can't stop now, after 6 years! Count me in, please! E-mail on its way!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

I have to be nuts, with a wedding Oct 12 (oldest daughter) but will have plenty of time, I have to jump on board....will email you, Hugs, Mary

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Thinking....thinking....will get back! Thanks Gals!

Sandi said...

I think I am weakening...should I join another swap...mmm oh ok, you can stop twisting my arm now..lol

Sharm said...

Have just sent the email!

Sharm said...

Cute little flower & I love that your plane is in the background! One to remember!

Anthea said...

I have just sent an email - hoping I'm not too late. I so enjoyed my first SSCS last year.

Odette said...

Hola Donna. puedo participar todavia?
Saludos
Odette

Odette said...

Hola Donna
Todavia hay tiempo para inscribirse?
Saludos

Odette

Jenny said...

Wow it can't be that time again surely!! I haven't missed one yet! Thanks to both of you for doing all the organising for this mega but wonderful experience :)