Tuesday 30 May 2017

highs and lows...................

A high is this lovely parcel that arrived from Gail@Gails Place in the USA...........
thankyou so much Gail..........so very thoughtful.........
A cute chook fob, a great fat quarter that will make it into one of the Lucy quilts.............and a badge that says "intentional design element" (not a mistake).........
the high the sunset today..............the low I need wind  (pump the windmill) and rain desperately..............Kate usually brings wet weather with her to the Chookshed party but doesn't look promising this year...........the cows knocked the trough lid off and emptied the tank again............this supply also comes to the house so yes no water.......we have some rain water but with it being so dry that is also being treated with extra care.........and the dam in that paddock for that mob of cows is also the buggered one so they need to me moved ASAP............I opened a couple of gates but it was to dark to move the cows..........Mr Chooky will have to do that first thing in the morning............
Awhile ago I got an order from the The Singer Featherweight Shop...some parts for my new featherweight 222 I have not shown you and also some parts for my for my other old machines..........lots of little white envelopes with ricrac around......... I accidentally deleted the first pics I took..........anyway so handy for parts, how to look after your machines etc........
I must show all my machines at some stage......they all have stories to go with them............it's becoming an addiction..............
ok best go.....
winter sure is here today........
we had our first frost............
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue..............

Keeping the love of blogging alive

18 comments:

Maria said...

A beautiful thoughtful prcel from Gail....gorgeous sunset 🌅
Sure hope it rains soon.....

sunny said...

I'm sure being a farmer must be very rewarding, but oh so difficult! I can't imagine having to deal with Mother Nature at the level you must deal with. Beautiful pictures! And a reminder that I need to place an order with THe Featherweight Store. See you this weekend!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I remember how dry it was for you quite a few years back and I do hope it will never be that dry again. I wish I could send you some rain! Have fun with your 222.

Gail said...

Wish I could send some of our rain your way! We still have flooding thought the south of the state. Some of the lakes are 13 feet above normal! Glad you liked the little giftie, enjoy.

Robin said...

So sorry to hear about your water woes. We had frozen pipes a few winters ago and had to go 3 weeks without running water, taking sponge baths, heating water to do dishes etc. (There was running water in our shed, just not the house.) It sure makes life difficult. I hope you can get whatever you need soon.

Sue SA said...

B****r about the lack of water! So hope you get some rain soon. Would love to see your vintage machines sometime. I have a delightful vintage toy sewing machine but cannot get a needle for it - because its Australian made. One day (when I get a sewing room again) I am going to get a featherweight. Everyone I know that has one loves them.

Katie said...

Oh yes! I’d love to see your machines. Sorry about the water issues. No fun. :-(

kiwikid said...

Beautiful parcel you received!! Sorry to hear of your water issues, wish we cojld sen dyou some of the rain we have been having. Would love to see your machines too.

barbara woods bewtjw@gmail.com said...

Don't you just love that we have the feathweight shop and they are so nice, have helped me on facebook with problems i was having and got them fixed right away

Michelle Ridgway said...

Lovely highs. I hope you get some rain soon Chooky!

Susan said...

Fingers crossed for rain...You have a machine collection?? - oooh aaah...show us

Lin said...

Lovely post and a great sunset. We are complaining about the lack of rain here but we are fortunate that we do not rely on it for our livelihood and count our blessings. Hope it rains for you soon. xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

We got 30 spots last night.... thoughtful parcel...❤️❤️❤️

Rachaeldaisy said...

If I see any rain clouds I'll send them your way. It's always fun getting sewing related goodies in the mail!

Janice said...

It will rain one day. Let's hope it is soon. I love the sunset. Your little collection from the Featherweight Shop looks interesting. I'll have to have a bo peep.

loulee said...

It's always a high to get lovely mail. I hope you get some rain soon too. xx

Jenny said...

I hope it rains for you soon and so sad I am not coming to the chook shed party. I will not miss it next year but I will come visit soon for my own party with you. I really need to get a cord for my treadle.

Fairy Floss Stitches said...

you had that machine well hidden!!... I have machine envy!!... always wanted a singer 222 or 221!!