Tuesday 5 June 2018

the Chookshed Party wrap up...........

Thanks to all you girls who joined in the party celebration.............while google is still being a big pain in the butt and not emailing comments for the moment a work around is to leave the first comment on your own blog post as soon as you  publish it and tick the "notify me" or "email follow up comments"  and (if you are not no reply) the comments left will be emailed to you..........the only thing is they all come thru as no reply but atleast you know someone commented....................NO point replying in the comments on your blog no one that I know of goes back there to read a reply left there.............So I have read all your comments and appreciate them but won't be replying as it is too hard at the moment and i just don't have time...............I am still commenting as usual even though people aren't replying as I am hoping it is fixed soon..........
Although the serious lack of communication is pathetic from google..........
BUT 
back to the 6th Chookshed birthday party..........
As soon as Googy and Sonia arrived Thursday I had them out feeding with me...............
Then Friday we got to relax........
We were stirring up a coupe of friends with this photo...........cheers.....
Googy Girl played with her version of Lucy.............
She had a self imposed deadline of having all the main blocks complete by the weekend.........

Kate got a crochet lesson from Sonia and got the last 3 colours finished on this crochet rug.............
Sonia must have taught Kate well as she got the crochet done on her new pillow cover.........
Googy and Sonia had left by this time...............
Kate pretended to be useful on my bike............
So funny........I went out one morning and lamby was out the back......she had come up near me............I opened the door and walked into the shed......and she jumped on the deck and wanted to walk into the chookshed...........too funny.........guess she knows where the love was first given to her...........at the Chookshed birthday party 2 years ago she arrived wrapped up in a coat..........wet and cold..............fattest sheep on the property now..............she gets all the best food as she helps herself..........
Sonia gave me a present.................OMG how good does it get............a blue chook...........thanks heaps Sonia...........
Yes there is little to no sewing from me.............I got a hanging sleeve on a quilt........Friday when I stopped my body stopped too.......I was so tired i barely got anything done...........but you know what all that matters is my buddies were here for the weekend...........we all needed the circuit breaker from life..........we laughed we stirred each other up.........we said all kinds of things that others never would and we all had a great time together.........and they couldn't careless the house is covered in dust......disorganised chaos..........
Googy sent me this yesterday............not sure where she found the words........but she put it over a photo she took here on the weekend..............
I belong to the best Tribe..........
And you girls who joined us on the weekend are also part of the Tribe..........
Thankyou..........
If you joined the Chookshed party in the comment leave a link to your post so others can pop by too maybe say hi too.......
Catch you later...... Chookyblue......

22 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

post

Fiona said...

always good to have a break from 'normal' things...
Hugz

Clare said...

Loved sewing this weekend knowing you all were as well. :) Say Hi to Kate from me. Looks like you all had fun. Happy Stitching.

Sonia said...

Big hugs, Thankyou again wish we was still there❤️��

jude's page said...

Looks like you all had a great time, and sometimes it's really ok to not get much sewing done, the social side is important too. Quilters retreats are the best.

Jeanette said...

Looks like you all bad a fun, fabulous time. I planned to join in & sew but my head said no & out i went with a migraine. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Woncerful to mm have birthday weekend again and to have your tribe around.

Maria said...

I enjoyed partying along with you and the girls
https://maria-lifeontheblock.blogspot.com/2018/06/fun-filled-weekend.

Googy Girl's Lucy is lovely, great Kate you got crochet lessons from Sonia'
Love your wooly visitor.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Nothing like friends and a bit of fun to ease lifes pressures. Love everyone's projects xx

Lin said...

Glad you had a lovely relaxing weekend. Thanks for the invite to join in, it has been fun. xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Loved partying along with you girls even if I wasn’t there....what a beautiful Tribe!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

OMG....you party animals...another amazing gathering ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Oddbjørg said...

I'm sure you had a great time together. I had hoped to spend some time sewing Friday and Sunday. But unforunately I had to change my plans, so no stitching during the weekend!

Jenny said...

I was thinking of you all out there. I remember well when lamby arrived in the rain. I sewed at our group retreat while you guys sewed out there. Looks like lots of fun and a bit of relaxing for you Chooky

Narelle said...

Sorry I missed the party :(
My planets are no where near any sort of alignment at the moment.
Love being in this Tribe xx

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It doesn't get any better than this!!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Glad you had a lovely weekend.. love that chook!! I joined in for part of the weekend... https://www.daysfilledwithjoy.com/2018/06/06/time-flies-and-so-do-i/ xx

sunny said...

Glad your party was such a huge success! I stitched along all weekend, but since blogger is being so nasty, I didn't spend much time on the computer.

Raewyn said...

SO good to see you had such a good weekend and I hope you are feeling well rested and revived after the time with the girls. I didn't quite make it to the party although I did have the best of intentions :-)

Mia said...

Wow, Chooky! I am glad to see that you had such a great time! This was a stunning party! Kisses, my friend.

Diane-crewe said...

looks like you all had a wonderful time x that chicken is gorgeous xx

loulee said...

Looks like a fantastic celebration.