Saturday 13 February 2021

brighten up.....

A quick weekend away recently..........I was hunting for a particular thread..........no luck with the thread but I did find these lovely fabrics............I've been thinking of a couple of photos in this post by @Me and My Quilts and I just can't get them out of my head..........I've wanted to make a bright quilt for a long time but those pics of her shelves just won't leave me so I have started my collection........
no idea what I will make yet BUT i have started the collection........
I had a quick trip away finding accommodation for Fairy Girl..........
While I hate the actual beach.....sand yuk....I do love the view..........
I prefer the bush better but it is nice to see.....
OK best go.......got a few quilts back from quilting but need to take some pics.....I started this post days ago and only getting to hit post now........
Life happens........
Hoping to get some bindings attached........one or two already prepared ages ago.........I need to get two quilts out the door ASAP.........
Stay Safe...........
Catch you later.........
Chookyblue......

22 comments:

Maria said...

Such gorgeous fabrics and the beach looks very inviting... as you know sand doesn’t bother me.....
And I enjoy the peace of the bush too!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks for the shout out! Happy to be an influence, enabler, inspiration, etc. (better than being a nuisance).

Chris said...

Look at all that WATER!!!!

cityquilter grace said...

lovely fabrics...if you look up 'bright' in the dictionary, it says kaffe fassett...LOL

Jeanette said...

Nice bright fabrics. How did you go with the accommodation hunt? I'm not keen on the beach either for the same reason but i do like the views. Nice photo's of the water. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Beautiful bright fabrics for your collection. Hope you got Gairy girl settled in ok. I love the sand between my toes 😁 the bush is good in small doses for me. (I am a coastal person!!)

Ondrea said...

Wow! Those cheery fabrics are so different to your previous fabrics you posted on the blog. I look forward to seeing how you use them. Lol, I live in a coastal area and hardly ever go to the beach in 30 years.

Janet O. said...

Such vivid colors--in the Kaffe fabrics AND the ocean!
I love playing in the sand at the beach. I just don't love that so much of it comes home with me.

Karen's Korner said...

You are off to a good start with your bright collection. Looking forward to seeing your future additions and end result.

Lin said...

Oh how I love those fabrics! Just gorgeous. I love the sea but am not a beach person - winter beaches with crashing waves are my favourite. xx

Janice said...

Have fun with your Kaffe fabric. Oh, to have shelves as neat and inspiring as Julie's. I hope Fairy Girls is all settled in now. I'm with you, the sea side is nice to visit occasionally, but I'm happy to head inland again.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Looks like you are well on your way to a very vibrant and bright quilt! I hope you find just the perfect pattern to make.

Cheryll said...

OOhh NiCe colours in that fabric collection... EnJoY finding more...xox

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Gorgeous fabrics and beautiful views! I live and work on the water but I hate the beach too. Sand yuck indeed!

Lynda said...

Such beautiful Kaffe fabrics. I hope your daughter will be happy in her new place. I can't imagine living away from the coast - the breezes are lifesavers.

Susan said...

What a change from the French Generals and Blues of late - I LOVE them.
and...as you know - give me the coast any day.

Jenny said...

Yep very unusual colours for you. Hope you found somewhere! Oh I do love the beach.

Flickenstichlerin said...

That us what I call bright, lovely fabrics.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

They are so pretty and cheerful. Nice to get away and what a beautiful place to go to. Hopefully this year we can. get to the coast

Carole said...

Ah ... bright indeed. Looking forward to seeing what you do with them. Catch you later. Cheers!

Barb said...

I love the brights!!!! The ocean and beach....

dq said...

I am so in love with those bright, happy fabrics. It will be fun to see your collection grow as well as see what you decide to do with them.