Tuesday 6 April 2021

retreat prep.......

Quick update from my last post.....we ended up getting some great rain........no flooding like the coastal areas and around the north west of the state but just great rain....its a beautiful shade of green now....
###
Finally Scrub Stitchin' is here again.....I cannot wait to get reunited with 'the tribe' they are the best..... Last year was cancelled due to covid....... This year we are right to go ahead thankfully.....I think after the last 12 months we all well and truly know how precious retreats are now....... Time to sew with like minded souls.....
So of course I always pack a mountain of sewing..... It's not that far away..... I'm travelling in my car alone....... So I'm probably crazy enough to throw extra extra extra in.... Better make sure I pack my machine up to take too......
Some show and tell.......
Show and tell is always so wonderful.......I love seeing what others doing....
As I'm the organiser I have lots of other bits and pieces....... Decorations, cheese platter plates + food, music, stuff for kits, extra cords etc......
Anyway I'm sure my car will be loaded once again.......I have already dropped one load as I was going there for something else so it may not be too the roof this year........
But yes I'll share pics.....
If your in lockdown maybe you can pretend you're on retreat with us and show me what you sew over the next few days...  
Stay safe....
Catch you later......
Chookyblue.....


18 comments:

Denice Barker said...

sigh!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited, in a frenzy of packing, making sure I have everything and more of course. Can't wait to see you

Janet O. said...

Lucky, lucky you--and also the others who join you, of course!
Look forward to a report of all the fun.
Glad to hear you had helpful rain, and that everything looks green.

kiwikid said...

Woo hoo, packing happening here too. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

jude's page said...

Will be looking forward to seeing what you are all up to to, thinking of you, I know you will all have a blast, the fairy and I will have our own sewing time "with you". Lots of cutting and sorting happening here.

swooze said...

Have fun!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

You lucky thing!! I would love to be able to run off with my friends for a weekend. Take pics of show and tell for us!!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh what fun! You deserve a sweet retreat! Can't wait to see what everyone worked on. Enjoy!!

Karen's Korner said...

Glad that you got some of that much needed rain in your area. Have a great time and I look forward to seeing what you get done.

ButterZ said...

Sounds like a great time is going to be had. Can’t wait to see some photos. Have fun

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Have fun at your retreat!!

Clare said...

Have fun at your retreat. Look forward to the projects/quilts in progress.

Nemo said...

A retreat? Lucky you! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Lin said...

Have a fabulours time - I shall be thinking of you. xx

Susan said...

Hopefully its also a little greener at Barradine this year.
I am sewing shopping today and will be sewing most of the weekend so will make sure I post so you can check up on me.
Have a fabulous time - after all the organising and setup I hope you can relax and enjoy it.

HUGS

dq said...

Those fabrics are delicious!!!

Janice said...

You did have just a little to bring along. I don’t even think you forgot anything other than masking tape.

Janice said...

You did have just a little to bring along. I don’t even think you forgot anything other than masking tape.