Monday 22 November 2021

sewing marathon results and rain........

As I said in my previous post zoom day started off all international except for me for quite some time..........yes I know I do start early but its to work around some of the time zones.......
As I was on with all the international girls I had to duck out and do a job that took a little longer so I grabbed some flowers on the way back in since there were all talk of winter prep and potential snow..........brighten their day........
As i said in my earlier post I started with epp paper prep doing some gluing........it was mindless and good to do while just chatting away............
But then I picked up Floral Blue Lanterns again.........
you forget how far you have come but this photo was taken in 3rd July. 
Prior to today I had added in the whole right and part of the bottom left with a narrow gap up the centre that I had to sew in.........was not the best idea leaving a U shape.......
This was the end of the day..............now to decide if it is the size I want and if that's it to start the edge pieces.............Sounds like I have tempted several girls to think about making this quilt..........yippee....
another photo from during the day.......thankfully Sylvia in Germany didn't miss this zoom......she really does make an effort and no matter what time of day night it is she will join us......
so nice to see everyone again.........we had Sandy join us as a newby..........
I think my tally was 27 bloggers popping in and out all day..........
Later in the evening I had to make a dash inside as I could hear rumbling and suddenly packed up and made a mad dash for the house.........
I got the cream blocks added onto this Lucy block...........she's coming together...........
And that ended the night at 10pm with the night owls Annette in Vic and Lou in NZ........
16hrs of zoom sewing, chatting, fixing the problems of the world.......
Storms with heavy rain had been forecast for the weekend......
While I missed them with just a smaller amount of rain 13mm on Saturday night Sunday was a different story on Sunday and we ended up with water front views after another 77mm resulting in 90mm for the total........my front lawn turned into a pool............
This morning it is replaced by a purple carpet of jacaranda flowers.............so pretty........so pleased I got the lawn mowed Sunday morning before the bulk of the rain............
This was a pic of the creek before the rain when I went for a ride between showers to deliver some eggs to the neighbours..........it is flooded now......
a storm building.........
The creek flooded yesterday afternoon........
OK thats all the news for the weekend........
Hope you are all well..........
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue.....

22 comments:

Jackie said...

I hope I can join in on the next Zoom meeting. It would be lovely to meet new crafters, and get some new ideas.

Wow, the creek really grew.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

Very enjoyable Zoom day as always. Next time i should be able to join earlier, i'll make sure i don't need to run out to the shops. :). What a difference in the creek. Pouring rain here now. I didn't get my lawn mowed yesterday because something happened to the mower & now it will be twice as long as it is going to rain all week. Hopefully the mower will be fixed by the time i have a nice sunny day. Hope you can squeeze a Zoom in before Christmas. :) Hugs. xx

jude's page said...

Great photos, sorry about all that rain just as you are in the midst of harvest, although a few years ago I guess you would have been so pleased to get it! Oh the joys of farming and the things you have no control over! Sorry zoom was only a short time, my old laptop did not like being away from a power source.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

It was lovely to catch up - if only for a little while. My visitors arrived about 2 hours earlier than expected, so my sewing time was certainly cut short.
Lanterns is looking fantastic and I look forward to seeing what you decide to do in finishing it.
Enjoy your week!

swooze said...

Your lanterns is looking lovely. I need to find a better mount for my iPad during zoom!

Maria said...

It’s always lovely to catch up on Zoom….
The lanterns look fantastic and do you need to do more?
Nice Lucy Block…
Boy that’s a lot of rain!

Janet O. said...

It was another great time on Zoom. Always a treat!
The flowers really were a lovely surprise. I just have a few snapdragons that are still blooming because they are protected by the deck. Everything else is long gone!
Wow--hard to believe the lanterns could be a finish--if you choose. The top looks grand to me. Do you want it larger? Could you just put a border on it?
Love the effects of your fussy-cuts on the Lucy Boston block.
Your lawn looks beautiful peppered with purple blossoms.
Wow--that rain really came down! Did it do any damage?

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

So fun, I was sorry I couldn't stay longer! But I got a lot done as well, with the top assembled and will go on the longarm today. Thanks so much for putting the Zoom calls together, look forward to the next one!!

Denice Barker said...

Even though I missed it, your attempts to keep us together through Zoom is so appreciated! Thank you!

Rose Marie said...

It was a fun Zoom day! It was lovely seeing those flowers. Meeting and chatting with folks from around the world is so nice to experience. Except for the flooding, it is good to see you had some more rain.

Wendy Caton Reed said...

It was fun to quickly catch up. Sorry I couldn't stay longer. Thanks for hosting another fun chat! Stay dry!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh, and the flowers were amazing! Everything here is brown now. Getting ready for the white stuff!

loulee said...

Wow, your Blue Lanterns look fantastic. Yes, I found and ordered papers for it on Sunday. They have been dispatched and hopefully here very soon. Thank you for sending me chasing yet another squirrel!
It was great to see everyone in Zoom and to see what we were all working on. Thank you gaain for getting us organised.
That's a lot of rain!

Susan said...

Blue Lanterns is going so well - is it the right size? or still pondering?

Rain is good - for you - and hopefully it wasn't too much in one hit.
It was great to pop into the Zoom - but I was still so tired from the week before and as I was out Sunday - I just couldn't do anymore . . .hopefully next time.

Jenny said...

The creel looks , I remember the creek flooding when we were allowed to go to NSW and get home again. The quilt looks great.

Ondrea said...

Your BL quilt is looking fantastic! Looks like you achieved a lot while Zooming. Gorgeous blooms and I love the purple flowers thst sptung up after the rain,

Raewyn said...

HI Chooky - looks like a real marathon sewing and zooming effort for you gals!! I had a marathon child-minding effort and not being a night owl, totally missed your session. Hopefully next time! Wow, your Blue Lanterns look great - so cool to have seen it grow so much over the time...! Great that you got some decent rain; We always say rain now is always welcome even if it floods and causes a mess as it delays the summer dry. I'm looking forward to the day when we have a Jacaranda carpet...we've had our tree for 18 years but it's still 'getting there'!!

kiwikid said...

Blue Lanterns looks fantastic Chooky, you have done heaps. The Lucy block is lovely too. That is a lot of rain to fall in one hit.

Carole said...

I can post comments today! Not sure what is going on with Blogger but sometimes it will crash. Lovely flowers. I had a wonderful time catching up. Such a lovely group. Thank you again for hosting. Cheers!

Flickenstichlerin said...

Wow Chooky, lots of rain made a beautiful little carpet of flowers in your garden. So pretty. Thank you again for the wonderful Zoom meeting, it was so good to chat with all.

dq said...

Sorry I missed you ladies. Twenty-seven bloggers is a ton!
Your flowers in the first photo are gorgeous! I hope the flood didn't cause you any major damages.

Jenny said...

Lovely photos how things change from drought to floods. The country looks so good and it’s the same at home.