Saturday 13 November 2021

Storms, Lucy, nest building.......

Well I wasn't planning a break that long but life gets busy.......things happen good/bad and days wizzzzzzzz by........suddenly it's as good as a month since I blogged...........
What's happened since then.......ran over my phone with the lawn mower....that's now unrecognisable and in a hundred pieces.......
lost quite a few pics but I think that was all..........its the hassle of a 4hr round trip to a shop to get a new one that suited my needs.......and then remembering all the apps you had on the old phone and adding them and logging into them on the new one.........
a storm one day last month............
This month so far for November we have had 55mm and its been very mild.....more like early spring then late getting close to summer..........
Today I would have said it wasn't far from a wintery day........
I didn't light the fire but I did think about it........
I had been playing with some cream bits being added to Lucy blocks....or making the cream units......nothing had happened for weeks now........
I've been following this Willy Wagtail nest and was stoked to find these pics here as I had started this post mid Oct I thought I had lost these pics on my old phone........
they built this nest within a week......2 little willies were so busy.........its a solid well made nest.........
they have babies who have now hatched and not far from leaving home and I have been taking pics daily as they are nested about shoulder height straight out from my bedroom.......
OK must go.......
trying to work out if I can zoom sew next weekend.........
not confirmed yet but keep an eye out if your interested........
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue....

19 comments:

Jackie said...

Nice to see a post from you. The Lucy block is lovely. The cream really stands out.

God bless.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Oh, do show us pics of the Willy Wagtail, we don't have those in the USA. Your blocks are so pretty!

Chris said...

Oh how wonderful a zoom sewathon next weekend. I am ready for one of those. One of the advantages of not carrying around and relying on a cell phone is I don't lose things just the phone itself because it is always either dead or missing.

Maria said...

Willies build such beautiful nests and are wonderful parents…
Lovely Lucy block…
Always great to have a Zoom sewathon.

Rose Marie said...

I should be home next weekend for a Zoom sewathon!

Karen's Korner said...

That nest is a work of art....nature is very clever. Zooming on Saturday sounds good to me at this stage.

Helen said...

Love your lucy block, Beautiful pic of the Nest.

jude's page said...

Good to hear from you, you were missed, bad luck about your phone

Jeanette said...

I miss having the wagtails around. They don't seem to be over here where i am now. Lots of galahs & magpies though. A zoom meetup on Saturday would be lovely. Hugs, xx

kiwikid said...

Oops shame about the phone. The Lucy block is pretty. The wagtails nest is a work of art, we have the birds here but haven't found found any nests yet. I have a commitment next Saturday but might be able to pop in for a while.

cityquilter grace said...

gotta get rid of the mower...lol! hoping zoom happens...

Janet O. said...

That must have been extremely disheartening when you realized what had happened to your phone! And that sounds like a hassle to have to go that far to replace it.
Fascinating nest. I'd love to see photos of the birds and babies.
A Zoom session sounds delightful. Hope it works out, but totally understand if it doesn't.

Lin said...

Such a perfect little nest - how lovely to have them so close. Annoying about the phone! Pretty Lucy block. xx

Jenny said...

Bad luck about your phone and i'ts so good to see rain and storms out your way. I agree it's truly amazing weather for this time of the year

Jenny said...

oh and Zoom sounds great

Carole said...

I read you on losing track of time ... So sorry about your phone. Cheers!

Sandy said...

What a lovely looking storm and the green view is priceless. We have been lucky to score some rain too which is making our November very mild also, so conducive to work in the garden. Love the Lucy block.

loulee said...

Time does get away from us all occasionally. Especially toward the end of the year!
Shame about your phone. What a frustration.
I'm not working this weekend and would love a zoom session, count me in if you do one.

dq said...

I cannot believe how hard those birds work to make nests. It is a beautiful thing in nature for sure.

Love your Lucy block.