Saturday 25 February 2023

zoom $$$$ results.........

Sorry to the girls who were on zoom at the time and I think Sue tried to join later.......my sudden rush off to work....lets just say it was a big week and leave it at that.........onto the good stuff..........
I was working on cutting some more blocks for Chapel Street.......
Slowly they are adding up...........still have not located the first couple of blocks I made in Qld last year.......they will turn up.........
Zoom had a constant group popping in and out all day............I think we had about 18 people join in and a few more donated that could not join..............
For those over seas I just converted to AUD to get an amount 
the great news is we raise $406.38 
for Breast Cancer Network Australia and some international breast cancer charities............
that is a wonderful effort........thankyou to those who donated........
It was a pretty sunrise............
Jude's fundraising is mostly done...........
All up with Jude's 21st birthday celebrations she had raised about $3200 and add our collection for the cause that's about $3600.......amazing effort............
the good thing is Jude is a still donating a % of sales of the goods on her blog link here, here and here...........you might be able to find some lovely fabrics to join your stash...........she also has numerous kits cuts too...........you can grab something this weekend.....sale ends 28th Feb
once I had the blues cut I started cutting into these brights.......
didn't get a photo of where I got up to..............
Anyway have a great weekend.........
Got some domestic goddess things to do here.........tame the yard........then need to organise and move heaps of things in the Chookshed for some more work to happen out there.........
Catch you later..........
Chookyblue.........

14 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

you got me drooling here gal....love those kaffe prints!

Susan Smith said...

Glad to hear it went well and I had money to donate, but Judy wasn't home when we rang,, so didn’t make it there. A few faces I recognize from above. Well done to all. Take care and hugs.

loulee said...

It was a good session. I think we all know what your job is and how important it is at certain times. Have fun with your fabrics. I wonder what you will find? While organising to make way for work in the chook shed.....

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Great result. Love those fabrics!!!

Janet O. said...

Lovely sunrise!
I laughed at Grace's comment. I know how she loves Kaffe fabrics.
When you are in your domestic goddess role do you wear gauzy, flowing gowns? That is the mental image I have of you out taming the yard. LOL

Janice said...

What a great effort. It was fun to be a part of. Chapel Street is going to be so very colourful. I can’t wait to see it come together. Have fun doing lol those chores. I wonder what is happening in the Chookshed?

jude's page said...

Don't stress over having to leave, was a good chat session, keep cutting so we can see what comes next

Maria said...

Great effect !
Your Chapel Street quilt will be fantastic…

Fiona said...

Great effort... well done

Hugz

Susan said...

Excellent work on the fundraising - I am about to contribute more via Jude's sale. I will just blame you!

Those fabrics look so good...really need to find my template now . . . looking ...looking

Ondrea said...

I hope you find those blocks. I still haven't found blocks I mislayed years ago despite 3 massive cleanups in my sewing room They literally vanished! Lovely cheery bright fabrics there.

Christine B said...

You did well with your fund-raising. Sorry I wasn't able to join. Life has been very hectic here! I will keep my fingers firmly crossed for next time! Have a good week! Christine xx

kiwikid said...

I understand you had to rush off to work, no worries, the fundraising was amazing, well done everyone. You have lots of beautiful fabrics there Chooky.

Deb said...

Looks like I have missed so much i am sorry but congrats on the success