Sunday 20 August 2023

random pics in Australia..........


heaps of shots out the front window............just didn't bother you with all of them but there was a lot of driving...........we did a lot of night driving too.............you barely see a car.........can you drive 150kms and not see a vehicle?





big road trains.........so loooooooooooooooong..........

below is further down the road about an hour later.............

My favourite I think from the trip.......termite mounds come in lots of colours and sizes.........

the colours are always changing throughout the day..............







that cliff face above is 64metres



the flowers from the trees above..........













Sometimes I even wonder how I spot the things I find to take photos of when driving along...........


Lots of burning along the sides of the roads...........(sorry driving and through the window)


On the right side of this photo nearly at the middle you can see the top wire of the fence and it had flood debris on it...........this is from the massive floods up north in March this year............
just under 7000kms........(cut off at the QLD border)
some roads great, some rough, some terrible, some dirt.........
finishing with a morning glow..............
In need of some social connection I zoomed a bit on the weekend..............thanks to those who joined in some or all of the shorter sessions..........and welcomed a newby Louise @ USA........
I did some sashiko, stitchery and got my churn dash on the design wall..........only snapped one screen pic......26 Chookshed Stitchers popped in.......some for quick visits to say hi and others longer......
And Sylvia you have Grace chasing you as a super early starter.......well done Grace nice surprise...
finishing off a glorious Sunday afternoon...........
no matter where I go I still get great sunsets at home too.........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue.......

26 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oooh such lovely vistas...talk about big sky country! glad you posted so i can show my mum...will return the favor on my trip...maine is such a beautiful state but nowhere near as flat as oz!

ShinyNewThing said...

So different from the UK, as if it were Mars. You'd be lucky to drive 15 kms here without seeing another car. Maybe not even 5km. Enjoyed the Zoom hangouts!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Thanks for the travelogue, I enjoyed all the scenery!

loulee said...

Some stunning images there Chooky.
Thank you for zooming, I enjoyed it and it got me going on another EPP.

Janice said...

I really enjoyed your photos from your trip. Such a varied landscape. Reminded me a bit of our trip last year. It would have been fun catching up with the girls on the weekend.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wow, that is a lot of flat land! The pictures around the water are lovely.

Maria said...

Great post showing a glimpse of the vast country we live in.
Enjoyed catching up on Zoom.

Tilly said...

O what a beautiful country, love your pictures.

Jackie said...

What a gorgeous place you live in. Wow, those mounds are so interesting. I love the shapes, but wouldn't like the critters that make them.

God bless.

Susie said...

Wow, what an absolutely epic pic, amazing photos for the scrapbook too.

Jeanette said...

Lovely photos. I had a chuckle over the 2 road views. It almost looked like you hadn't travelled an hour down the road. :). I was a little puzzled at first why you took a photo of plastic containers but then i saw the little birds. It was good to have some Zoom time.

Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness that's a long trip......beautiful pics.....no doubt about it, we live in a beautiful country don't we. Sorry I couldn't make zoom but when the new computer arrives and is set up, it should be all systems go.

Lin said...

Stunning photographs! Lots to comment on but I particularly love the sunsets/rises, flowers and the brilliant bird troughs! xx

Janet O. said...

Love the photos from your travels. It was nice to have heard more of the details of them as I look at them here.
Kudos to Grace for being an early starter.
I am liking what I see in your churn dash!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful photos Chooky, makes you realise (once again) what a vast country Australia is.

Fiona said...

Fabulous pictures of your trip.... did you go for some grandie cuddles?
Hugz

Susan said...

some gorgeous pictures Chooky - that termite mound towards the end was very interesting- a lot of faces in it.
but a lot of kms with similar scenery . . . definitely not a solo trip.

It was great that you were able to zoom a lot - and good I could join in 2 out of 3

Ma Betty said...

Ahhh! The pics remind me of my own travels.
After three zooms with you and then a pop-up quilting day yesterday I have now prepared the two quilts I was working on ready for quilting when I have a bit of time again. Thank you.

ButterZ said...

Your photos are so beautiful of this wonderful country we live in. Thank you for zoom. It makes a difference for so many of us.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful photos! Soon, soon, I will be able to zoom again with you all.

Christine B said...

Such beautiful photos of fabulous countryside! Hugs Christine xx

Susan Smith said...

Great photos..........loving the trees, flora & oh....the termite mounds. Certainly not down our way or where we've just traveled down the coast from Sydney back to Gippsland. Thanks for sharing, take care & hugs.

Ondrea said...

You are a good photographer. The pics are lovely.

jude's page said...

Amazing photos, thanks for the tour of our great country, and good to catch up on zoom even if it was briefly

Solstitches said...

Wow! Still taking great pictures of your fabulous country. Australia is magnificent!
Margaret

dq said...

It is such a beautiful country. I cannot believe the winding tree branch. That is remarkable and so interesting!