Sunday 30 July 2023

Just what I needed.........

 Sewing time with friends is just what I needed..........

I finally got my sashiko finished and there were a few of us doing sashiko yesterday.........Lynda, Jo, Janice and myself............it's probably going to be a runner...........

The Chookshed Stitchers had a great turn out yesterday..........

31 people joined in during the day.......But I think this was the most we had on at the one time...14 in the photo below.....We also welcomed a couple of newbies.........Joanne in Canada from Thread Head and Tonje in Norway from Made by Nemo..............both I have added to the left sidebar...............hopefully we weren't to overwhelming for Tonje and Joanne and they join us again...........but it was pretty hectic at the start like always with lots of chatter............just like any other quilt group I imagine............

Thanks Deana for sharing this photo with me.........I forgot to take one earlier in the day.......

We even enjoyed sunrise at the beach thanks to Peta............


I started another Sashiko..........this is one of the new ones I got at The Crafters Cottage

I'm sure I will slow down on the busier hexies.........

Wood cutting after zoom I found these mushrooms on some cow poo...........no I am not going to eat them.......just a cool pic.............

Lunch which I have shared on my cooking blog..........opps apparently those on at the time didn't know I had a cooking blog..........well i've only got a few things there but I know a few of you have cooked some of the things......it's been years since I added anything but I will add this one to it and really should think about adding more..........originally the idea what that I would print it out in the end........like my other blog books.........just it would be full of recipes..........

Also while on zoom I had to go help put some posts in.........
later in the day I took a pic..........
not great but it's more memories and that is why I write this blog.........
Have a great Sunday......maybe back in a few weeks..........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue......


27 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Always a great time zooming with other quilty peeps!

Raewyn said...

It was lovely to catch up for a wee while yesterday - thank you for being the hostess with the mostess. Great to see your Sashiko finished and now you're onto a new one - awesome. See you next time!

marina said...

beautiful stitching.
Was disappointed I couldn't pop in during the day but nana duties called!
hope to catch up next time. Will pop in to meet the newbies...

Jennifer said...

Sorry I couldn't make it after all.....the lurgy which laid me low last weekend left me feeling tired and washed out, and I slept really late. Lovely sashiko you are making, I like the new piece.

Ondrea said...

Oh no! I didn't realise zoom was going to go longer. I thought it was just the morning and couldn't manage it. Sorry! Love your Sashiko and it would look lovely as a tablerunner. Love your new one too. It won't take long.

Janet O. said...

It was just what I needed, too, Chooky. So glad you stayed on longer so I could join in. You kept me company while I sewed in my hotel room. It was grand!
Your finished sashiko is very striking, and the new piece is fun, with the different patterns in the hexies.
I am going to go check out the cooking blog now.
Thanks for the Zoom!

kiwikid said...

Was lovely to see the blogging/zooming ladies even is only for a very short time, lots on on Saturday for us. Went to the Wallabies vs All Blacks game, great for us. Good to see so many joined you on zoom, hopefully I can spend longer next time. Great progress on the sashiko.

Lin said...

Your sashiko looks great Chooky. Sad I missed out but maybe next time. xx

ButterZ said...

What time did zoom finish up. Hope your dinner was nice. Sorry, I thought the dish looked like some frogs in the mud.. ooopsss.
Thanks for the zoom chat…

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Thanks for hosting again, I enjoyed the sewing time and actually got my binding put on. So fun to watch the sun come up in NSW!!

Denice Barker said...

I wish I could have stayed longer but we had things happening, too. But at least I could say hi to who was there. Thanks!

Susan Smith said...

Seems a lot joined in, even though you had to pop out. Is it windy up there? Take care & hugs.

Kris said...

This looks like fun!

Fiona said...

Great work with the Sashiko... I have one like your first one (I have yet to start)...
Hugz

Janice said...

It was a great day of catching up, as always. Good to see you were still able to do some farm stuff and cook while zooming. They multi tasking.

Annelein said...

Love your sashiko stitches...

Susan said...

You certainly had a busy day after zoom - the ingredients for your chicken dish are on my shopping list for tomorrow...though I may cut down on the Korma paste!...but I will be back to visit it again...I'll also send you a variation on your apple & sour cream cake...

Rose Marie said...

Come September, I should be able to join the zoom sessions again. Just too busy here in summer. Bet it was a fun day. Your Sashiko projects look interesting.

Maria said...

Was lovely to catch up on Zoom even for awhile..
Nice stitching on the Sashiko projects ...

annemariesquilt said...

Hi again
This looks like a great group of people :-)
The Sashiko is amazing and looks complicated..

Wendy Caton Reed said...

So sorry I missed it but it was fun seeing Jen Kingwell's quilts and hearing her talk. Kinda felt like you were in the room (if I closed my eyes!). Now, don't take this the wrong way but I hope you laugh - when I read about the mushrooms in the cow poo, I was looking at the curry dish and thinking, "why did the cow poop in a baking dish"? I felt rather stupid when I scrolled up and saw the real photo. I am do for new glasses this week so... plus, I am NO cook, so I guess I might not have noticed anyway. Have a super day!

loulee said...

It was good to join in for a short time, sorry I ditched you for my grandies.

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful pattern...I just googled about the sashiko embroidery...wonderful. Like it a lot. I wish you lots of fun.
p.s. I cooked beef roulades and baked plum cake with yeast dough and crumble for coffee... delicious.
Many greetings to you and happy successes for you.

Barwitzki said...

Beautiful pattern...I just googled about the sashiko embroidery...wonderful. Like it a lot. I wish you lots of fun.
p.s. I cooked beef roulades and baked plum cake with yeast dough and crumble for coffee... delicious.
Many greetings to you and happy successes for you.

Christine B said...

So glad you had such a lovely time. I am sorry not to have been able to participate more with the zoom meetings but I seem to be having a very busy year and have been away quite a lot. Fingers-crossed for next time! Hugs Christine xx

Jenny said...

Sorry I missed you all

Jenny said...

Sashiko looks great. The photos are interesting this week mushrooms ,then dinner hmm wasn't sure. ha ha.