Saturday 15 July 2023

Chookshed stitchers & renos nearly done........

limited sewing time.............but I have been working on this sashiko........
As for zoom.......Yes I mostly start pretty early but I will not apologise for the time I start...........it is the best time to catch everyone if they want to join in............no it will never suit everyone..........but it works for me and yes I have to put effort in also to get on at that time............Have I ever got on and no one joined me...........NEVER............
This pic above was taken at about 6.30am.............below at about 8.30am my time.........the dynamics of the group are constantly changing..........people popping in and out...........
The sun was streaming in and it ended up being a gorgeous morning.........
(my screen is filthy here I see sorry)
newbies are always welcome............just need to be a blogger...........leave me a comment.........and if your not comfortable with zoom most of the girls weren't to start but its second nature now.........but wonderful seeing everyone as we chat away.......this time I did get some sewing done...........
&&&&&
Nearly done with the Chookshed..........hope to hang the curtains back up today and cart the machines back out from the house............just some more cleaning to be done in there also............then re organise everything........
Its looks so nice now........ceiling lined and a fresh coat of paint on the walls too........even lashed out and actually put gloss on the window sills - they only had matt previously...........
just need more time which is not what I have at present but maybe later in August......see what happens.......
Lastly I was so excited last week when I got this egg..........
the girls have been off the lay for a few months..........but they are staring back now.......I had tried everything to encourage them...........
ok best run............
domestic duties call............
also wood cutting and gate welding/fence repair.........
have a great weekend.........
Catch you later.....
Chookyblue.......

24 comments:

Jeanette said...

Sad i didn't get to Zoom. Just to busy Sunday morning. :( My chooks have been of the lay for quite a while too. I hope they start laying soon as i really don't want to buy eggs, especially if the price is going up.

Maria said...

It was lovely you had lots of folk join in for Zoom.
So good the Chookshed is now nearly all done and looking fabulous.
Have a great weekend.

dq said...

Nice looking egg, Chooky! I love seeing the group screen shots. Sorry I was out of service.

dq said...

P.S. Your Sashiko is gorgeous!!!

Susan said...

We know your Zoom sessions are important to you - and we can only do what we can do.
Fingers crossed you can get back into your shed soon (ish). You'll probably just sit & gaze at it for a bit.

Gorgeous shell on that egg....hope the girls get on with it soon.

Annelein said...

Love your sashiko... early stitches are the best!

H&K from Willeke

Lin said...

Your sashiko is looking great - glad to hear the renovations are nearly done. xx

kiwikid said...

Always happy to join in zoom no matter the time, I just need to get the day right!! Hope the rest of the chooks get laying for you. Beautiful sashiko.

Louise said...

Do you zoom at a scheduled time, or just when ever? Thanks, Louise

Denice Barker said...

We love the zoom and appreciate your dedication to keeping it going for us as well as you

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Sorry to have missed this Zoom, but you have it when it is good for you and don't worry about it. I'll join when I can. Yum, fresh eggs!!

Raewyn said...

Your Sashiko is looking great! Good to hear the Chookshed is Nearly Done!! I was so pleased to be able to join in last zoom - even if just for a short time. I raised 8 new chickens that started laying about SS time and have been pleased to have got eggs from them over the winter while the older ones are having a holiday!

Susan Smith said...

Wish I could work out this Zoom thingy, but just can't get on & now have other computer problems too. Too much technology & getting old isn't helping any. We've been busy cutting wood too in this damp, cold weather. Love your Sashiko. Take care & hugs.

Jennifer said...

Sorry I missed it, it was quite a buy weekend and I needed time to sit and draw breath! The Chookshed won't know itself when it's all done.....that's a nice speckled googie....

Ondrea said...

You need not apoligise as you are the one hosting it and people still enjoy your hospitality. Sorry I couldn't join in, would have onle been asleep a couple of hours lol. That Sashiko is a lovely pattern. Chooks are often off the lay during winter and I am sure you enjoyed that egg. My daughter's chooks are not laying much and I remember my silky bantams reduced egg supply over winter despite being incredible layers the rest of the year. Enjoy your new Chookshed.

Deb said...

its always fun no matter what time to be present with everyone around the world I have no complaints because you as the organizer are giving your time freely and I appreciate everyone that comes in and says hello. I love to see what everyone is working on and also what is going on in their world it is all so very interesting to me.
I am not a traveller so travelling this way suits me perfectly! thanks for when you do get a chance to have us all together it is appreciated.
Bravo for the change in chicks laying and I too can't wait till you have your best room in the house done!

loulee said...

It was good to join in with the zoom session. It's great that you try to accommodate everyone, but sometimes your life dictates the times you can be online. That's all good, we all have times like that. Take care of you.

Joanne said...

My dear friend Raewyn tells me how much she enjoys your Zooms and I would love to join too. Thanks!

Narelle said...

I enjoyed the time spent zooming with you all ... one day I'll surprise everyone and join in early (maybe?)

Janice said...

It will be so good to be back in a fully functioning and fresh Chookshed. Your Sashiko is looking good. I must start mine. I for one am happy to join in Zoom whenever suits you. It’s always so good to catch up with the girls from far and wide.

ShinyNewThing said...

How fun to being renovating the chookshed, and get everything nice and new and how you want it. I haven't started the sashiko I bought in Japan yet, will have to ask you for tips.

ShinyNewThing said...

How fun to being renovating the chookshed, and get everything nice and new and how you want it. I haven't started the sashiko I bought in Japan yet, will have to ask you for tips.

Janet O. said...

The Sashiko is looking good!
Chooky, you are so good to invite us to Zoom, and take on hosting responsibility. I just appreciate any time I can join in--even if it is the middle of the night for me. I love the friendships I have made there, and the chance to visit with bloggers I have followed for years, or ones I have just met. You are the best for doing this for us all.
So excited for you to have the newly refreshed Chookshed all finished.
That is a really pretty egg. My grandpa was a chicken breeder, and showed chickens at fairs across the country and into Canada. I used to love gathering eggs from his many coops, and petting the new chicks that were in the brooder. Ah, memories. :)

jude's page said...

Thanks to you Chooky for all the organising that you do for us to Zoom. Was good to catch up even if the visit was short. Been thinking of you, hope to find time for a chat soon. THinking of you. xx