Saturday 28 October 2023

Just what I needed.............

I've been writing this post all week.........anyway better late than never.......
I decided that I needed to have some time with friends so zoom was the solution.....saved driving anywhere and where was I going to go anyway......zoom involves no driving........
I worked on this kit that a friend sent me...........It's a pattern from the book Jelly Roll Jam.......
i'll share more another day but I think I am taking that one to retreat with me if I don't start sewing it before then..........still more cutting to do..........this was just the fabric sections worked out.......1/2 of the strips are cut into their required cuts now.......
massive excitement of Saturday morning was twins.............
Bridget has twins........proud Ma here........I did share some pics and a little video when I was online with the girls............they were only maybe 6hrs old here............trying to work out drinking........funny to watch as Bridget is trying to encourage them but keeps turning around to look at them and moving around in cycles.........lol
Mr Bluetongue was out and about..........I tried to take a little video of him but I missed him poking his tongue out.......its so blue.......
I was a bit lost and I really just wanted to sew and not think so I pulled out this jelly roll........
Simplicity by 3 Sisters........they have such pretty fabrics.......
I decided to make a jelly roll race quilt.........let me tell you this was no race unless it was between snails but of I loved it..........
I used Fairy Girls new machine and it was lovely..........
(it's a few years old now but I had not used it)
So pretty............
Even the pile on the floor was pretty............
But I did get it finished before I left zoom..........thanks friends I sure felt better after that time together..........and your support was greatly appreciated.........
<<<<<<<<<<<>>NOW TO THIS WEEKEND>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I wanted to find some fabrics for borders.......
so I pulled out two boxes of pretties...........
BUT what I found was another quilt I started a very long time ago.......maybe now it is an antique???
long before I knew of standard block sizes........more on that another day.......
BUT I started cutting fabrics to finish that quilt instead because in order to finish the jelly roll quilt I need to sort what fabrics I will use in the "antique" quilt............
I cut lots of squares for the blocks............and I just realised I am so dumb as I need 2 squares for all the blocks to be finished so I need to cut heaps more...........lucky I have not put them away yet...........
Finally Bridget made her way around the back of the house this morning with her babies..........they have grown heaps in the week.........both boys and no they do not have names.........they will be sold in a year......they will be referred to as Bridgets boys........
Apologies for those who join zoom as your not really getting any notice when I will pop on but I just take a chance and jump on when I grab a chance..........
thanks to those who have joined in...........even if I was getting a bit of a ribbing this morning from a couple.........no names mentioned but Betty and Lou may know who that was............LOL
Ok must go back to study now.........
It's a lovely sunny day here.......not to hot, not to cold and not blowing a gale..........the weather is ridiculous lately..........some beautiful gentle soaking rain is desperately needed..........
Catch you later........
Chookyblue.......

16 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such pretty fabrics.....love the heap on the floor, like a flower garden. Bridget's boys have grown in just a week!

Lin said...

Gorgeous fabrics - I love the three sisters designs too. The jelly roll quilt is going to be gorgeous as is your 'antique' quilt. xx

cityquilter grace said...

adorable twins! yes zoom was sorely needed here as well...after a ho-hum day plenty of laughs and chat with quilty peeps....better than any other medicine....a tonic for my soul indeed!

Jo said...

Sorry I missed zoom. I got up to see the email but had to go out for a meeting. Love Bridget’s boys. They are very pretty fabrics too.

Susan Smith said...

Busy, busy & the boys are certainly growing. You've got some pretty jelly rolls there and look forward to seeing your progress. None happening here and wish I could get the hang of Zoom. Met Jo (above) last weekend and that was lovely. Have a good week, take care & hugs from Gippsland with weird weather also.

Kris said...

Oh, the twins are darling!! And your "antique" quilt is going to be wonderful!!

Raewyn said...

It was good you got some much needed time with sewing buddies - it was nice to join in the zooming last weekend, even if I couldn't stay for long. Sorry I couldn't do this weekend - it would have gone down well, for sure. Those pretties are very pretty, and also The Boys very handsome - Bridget looks like she is doing well in the parenthood department.

Janice said...

Great to see you getting some time at the sewing machine. Impromptu Zoom sessions are fine with me. If it works , it works, if not, I’ll join in another time. The fabrics you are using are so pretty. It will be good to get the “antique” quilt finished and out of the cupboard. I’m glad Bridget is being a good mum. Sometimes it is wise not to get too attached to lambs.

Susan said...

Looking forward to seeing the quilt from Jelly Roll Jam.......come together and maybe the antique one too?? (LOL)

Congratulations on your new grand fur babies

loulee said...

LOL You did get to play with some very pretty fabrics. And now I understand why you need to finish one, in order to finish another.
Cut lanbies.

Ondrea said...

Both Jelly Rolls look good. You achieved heaps. Sorry I missed the Zooming.

Rose Marie said...

I have yardage of that 3 Sisters fabric .... so if you need anything, let me know! Those babies are so sweet!

Janet O. said...

Such pretty fabrics all around! Even the antique! ;)
Wow, Bridget's boys have grown.
Mr. Bluetongue is a fascinating creature.
Boy I am glad I was nice enough to you (I hope) that I didn't get called out in this post. Are you sure Betty and Lou know who you were talking about? LOL

ShinyNewThing said...

All your fabrics are so pretty, I have fabric envy!

kiwikid said...

Great you are getting some sewing time. The fabrics you are using are lovely. Nice to see the new Mum and babies and to see Mr Bluetongue.

dq said...

Those are beautiful fabrics, Chooky!