Saturday 23 March 2024

me time.........

 We all have busy patches we go through in out life........ It's a balancing act we all play.......  

So it's been important to take me time........

Mr Chooky ended up being away so it was even easy to play in the Chookshed all day.......

I got a new ruler last month so I wanted to give it a go........ Dug out a jelly roll from the stash......... Found some yardage.......

Love the look with this..... I'm losing a bit of the Zig zag effect for a patch but I'm sticking with this..........I wanted a colour wash effect.........
I've just ordered 20 of these rulers........ Most are for the Scrub Stitchin' girls.......

We had a great big day.........
I think 35 people thru the screen on the day.......
I had a few stats......
From April last year till now I've hosted 24 zooms........
Lou had attended the most although not all of them.......
AVG number attending 11
Highest 35
Lowest 7
So no matter how long or short the session
No matter what time of the day you would be surprised what time some have jumped in....... Even if it's the middle of the night......
So I'll just keep doing what I'm doing...... It seems to be working well.......
Catch you later.......
Chookyblue......
PS I'll check who had the best guess in number of zooms and find something to send out to them........


20 comments:

Jeanette said...

It was a great day. Love the look of the new quilt.

Susan Smith said...

I'm fascinated by the new quilt you are doing & look forward to seeing more. Wish, oh wish I could join the Zoom sessions. Thanks anyway, take care & hugs.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Your table runner looks fantastic. Very effective zig zag.
Thanks for the zoom sessions. They're always such fun to join.

Janice said...

Your braided quilt is going to look so good. It was fun to join in with Zoom.

Ma Betty said...

I really love the zig zag and can also see a table runner in there. Ha! my guess of the number of zooms you have hosted was correct! Just a quick calculation of about 2 per month.
Upstairs to start quilting for my free day.

cityquilter grace said...

Vvery nice new start....yes zoom is always great!

Maria said...

Looks like you are having fun with the new ruler.
Great zig zags growing bigger.

Raewyn said...

I'm looking forward to playing with the ruler - yours is looking great - especially with the colourwash effect! Wow 24 zooms, that's pretty good going - my guess was way off!

ButterZ said...

Your zig zag runner/quilt is great. You do a wonderful job with zoom. I agree, just do what you are already doing. Zoom when you can and for lengths of time you can manage to fit in. We all appreciate your efforts and the benefits they have. Thankyou.

Lin said...

I do like your zigzag design, I can see a table runner in my future! Thanks for your zoom times, it's great to join in when I can. xx

Denice Barker said...

We all appreciate the zoom sessions you organize for us. I always marvel at the outreach you've created. Just counting the different countries we all live in and never would have known each other of not for you. So, thank you.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

The Zooms are such fun, when I can attend I certainly will!
Your runner is marvelous.

Janet O. said...

So glad you got ME time.
That zig-zag is so striking! Kind of boggles my mind how people figure out rulers to make such a thing happen.
It was fun to guess in the Zoom game. I came "that" close to guessing 24 Zooms. It is always a treat when I see you have one scheduled. Love hearing from the different parts of the world--at all hours of the day and night. Thank you for making this happen. It enriches my life.

loulee said...

Me time is the best. Great that you have people all over the world to keep you company, at any time of the day or night. It's an honor to be counted among them. Looking forward to seeing more of your zig zags.

kiwikid said...

Good to read you are getting some me time - looking forward to having a play with the ruler, your zig zag strip looks wonderful. Always appreciate the zooms when I can join in, thank you for hosting them.

Ondrea said...

That runner is looking great. Do you have a ruler addiction? Lol. I must be the 7 zoom session person I reckon.

Susan said...

It was a great day - love the zig zag you created.

Please keep doing what you do , , ,

Susan said...

it was a great day

Please keep doing what you do

Love the zigzag pattern.

dq said...

I have not seen that pattern before. I have seen similar ones though. Love it! Glad you had some time for yourself.

Christine M said...

The zig-zag looks great. It's always lovely joining in on zoom. I think my guess for the number of zooms was way off!