Saturday 3 October 2009

FQS BOM blocks 4 & 8 ..........

Having a great time with the visitors...........we went to the dam for a walk and I snapped this photo - part of an old gate..........got my "favourite colour" post done for snappy friends today too..........

Finally got some sewing done..........Tutti has some skirts finished and I made 2 more blocks for the Fat Quarter Shop BOM.............I did such a good job motivating Nancy she got going and never stopped...........got it all done and signed up for the next one and she has them all up to date too.............
anyway she has been trying to re motivate me and I think she gave up but today I sat down - cleared the dust off the machine and got 2 more blocks done...........

Block Eight - "Star Party"

Designed by Bonnie Olaveson



Block 4 - "Double Treats"

Designed by Bunny Hill Designs
I changed the centre block of this one...........it was supposed to be the brown with red spot but I thought it looked too dark.........the red tone on tone looked heaps better...............

3 more blocks to complete.......
Take Care til next time..............
Chookyblue

19 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Yay for quilty goodness and I love that gate photo. Simple and gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

they look great, love the fabric, what range is this?

Anonymous said...

the blocks look fantastic, do you do farm stays?

I have so much to do and shouldn't be on the computer, but what the heck,vbg

cheers
Christine

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I'm SO proud of you! I have a weekend retreat at the end of the month and plan to set mine then. Wanna join me?

WV: logessio, a musical term which means "in the manner of a sailboat"

Lynda said...

The blocks look awesome Chook.......been awhile since I dropped past.....have missed your interesting musings.......

annemariesquilt said...

It is good to see your Misteryblocks comming along!!
I do love your pics too!

Leanne said...

Good to see your getting some sewing and snapping done.

blueberrylane said...

I think I have about 8 to go !! Will have to get stuck into them soon and catch up. love the fabrics in the new BOM but refuse to sign up till this one is done !

Cardygirl said...

Blocks look great...glad you are having a fun weekend & getting some sewing done!

Julia said...

Rusty old gate..great photo!

Love the blocks..I should be off here too..gorgeouse day here, should go for a walk!
have a good one!
Julia ♥

Deb said...

yummy blocks Chooky,I especially adore that top one with that lovely paisley fabric.

Lurline said...

Great blocks and I love your 'snappy friends' pics!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Veronica said...

Hola mi Pollita Azul!
qué hermosos han quedado esos bloques.
yo ando de vacaciones hasta el 20 de octubre.
te dejo muchos besos,
vero

Meggie said...

Very nice blocks.

Mistea said...

Gotta Love that Blue sky! Great blocks - red now that is a good choice.

Cathy said...

Glad to see you back at the sewing machine...you might motivate me to get on with it too! Life just gets in the way of our obsession sometimes!! Have a great week, Cathyx

Anita said...

The blocks look great!! Good on you for getting some more made.

Bec said...

The block you changed looks great! and hey, you have to make the quilt YOURS!
I have been like you, struggling to get any sewing done, hoping ot have that change from next week - once shearing is over and done with. We have all the calves marked now and I have 80% of the MAJOR spring clean done. phew - big job that.
Love old gates....
oh, and great job on the skirts!

Christine said...

Your blocks are beautiful. Fairy Girl's skirt looks good too. Finally started my gifts for your SSCS today ... was starting to panic as the time is slipping away! Hope you find some more stitching time too.
Christine